Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism (6118 Views)

Police Trained On Counter I.E.D Measures Abroad / 3000 Soldiers To Be Trained On Counter-terrorism / Nigeria And United Kingdom Working On Counter-Terrorism Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Livas2: 11:23am On Feb 17, 2013
The Nigerian Army has trained 2, 904 soldiers on counter terrorism at the Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC) in Kontagora, Niger.

During the graduation ceremony on Friday, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, said the six-week intensive training in basic counter terrorism course was to prepare the soldiers for the challenges ahead.

He said checking the current security challenges required competent soldiers in all aspects of internal security duties.

Ihejirika said it was imperative that the soldiers should use all the combat proficiency skills they acquired during the training.

``In doing so, you must always adhere strictly to the rules of engagement as part of the nation’s overall security architecture.

``You are in the public glare and your conduct must be professional and tailored towards addressing the security situation you may encounter.

``You must adhere to all the rules and regulations, avoid rumour mongering and show concern to situations around you,’’ he said.

Ihejirika reiterated that the welfare of troops remained a priority toward the attainment of his vision for the Nigerian Army.

He said the army had continued to sustain the efforts aimed at rehabilitating the barracks to provide comfortable accommodation for soldiers and their families.

Earlier, the Commandant of the Centre, Maj.-Gen. Sylvester Audu, said the programme was designed to equip the soldiers with the required combat competences and leadership skills.

Audu said the training was designed to task them to the limit of their endurance, improve their knowledge and sharpen their combat techniques and confidence in handling threat situations.

``Your training has given you the required confidence to be capable of operating in all types of environment, under different threat scenarios,’’ he said.

In his remark, Brig.-Gen. Tijani Golau, the Director, Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgencies, said the soldiers were trained in the areas of skill at arms, road-block checking, house-breaking and clearing, search procedures, among others .

He said the 2, 904 soldiers, comprising 1, 869 males and 225 females, started the training on Jan 4. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/47885/2013/02/16/army_trains_2_904_soldiers_counter_terrorism.html

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by ozodimgba(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2013
Gooooooooooood
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by confusion247(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2013
Bad news for boko haram and their northern sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Livas2: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2013
confusion247: Bad news for boko haram and their northern sponsors.
guy 4gt jor...dis na anoda way 4 top generals to steal money

2 Likes

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by toluxa1(m): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
One of the firsts to comment grin
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
Too bad this is what the world has turned into now, A TERRORIST STATE. We just need to be prepared, like the BOY SCOUT

motto.
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Livas2: guy 4gt jor...dis na anoda way 4 top generals to steal money
when would people like you exit this country Always thinking and praying for negative outcomes from every event. Pls repent and embrace the power of postive thinking bcox it is good for your health.don't allow your brain to sour plZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8 Likes

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hope they'll remember that, "Attack is the best form of defense", and not wait for these terrorists to strike firsts.

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
No be only counter terrorism....
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
vanstanzy: Hope they'll remember that, "Attack is the best for of defense", and not wait for. these terrorists to strike firsts.
if you knw d meaning of counter, you woldnt hav tolled this line of reasoning
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by ebamma(m): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
toluxa1: One of the firsts to comment grin
U just won yourself two bombs courtesy of bokoharam Plc come to maiduguri to redeem your prize

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by ami4u(m): 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hope say the training ₪a̶̲̥̅̊ with high tech gadgets too o, ₪ be to jos train them to send them to their graves.not wen ppl lik MEND de say them get capacity to go intl. And them de here de do 'police and thief' training grin
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
chiover: if you knw d meaning of counter, you woldnt hav tolled this line of reasoning

Asking me for an explanation of what i really meant would have been better. undecided undecided
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by daguru(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
Oya send dem go North,osiso

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Temismith(f): 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Now bokoharam's nightmare season 1.
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by ikweremilitant: 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
wat knd of a human beng re u so is a crime to train our sojas re abi.let me catch u cal gej a retrd agan aran oko
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

Asking me for an explanation of what i really meant would have been better. undecided undecided
so sorry plz explain
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Ortarico(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Temismith: Now bokoharam's nightmare season 1.
tell them!
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2013

whether to steal or not, it is a welcome development.
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by ikweremilitant: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
ebamma: U just won yourself two bombs courtesy of bokoharam Plc come to maiduguri to redeem your prize
I will gladly be d delevery officer
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
chiover: so sorry plz explain

Am speaking from a Nigerian point of view, here our normal attitude towards things is "Fire-Brigade approach" which i

feel strongly is very bad. In-other words, we wait till things happen before we initiate action.

I just hope its not gonna be the same with these soldiers. Remember we are talking of life's here, any momentary slip and

we'll start counting casualties in their tens and hundreds.

All the same, its a great gesture, Kudos to the Nigerian Army. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by mafiacent(m): 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Read This on www.ranksng.com this morning, When Boko Haram started, the Nigerian Government wasn't trained on handling Terrorism. I don't blame Jonathan for struggling to contain Boko Haram, Obasanjo and past leaders didn't really put down steps to prevent or arrest terrorism. No Database, No surveillance Cameras, Bomb Detectors, Personnel in Counter Terrorism.
Jonathan was just the easy target for us all to blame.

2 Likes

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by alphaconde(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, I saw the trainees climbling ropes as if terrorist stay on such ropes. Smh
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
Nonesense
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
alpha conde: Yeah, I saw the trainees climbling ropes as if terrorist stay on such ropes. Smh

Appreciate what a wealthy man is doing and he'll do more. Appreciate this gesture na. Does it mean u appreciate how

our people are being killed ceaselessly by terrorists?
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Obiora4life: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
alpha conde: Yeah, I saw the trainees climbling ropes as if terrorist stay on such ropes. Smh

Yeah, if you saw the same action of CIA cadets or officers doing same @ Langley, you would have been "damn they know what they're doing". Apparently this just shows how much intelligence you have, you think it's because of Terrorist staying on ropes? How about you see it as a strength reinforcement training? How about you see it from the Psychological POV? You can NEVER please "SOME" Nigerians.... SMH

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

Am speaking from a Nigerian point of view, here our normal attitude towards things is "Fire-Brigade approach" which i

feel strongly is very bad. In-other words, we wait till things happen before we initiate action.

I just hope its not gonna be the same with these soldiers. Remember we are talking of life's here, any momentary slip and

we'll start counting casualties in their tens and hundreds.

All the same, its a great gesture, Kudos to the Nigerian Army. cheesy cheesy
I understood u sir, in my opinion, I think the army is trying to be proactive here which is one factor that we hav been lacking in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by hollypagan: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
this is work of sss just gather the sponsors and put behide the bars
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by Uziehot(m): 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
Road to embezlement for d generals. Afta d trainning,the soldiers are to b paid #45k at month end as allowance,bt they get 30k,wat is dat? Pls,d trainin is a form of enrichment to d generals.and its not every1 of them dat is entitle for d payment despite d trainning. Na tricks 2 spend justify d amount in d budget.
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by vanstanzy(m): 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
chiover: I understood u sir, in my opinion, I think the army is trying to be proactive here which is one factor that we hav been lacking in Nigeria.

EXACTLY, PRO-ACTIVITY IS WHAT THE ENTIRE NIGERIA NEEDS.
Re: Army Trains 2904 Soldiers On Counter-Terrorism by lacasa: 1:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Na ​ so​!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seaport In The South East / Buhari Stands Straight While Saraki Bends In This Photo / Ekweremadu, Nwobodo, Onuaguluchi, Others Eulogise Ugwuanyi For Uniting Everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.