Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65010 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 17, 2013
DAVIDYLAN THE NEWEST ATHIEST ON NL grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 17, 2013
I never lose. I am a bank of knowledge

Where is GOSHEN?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: I never lose. I am a bank of knowledge

Where is GOSHEN?

shakes head. You have more problems than the atheists... you are certainly not one.

11 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

shakes head. You have more problems than the atheists... you are certainly not one.

I thought you took off. What are you still doing on here? You still wanna debunk me?

Now you realise your god is flesh and blood,not a spirit as you were wrongly taught.

Aint you gonna get ready to go worship him this morning. I am sure you gonna sleep during the pastors sermon anyway
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2013
Do you know your jesus was an alien hybrid? I can prove it to you
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

I thought you took off. What are you still doing on here? You still wanna debunk me?

Now you realise your god is flesh and blood,not a spirit as you were wrongly taught.

Aint you gonna get ready to go worship him this morning. I am sure you gonna sleep during the pastors sermon anyway

I just stopped responding to confused verbiage. There are times when silence is the best answer for certain viewpoints that are so disturbed you wonder if the person espousing them does have a brain.

For someone who doesnt believe in God... to claim that somehow time travel is real... amazing. Here i was thinking i was going to have a real scientific debate only to be bored to death by some hubris about time travelers and alien DNA.

8 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I mix biology,physics,spirituality and logic.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I just stopped responding to confused verbiage. There are times when silence is the best answer for certain viewpoints that are so disturbed you wonder if the person espousing them does have a brain.

For someone who doesnt believe in God... to claim that somehow time travel is real... amazing. Here i was thinking i was going to have a real scientific debate only to be bored to death by some hubris about time travelers and alien DNA.

Even when i showed you evidence in your bible? Do you know what was contained in the the "ark of covenant" ? Why were the people warned never to touch it? Could it be filled with high electric voltage- that he could shock a man to death when touched? Oh i remember- the good guy who tried protecting it from falling was electrocuted to death because he wanted to stop it from falling .

Haba yahweh could have told them why they shouldn't touch it - he wanted to remain a mystery. Anyway, science has caught up with him. Mystery solved lol

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Even when i showed you evidence in your bible? Do you know what was contained in the the "ark of covenant" ? Why were the people warned never to touch it? Could it be filled with high electric voltage- that he could shock a man to death when touched? Oh i remember- the good guy who tried protecting it from falling was electrocuted to death because he wanted to stop it from falling .

Haba yahweh could have told them why they shouldn't touch it - he wanted to remain a mystery. Anyway, science has caught up with him. Mystery solved lol

you mean the "science" of time travel? you're a joke buddy.

4 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

I mix biology,physics,spirituality and logic.

For starters... there is no evidence that you have any more than a rudimentary grasp of biology and physics. As for logic... the less said the better.

4 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2013
Davidylan no more bible verses? I will explain them all to you.

You want me to explain the book of revelation the way it should be? Apparently its filled with time traveling and extraterrestrials.

The act of vision in the bible is as a result of time travelling. You want me to show you? Even holograms( remember jesus talking to moses and elijah).
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

For starters... there is no evidence that you have any more than a rudimentary grasp of biology and physics. As for logic... the less said the better.

So what are ur arguments about. You keep mentioning time travelling. Aint you gonna defend your christian faith or yahweh the ufo?

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 17, 2013
Dude you aint serious lol. You yet to launch an attack. Why are there no pyramids in the bible? Care to explain how a whole god never claimed he built them.....lol.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2013
Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Eze 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Eze 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: [and] they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings [were] full of eyes round about them four.
Eze 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither [was their] spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:21 When those went, [these] went; and when those stood, [these] stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Eze 1:23 And under the firmament [were] their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

I bet no christian or pastor can explain the above

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by cyrexx: 7:18am On Feb 17, 2013
Ifeness, you just became my favourite nairalander today. Well done. You did a good job schooling these ignorant and bigoted christians, who actually prefer their superstitious religious myths rather than opening their minds to realities outside their religious bubble. Some of them haven't even read their entire Bible for themselves.

