Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy (47830 Views)

18 Ways To Love Your Husband / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Muslims! How Long Will You Be Searching Lail-al-qadr? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:
1st bold: Reflect ke? I just posted them to know what deols thinks about them. Different people have their own special way of understanding the verses. There are sites where you would see people interprete those verses and tell you they don't mean men are superior to women.
2nd bolded: You think the fact that women are sometimes assertive means they are desirous of proving their strength to men? Is it so hard for you to believe that women can actually be assertive or forceful naturally when occaision demands and not simply because they want to look badass? It seems you have the mindset that women should be soft and tender and fluffy all the time so when you see them displaying aggression you assume they are just trying to look like superwomen.
3rd bolded: Are you talking about the trio of jidegirl, chaircover and greatgod grin? Those ones are confirmed believers in the superiority of men. Jidegirl especially. So I won't be surprised if they are the ones you are referring to.

Am not trying to start an argument with you mac smiley, just replying your post.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
maclatunji:
There you go again. You made a post, someone liked it- you complained. The person says he was just liking the fact that you are willing to talk about what you posted, you start distancing yourself from your own post. Okay, after deols tells you what she thinks of those quotes, none of your brain power will be channelled into assessing what she says abi?
As for the 3 ladies you mentioned, you only got one right and I won't deny complimenting her. Chaircover is a class act amongst the ladies I have interacted with on Nairaland.
Oya, go and search for the other two. Fellis, you make me laugh. The fact that you are complaining about someone liking your own post shows that you are trying a little bit too hard to prove something.

Maclatunji....you sound so angry......Why are you shouting at me? sad What did I do? sad
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
^I am not shouting at you my dear.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
^I am not shouting at you at all. Stop feeling sad, you are making me feel bad. Here is the thing, sometimes when I am responding to people on Nairaland, I am actually multitasking. I think some of that shortness of time and space does spill into my writing making it rather curt and a little bit too direct.

I am sorry about that, okay? cheesy
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
maclatunji: ^I am not shouting at you at all. Stop feeling sad, you are making me feel bad. Here is the thing, sometimes when I am responding to people on Nairaland, I am actually multitasking. I think some of that shortness of time and space does spill into my writing making it rather curt and a little bit too direct.

I am sorry about that, okay? cheesy

So because you are multitasking you think that is an excuse to start shouting at me abi cry cry cry cry?
You can multitask and still be nice.... cry
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:

So because you are multitasking you think that is an excuse to start shouting at me abi cry cry cry cry?
You can multitask and still be nice.... cry

I said I wasn't shouting at you. My post might have been a little impatient but I definitely was not shouting. #Whatelse does she want me to #type ?

Would a poem make you feel better? tongue
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
maclatunji:
I said I wasn't shouting at you. My post might have been a little impatient but I definitely was not shouting. #Whatelse does she want me to #type ?
Would a poem make you feel better? tongue
awww shucks smiley you can write a poem for me? embarassed
I was never upset to be honest, I was just being mischievous all along. . . . .
Don't worry about it.
It's all good smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
^It would have been irrational to be angry but what can I say? People throw tantrums.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
maclatunji: ^It would have been irrational to be angry but what can I say? People throw tantrums.

Of course they do grin
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 11:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
salam. when are we going to start a post on how to make your wife happy, because i think the men are always hammering and preaching about the duties of a wife more than that of a man. its quite surprising that many muslim men dont even know certain issues about marriage. i.e in islam its not compulsory for a muslim wife to cook for her husband, now try telling that to an african man.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 12:12am On Feb 26, 2013
Sissie: salam. when are we going to start a post on how to make your wife happy, because i think the men are always hammering and preaching about the duties of a wife more than that of a man. its quite surprising that many muslim men dont even know certain issues about marriage. i.e in islam its not compulsory for a muslim wife to cook for her husband, now try telling that to an african man.

You can educate us on what makes you women happy.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:34am On Feb 26, 2013
bukatyne: Yes Mummy wink

I like being a mummy sha smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:42am On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:

What do you think of these verses and the Hadith?

[Qur'an 4:34]Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means’

[Qur'an 2:228]...and due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”
Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1853; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.
I am coming back to these o. was a lil bit indisposed ystrdy...will be back in sha Allah and two things can happen-

1. reaffirm my stand on what I av been saying all along.

2. change my stand

...which one shall it be. later today is like reall late..bear with me pls.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 26, 2013
deols:
I am coming back to these o. was a lil bit indisposed ystrdy...will be back in sha Allah and two things can happen-
1. reaffirm my stand on what I av been saying all along.
2. change my stand
...which one shall it be. later today is like reall late..bear with me pls.

Lol. See how you wrote your post as if this thing is a drama series that we are anxious about the ending.
Look, if it isn't convinient for you to give feedback then forget about it. No wahala.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2013
deols:

I like being a mummy sha smiley
You sometimes remind moi of a friend of mine Aisha
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:

Lol. See how you wrote your post as if this thing is a drama series that we are anxious about the ending.
Look, if it isn't convinient for you to give feedback then forget about it. No wahala.

wow. maybe it is like it to me. The one reason I like NL is that i feel challenged about what I know, compelled to learn more and I enjoy that. Of course it has to reflect in my post. It is more about me o and I am not sorry about it.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2013
bukatyne: You sometimes remind moi of a friend of mine Aisha

really? it must be good then smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
fellis:

What do you think of these verses and the Hadith?

