Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65024 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 27, 2013
thehomer:

I'm talking about your complaints that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory. If you can, you're welcome to explain yourself on that issue.

I guess you still find it difficult to read and respond to my response on page 4 here.

Perhaps when you lay out the scientific treatise for the theory of evolution we can talk no? I should not be responsible for defending my faith AND defending the logic of your own viewpoint too.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 27, 2013
thehomer:

You should care because like other reasonable people, I thought you would prefer to have more correct ideas than incorrect ones. Especially when you have the opportunity of correcting those incorrect ideas. If you're that special type of person who doesn't care whether their ideas are correct or incorrect, you can quickly say so here.

Trust me, when i need to rub minds this is the last place i will come to. I mean seriously... i should be looking for ideas from half-baked plagiarists?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 27, 2013
rationalmind:

Same thing I noticed. I keep wondering why the guy appears so unnecessarily hostile. Just look at his convo with Mr. Rothstein.

Sorry if i came across as hostile...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 27, 2013
plaetton:

I have psycho-analyzed the guy.
He is brilliant, but he is greatly conflicted.

He is a closet atheist very angry with his deep atheistic yearnings and therefore lashes out to all atheists.
He religious beliefs conflict greatly with his commonsense, but because he has committed so much of his life to these beliefs, he doesn't know how to wiggle out, except to, perhaps magically wish atheism away and death to all atheists.

He is to be pitied and assisted.

I am in awe of your psychic powers. The problem is you are even more confused than i am.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 27, 2013
@david my little 'conversational history' with you has taught me not to expect anything less than a failure to backup claims you've made,so it's cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
@david my little 'conversational history' with you has taught me not to expect anything less than a failure to backup claims you've made,so it's cool

Absurd. I dont remember making any claims, infact i made no claims. I simply choose not to waste my time answering a bunch of irrelevant blather dressed up as "questions".
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Kay17: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2013
davidylan:

you're being deliberately obtuse and dishonest. Obviously i made it clear the caliber of "atheists" here are largely an ignorant bunch who simply parrot what they read on google without much thought. If you think evolution is real, you can start by lining up your factual evidence right here. Failing which of course i can simply consign you to the dustbin of irrelevance.

We're going on 77 pages and you cowards haven't changed a bit.

What is your is grouse with the theory of evolution, in what areas of it, do you think it went wrong?

1. How do you explain diversity

2. How do you explain the genetic evidence that all life is related

3. To what extent do you believe mutations can go?

4. How does life adapt effectively to its enivornment?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2013
plaetton:
davidlan is the true coward, a conflicted coward.

Davidlan has stated clearly on this forum that biblical tales are too confusing and too silly to be taken seriously by any intelligent person.
Yup!
Uuhhum! shocked

Infact, that was the best truth ever told by a theist on this forum, and I still commend him for that.

Yet, he is too cowardly to step out of that silly box and embrace reality.
He still comes here to defend the same silliness and rebuke those that have long abandoned that silly ship.

Is that just cowardice or schizophrenia?
True. He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand. I don't know how truthful your statement is.
But plaetton, do you abondone a position because you think a portion of it is flawed?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2013
Edited: doesn't really matter.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2013
@david you made a claim when you said we'll all mumble and runaway when you ask your questions,remember now?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Reyginus: True. He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand. I don't know how truthful your statement is.
But plaetton, do you abondone a position because you think a portion of it is flawed?

Science has the luxury of ammending a flawed position because it is based on the available ewvidence. Should the evidence shift, the sceince will shift.

Religion lacks such a luxury because it claims perfect knowledge from God perfect knowledge can't have a flawed portion.

And to answer your question, a flawed portion of an idea must be ammended but religious people like davidylan gloss over the flaws. Science tackles and corrects.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2013
davidylan:

No you're no supposed or forced to believe anything. You are absolutely free to be an atheist. Just the same way I am free not to take your caterwauling seriously.

I understand faith for you is credulity. Some of us still have the option of using our brain.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

Science has the luxury of ammending a flawed position because it is based on the available ewvidence. Should the evidence shift, the sceince will shift.

good.

Religion lacks such a luxury because it claims perfect knowledge from God perfect knowledge can't have a flawed portion.

And to answer your question, a flawed portion of an idea must be ammended but religious people like davidylan gloss over the flaws. Science tackles and corrects.

good. You'll have to change your words from religion to godly for them to carry full effect though. I don't believe in empty and hypocritical religious practices.

But you'll also have to show examples of the flaws of christianity and how science has "tackled" them. Or rather, how you have tackled them.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2013
davidylan:

I'll give you my car if he answers your question.
Lol
You need not say sire. It is quite obvious that the 'science ochestrated know all' tend to display more illiteracy than i had credited them for.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

I see this statement as an understatement. The problem with many of us is that we think science can discover every truth.
Science is only a method of inquiry out so many. There are some truths science cannot discover.

Logicboy03:

I don't understand what you mean by 'it claims perfect knowledge from God'. Also, that a person thinks that a portion of anything is flawed does not make it flawed.