Many people on nairaland already know that davidylan is a fake scientist (he denies the established scientific facts), as well as he is a fake-a$$ foul-mouthed Christian. He thinks the more he attacks and denies established scientific facts, the more he validates his superstitious religious beliefs.

To address the topic of the thread, the fact that some atheists keep their beliefs to themselves is not necessarily a cowardice. When you are living among religious psychopaths, the best course of action is be wise about disclosing your personal beliefs. Survival matters more than anything else.

Religious people somehow believe that the more they attack non-believers, the more they are pleasing their imaginary god. Even christians in my country discriminate and psychologically attack anyone outside their belief system.

8 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:24am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: I WON !! grin grin grin

grin grin grin
This is certainly funny!

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2013
cyrexx: Ifeness, you just became my favourite nairalander today. Well done. You did a good job schooling these ignorant and bigoted christians, who actually prefer their superstitious religious myths rather than opening their minds to realities outside their religious bubble. Some of them haven't even read their entire Bible for themselves.

Another brainless simpleton who simply supports another non-believer without thinking. So you do believe, along with ifeness, that time travel is real? You do support his view on nephilims from another planet seeding us with alien DNA? Quite rich to call "christians" ignorant when you havent fully digested ifeness viewpoint... he does take a lot of his views straight from the very bible you think is full of spurious myths.

But then... who has ever lost betting on the stupidity of the average NL atheist.

7 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

the above is not true. You're not talking to some immigrant who has been to nigeria for a total of 10 mins all his life.

Fela's lack of religion was COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Particularly for those of us who knew his family history from Abeokuta. His father was a very popular reverend in the 40s (he was principal of Abeokuta grammar school) and still has a school named after him till today. The Kuti family were prominent Anglicans and everyone knew Fela was the only one in the family who first came out against organized religion.

Wole Soyinka also lives partially in Abeokuta (his house used to be on the road to my former secondary school then in the 90s)... and is a well-known secular humanist who once used to promote yoruba traditional deities.

Those who do not know their religious belief are just ignorant period and have no place at this debate.

To say nigerians are "discriminating" to atheists is just false. I grew up with atheists... i dont remember them complaining about discrimination. Besides, this does not even apply to logicboy, he has lived most of his life in the UK where discrimination of atheists doesnt really exist... so what is his problem? An atheist who is a UK citizen hiding his beliefs on the basis of some assumed discrimination IN NIGERIA is just a cowardly liar.

Fact is, people know waaaay less about Fela's stand on religion as compared with, say, his music. Same for Wole Soyinka. When both names are mentioned, first thing that comes to mind are their works, not religious standing. And if you ask most Nigeria what religion either of them adhere to, most Nigeria would tell you that they don't know.

The issue with atheists in Nigeria is rather similar to the issue with gay people in Nigeria (though atheism can't be outlawed by the government in a supposedly religious tolerant country). For celebrities and popular people in Nigeria, your religious (and even sexual) details don't really matter. But if you're just the guy next door, minding your own business, and it comes out that you're atheist, people around start looking at you as a heretic, an anathema and a hell bound sinner (trust me, I've heard people say this. In fact, you don't even need to go beyond Nairaland to know that it's the truth).

I'm a Christian, but live and let live is my mantra. If we all agreed on everything, the world would be a very boring place. The best I can do is give a sound argument on the basis for my belief and leave you to draw your own conclusions. Calling you names just so I can guilt you into accepting my religion is weak, and makes me a religious bully. I view atheists and agnostics (and pretty much every other non-christian) with a kind of fascination because I like to learn about other beliefs and belief systems and, at least, we can have cracking arguments smiley.

So I can totally understand why logic boy would choose to keep his views on religion private from those close to him.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

grin grin grin
This is certainly funny!

My brother... let him have his 15 seconds of "fame". Sometimes responding to the idiocy you read on here is not worth the ink the response is written on. Alien DNA indeed... from the same people mocking christians for wishful thinking and believing in unverifiable mythology.