[Qur'an 4:34]Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means’

[Qur'an 2:228]...and due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

and because they spend from their means.

meaning the dowry, expenditures and various expenses that Allah ordained in His Book and the Sunnah of His Messenger for men to spend on women. For these reasons it is suitable that he is appointed her maintainer, just as Allah said, وَلِلرِّجَالِ عَلَيْهِنَّ دَرَجَةٌ (But men have a degree (of responsibility) over them). (2:228)

..this is both verses in one.

by my understanding, a man is a degree above her because he provides for her.that makes him d head and the degree is that of responsibility over her wa Allahu a'lam.

SOmething else to be noted though, while speaking about equality is that certain positions of leadership are not for a woman. Like in an Islamic state, a woman wouldn't be heaad of state. But in relation to piety, both men and women are equals in the sight of Allah.

Wa Allahu a'lam.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
deols:
and because they spend from their means.
meaning the dowry, expenditures and various expenses that Allah ordained in His Book and the Sunnah of His Messenger for men to spend on women. For these reasons it is suitable that he is appointed her maintainer, just as Allah said, وَلِلرِّجَالِ عَلَيْهِنَّ دَرَجَةٌ (But men have a degree (of responsibility) over them). (2:228)
..this is both verses in one.
by my understanding, a man is a degree above her because he provides for her.that makes him d head and the degree is that of responsibility over her wa Allahu a'lam.
SOmething else to be noted though, while speaking about equality is that certain positions of leadership are not for a woman. Like in an Islamic state, a woman wouldn't be heaad of state. But in relation to piety, both men and women are equals in the sight of Allah.
Wa Allahu a'lam.

[size=13pt]Seen[/size] smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Denise216(f): 3:02am On Feb 28, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Surely you do realize that "treating each other as you'd like to be treated" is not an atheistic characteristic. Atheism has no norms so essentially you are free to treat them good or bad since you are not accountable to any higher power.

The golden rule predates religion (polytheistic and monotheistic) and so does the concept of crime and punishment. I'm always puzzled by the assumption that religion is responsible for our basic code of ethics in humanity when in fact it's the opposite. If you'e looking for a debate I'd be happy to accommodate you.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by nobniger: 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
HOW ABOUT HOW TO MAKE YOUR WIVES HAPPY, MUST IT ALWAYS BE THE OTHER WAY? NAWAOOO
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hi, deols and maclatunji. How is your day going? Hope fine smiley

Anyway, I am curious about something and I need your opinions on it. It is in light of the verse I quoted earlier about men excelling over women.

The Quran, chapter 4 (An-Nisa), verse 34:
“ Men are guardians over women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means.

In the verse above, it is stated that men are guardians over women because they have been given more than women and because they support women from their means. I take it that 'means' in the verse is referring to financial means, so I was wondering, what about in a situation where the woman has a job and the man does not? Or in a situation where there is equal contribution in the marriage, with the wife supporting the family just as much as the husband does financially? Does that change anything about the man being the guardian of the woman?

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules to answer.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by MacDaddy01: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis: Hi, deols and maclatunji. How is your day going? Hope fine smiley

Anyway, I am curious about something and I need your opinions on it. It is in light of the verse I quoted earlier about men excelling over women.

“ Men are guardians over women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means.

In the verse above, it is stated that men are guardians over women because they have been given more than women and because they support women from their means. I take it that 'means' in the verse is referring to financial means, so I was wondering, what about in a situation where the woman has a job and the man does not? Or in a situation where there is equal contribution in the marriage, with the wife supporting the family just as much as the husband does financially? Does that change anything about the man being the guardian of the woman?

wink wink
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
MacDaddy01:

wink wink

Lol.

Why are you winking?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by MacDaddy01: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis:

Lol.

Why are you winking?

I know you wont get a satisfactory answer. Can bet my life on it.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I know you wont get a satisfactory answer. Can bet my life on it.

I beg to differ.
I know my Muslim brother and sister. They are quite knowledgeable.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by MacDaddy01: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis:

I beg to differ.
I know my Muslim brother and sister. They are quite knowledgeable.

lol and the atheists are what? Super knowledgeable?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
MacDaddy01:

lol and the atheists are what? Super knowledgeable?

See bragging.
I meant that they are knowledgeable in matters related to Islam.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis: Hi, deols and maclatunji. How is your day going? Hope fine smiley

Salam
The quranic verse you quoted and you said means "financial means" doesn't mean financial means alone, the verse actually says,
"Men are the protectors and maintenance of women because Allah has made one of them to have more strength than the other, and because they spend to support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women re devoutly obedient to Allah and to their husbands"
This means that men are protectors and maintainers/sustainers of women, which is not only financial, but includes protection of your wife against physical harms. I.e if armed robbers go to your house, you protect your family.
You protect them physically and psychological. And he sustains her from what he is earning, which means if they both contribute 50/50 he still sustains her witin his means, really she can decide to live on his 50% only , that doesn't diminish her obedience towards him.but if he an can support his wife 100% he shuld and don't say his wife workin and must support herself, (his money is their money, her money is her money). And if he doesn't earn money and she supports the family, she is obedient because he still protects his family. The obedience and submission isn't based only on financial means, a man has his duty and responsibility to his family.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
The man is still the guarduan. Theirs more to being a guardian than just financial.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
@Fellis, Sissie has explained the verse the way I understand it. There is virtually nothing to add except that love and trust are key. Where these two exist, rules will not be seen as burdens as both sides will respect and honour each other.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
@Fellis, Sissie has explained the verse the way I understand it. There is virtually nothing to add except that love and trust are key. Where these two exist, rules will not be seen as burdens as both sides will respect and honour each other. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.