Logicboy03:

Actually, that is not my question you are responding to. I only asked if one should discard a position because he thinks a portion is flawed. A yes or no would have done it better.
Since you hold that scince tackles and corrects, probably you mean everything, can science discover the truth behind morality or why the lexis and structure of English Language are so structured?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

Can you bring forward a well documented miracle? I don't do hearsay.

Am not supposed to give you a case study. Carefully choose from the numerous instances that will rock your boat.
Am here to re-format your gullible and scientfic brainwashed mind.
grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

I'm agnostic FYI. I don't do dogmas
Need i remind you that agnotism is the puppet to illuminatus.
What has that fetched you so far?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:

Am not supposed to give you a case study. Carefully choose from the numerous instances that will rock your boat.
grin

Format your brain first, so you can free yourself from the indoctrination you have endured the longer part of your life.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:
Need i remind you that agnotism is the puppet to illuminatus.
What has that fetched you so far?

The bolded shows how fickle-minded you are. So beliefs should be all about ends? Comments like this makes me understand why Christianity thrives in areas where poverty and illiteracy are prevalent. Agnosticism has availed me a rational mind,an open-minded view of the world around me. The mental strength to face and embrace reality than bask in the euphoria of a reassuring fable. It has made me brave enough to accept responsibilities for the outcomes of my actions instead of blaming it on third parties.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

The bolded shows how fickle-minded you are. So beliefs should be all about ends? Comments like this makes me understand why Christianity thrives in areas where poverty and illiteracy are prevalent. Agnosticism has availed me a rational mind,an open-minded view of the world around me. The mental strength to face and embrace reality than bask in the euphoria of a reassuring fable. It has made me brave enough to accept responsibilities for the outcomes of my actions instead of blaming it on third parties.

The same way you are mentally impaired to narrowly deduce it to monetary and material ends.
Its only a f00l that trades his origin in a hurry for some scientfic proceeding without sieving. You swallow hook, line and sinker in the name of bravery and being open-minded.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plaetton: 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:

grin

Scientific brainwashed mind?
Wow!
This is a new one.
Wonders shall never cease .

I hope you don't have children.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plaetton: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:

The same way you are mentally impaired to narrowly deduce it to monetary and material ends.
Its only a f00l that trades his origin in a hurry for some scientfic proceeding without sieving. You swallow hook, line and sinker in the name of bravery and being open-minded.

Obviously , you never had any scientific education of any kind.
You do not even have the slightest idea of what science entails.

Oga, whatever it is your are trying to defend here, you are being an embarrassment to that cause.
Believe me.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:

Its only a f00l that trades his origin in a hurry for some scientfic preoceeding without sieving.

I believe after sieving through the creation story, your brain didn't see any flashing beacon. when;

1. Your god created day and night before the sun(Science taught me the revolution of the earth about its axis relative to the sun causes day and night).

2. Your god created creeping plants before the sun( Science taught me plants require sunlight for photosynthesis).

Sadly your Bible doesn't have the luxury to say it was wrong as it was written under the inspiration of the holy spirit.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plaetton: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Reyginus: True. He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand. I don't know how truthful your statement is.

Yes, Reyginus.
You cannot commence e building if some parts of the engineering plans are deemed faulty. You have to go back to the drawing table.

The bible , according to you guys, is supposed to be a blue print for life. If the Framework is flawed , or silly, as davidylan keenly observed, then the whole body cannot be deemed reliable.

Therefore, it becomes imperative for humans to gradually build their worldview on a reality that sidelines the entire faulty framework of divinity and of existence as promoted in the bible.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
plaetton:

Scientific brainwashed mind?
Wow!
This is a new one.
Wonders shall never seize .

I hope you don't have children.

Your stupidity couldn't allow you see beyond typo error.
I doubt if you know †нэ meaning.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

I believe after sieving through the creation story, your brain didn't see any flashing beacon. when;

1. Your god created day and night before the sun(Science taught me the revolution of the earth about its axis relative to the sun causes day and night).

2. Your god created creeping plants before the sun( Science taught me plants require sunlight for photosynthesis).

Sadly your Bible doesn't have the luxury to say it was wrong as it was written under the inspiration of the holy spirit.
I want you to simply explain †нэ rationale behind miracles.
Thats all
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
plaetton:

Obviously , you never had any scientific education of any kind.
You do not even have the slightest idea of what science entails.

Oga, whatever it is your are trying to defend here, you are being an embarrassment to that cause.
Believe me.
Am not here to preach my faith or condem any belief. The world is a big place ( you learned 1di0t should know better). All i say is
'' Each man to his belief ''

Ps: neva quote me again
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
plainmirror:
I want you to simply explain †нэ rationale behind miracles.
Thats all

Why should the burden of proof for something you claim to exist rest on me?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Joshthefirst(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

it has only made you confused actually. Either that or you're not really agnostic.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
ezme:

Why should be burden of proof for something you claim to exist rest on me?

Your effort has been to appraise religion based on personal criteria.
So am giving you †нэ honour

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: it has only made you confused actually. Either that or you're not really agnostic.
Lol
He has chosen his path
#respect that

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: it has only made you confused actually. Either that or you're not really agnostic.

And Joshthefirst certifies me confused. Well its nairaland, everyone has an opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.