4 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

Another brainless simpleton who simply supports another non-believer without thinking. So you do believe, along with ifeness, that time travel is real? You do support his view on nephilims from another planet seeding us with alien DNA? Quite rich to call "christians" ignorant when you havent fully digested ifeness viewpoint... he does take a lot of his views straight from the very bible you think is full of spurious myths.

But then... who has ever lost betting on the stupidity of the average NL atheist.

POiNT OF CORRECTION: The stories of the bible where re written from all the ancient scrolls . You know i love giving examples

The story of Noah was actually from the EPIC OF GILGAMESH

THe story of genesis was taken from the SUMERIAN TEXT and THE BOOK OF ENKHI

The ten commandements were stolen from the BOOK OF THE DEAD

Story of jesus was about OSIRIS and HORUS. Etc

I only used the bible becos that is the only book you know( even if it wasn t the original)

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:
So I can totally understand why logic boy would choose to keep his views on religion private from those close to him.

forgive me but i am mentally too tired to go into details with responses tonight but i will respond to this little gem...

Logic had no excuse really... he lives in the UK, i wonder why he is worried about how nigerians discriminate against atheists.

Just to point out... to say that most nigerians do not know what religion Fela or Tai Solarin profess is either false or admitting that the average nigerian is quite simply ill-informed for all our noise making. Fela was very strongly anti-God... Soyinka has been a strong advocate for ifa for so long (at least 20 yrs)... Tai solarin set up the first godless school in nigeria which hosted one of the first international humanist conferences in nigeria in 2004. these are all verifiable facts... that many of you dont know speaks more to how little information most people truly know.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

PONT OF CORRECTION: The stories of the bible where re written from all the ancient scrolls . You know i love giving examples

The story of Noah was actually from the EPIC OF GILGAMESH

THe story of genesis was taken from the SUMERIAN TEXT and THE BOOK OF ENKHI

The ten commandements were stolen from the BOOK OF THE DEAD

Story of jesus was about OSIRIS and HORUS. Etc

I only used the bible becos that is the only book you know( even if it wasn t the original)

and these "ancient scrolls" were written by who and were are they kept?

and this is the person the empty headed cyrexx was patting on the back?

5 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

and these "ancient scrolls" were written by who and were are they kept?

and this is the person the empty headed cyrexx was patting on the back?

I have successfully debunked your idea of god creating the world in 8(?) days

I have successfully debunked your idea of heaven and yahweh being a spirit or omnipotent

I have made you realised from your own book(bible) that you worship extraterrestrials

Now on the scrolls: Traditional African religion is the oldest religion in the world. Well, this is obvious since Africans are the oldest human beings on earth. All the stories are in the book of the dead. I have been to the british library to read them several time. Unfortunately it cannot be borrowed. I do have a few copies with me. I also have the one of the Indians that told stories of flying craft visiting the earth in the past. Well the bible is obviously not original ,.....but contains some valid stories. Other than that , it is a book of brain wash

Humans have been on this planet for millions of years,i hope you now realise that.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 17, 2013
When the white men came to Africa for the first time, the people thought they were gods from another world. People like you would worship them if the decided to claim they were gods.

My advise, toss the bible aside and learn more from other books.

I need my sleep now

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

forgive me but i am mentally too tired to go into details with responses tonight but i will respond to this little gem...

Logic had no excuse really... he lives in the UK, i wonder why he is worried about how nigerians discriminate against atheists.

Just to point out... to say that most nigerians do not know what religion Fela or Tai Solarin profess is either false or admitting that the average nigerian is quite simply ill-informed for all our noise making. Fela was very strongly anti-God... Soyinka has been a strong advocate for ifa for so long (at least 20 yrs)... Tai solarin set up the first godless school in nigeria which hosted one of the first international humanist conferences in nigeria in 2004. these are all verifiable facts... that many of you dont know speaks more to how little information most people truly know.

That's the point, most people don't know what the religious side of most of our celebrities/stars is like and most simply don't care to know. You know because you cared enough to know. Even when such information is mentioned, it bypasses most Nigerians because with celebs, Nigerians are only bothered with what they can see and what you do. Even if they did, we have this idea in Nigeria that once you are a celeb or popular, pretty much nothing else matters about you. A lot of people postulate, for instance, that Denrele is gay (which could be true, for all I know) but does that change anything for him? He is still a celeb and his fans still love him.

But just be Johnny Jones next door, then admit to family, friends and neighbours that you are gay and watch the reaction. It is the same thing pretty much as openly admitting atheism.

He stays in the UK? Well, that doesn't mean he will not come back to Nigeria and relate with family and friends back home. And for that reason he may have to keep that information private, so nothing changes with how he relates with them.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

I have successfully debunked your idea of god creating the world in 8(?) days

I have successfully debunked your idea of heaven and yahweh being a spirit or omnipotent

I have made you realised from your own book(bible) that you worship extraterrestrials

Now on the scrolls: Traditional African religion is the oldest religion in the world. Well, this is obvious since Africans are the oldest human beings on earth. All the stories are in the book of the dead. I have been to the british library to read them several time. Unfortunately it cannot be borrowed. I do have a few copies with me. I also have the one of the Indians that told stories of flying craft visiting the earth in the past. Well the bible is obviously not original ,.....but contains some valid stories. Other than that , it is a book of brain wash

Humans have been on this planet for millions of years,i hope you now realise that.

I wonder why you ignored my 2 questions... they didnt require an entire essay to answer.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2013
cyrexx: Ifeness, you just became my favourite nairalander today. Well done. You did a good job schooling these ignorant and bigoted christians, who actually prefer their superstitious religious myths rather than opening their minds to realities outside their religious bubble. Some of them haven't even read their entire Bible for themselves.

Many people on nairaland already know that davidylan is a fake scientist (he denies the established scientific facts), as well as he is a fake-a$$ foul-mouthed Christian. He thinks the more he attacks and denies established scientific facts, the more he validates his superstitious religious beliefs.

To address the topic of the thread, the fact that some atheists keep their beliefs to themselves is not necessarily a cowardice. When you are living among religious psychopaths, the best course of action is be wise about disclosing your personal beliefs. Survival matters more than anything else.

Religious people somehow believe that the more they attack non-believers, the more they are pleasing their imaginary god. Even christians in my country discriminate and psychologically attack anyone outside their belief system.

Thanks, The truth needs to be told however blunt it may appear sometimes. I personally derive pleasure debunking christian,especially pastors. I have been on debates on religion. In fact i look forward to meeting any christian here in the UK to re lecture them about their beloved book. There is nothing sweeter than using the bible against them.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by chukkynwob(m): 8:22am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Thanks, The truth needs to be told however blunt it may appear sometimes. I personally derive pleasure debunking christian,especially pastors. I have been on debates on religion. In fact i look forward to meeting any christian here in the UK to re lecture them about their beloved book. There is nothing sweeter than using the bible against them.

How can you be both the judge and the juror?
On NL it seems he who first shouts debunked wins,I laugh in swahili.

I hope you understand that there is a peer-review process for all scrolls,to varify their authenticity and claims.

5 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I wonder why you ignored my 2 questions... they didnt require an entire essay to answer.

You wanna know about time travelling.....did i not refer you to the law of relativity? Time can be slowned down( check it out)

And what other question are you talking about?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2013
chukkynwob:

I hope you understand that there is a peer-review process for all scrolls,to varify their authenticity and claims.

In that case, how do you know the bible is authentic?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2013
The hindus,africans ,buddhists.Egyptians were around long long time before the biblw was written

Dont forget the bible different books . That is why it doesnt make sense....yet the pastors built a business empire with it

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2013
chukkynwob:

Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Eze 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Eze 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: [and] they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings [were] full of eyes round about them four.
Eze 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither [was their] spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:21 When those went, [these] went; and when those stood, [these] stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Eze 1:23 And under the firmament [were] their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

Can you explain this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.