Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,982 members, 7,803,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake (29455 Views)

List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by ijebabe: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
The extravagant six tier high dessert is one-and-a-half metres tall and is decorated with more than 2000 diamonds - the equivalent of 2046 carats. The cake will be showcased at the National Gay Wedding Show in Liverpool on the 3rd of March before it is served to attendees.

Bespoke jewellers Russell and Case who are based on the aptly named Bling Bling Street in Liverpool collaborated with CAKE in Chester to make the glamorous showpiece.
The wedding cake is estimated to be worth a staggering £32.4m ($52m) which means it is the most expensive in the world.

CAKE owners, Tim and Jules Smith said: 'We jumped at the opportunity to create the world's most expensive wedding cake. 'It is a special cake standing at over a metre and a half tall and covered with diamonds, so they're the proverbial icing on the cake!'
Their creation has beaten the former US record holder by Mimi So Jewellers and cake designer Nahid La Patisserie Artistique which was valued at $20m

The public will be able to view - and taste - the new world record holder at the BT Convention Centre at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on the 3rd March.

Laura Davies, Marketing and Events Manager, said: 'We wanted to do something huge for The National Gay Wedding Show, and this cake really is huge!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2279190/Is-worlds-expensive-wedding-cake-Luxury-gateau-encrusted-2-000-diamonds-worth-whopping-32-MILLION.html#ixzz2LAsRJ1Bj

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Caracta(f): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
wow wow wow wow wow!!!
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Acidosis(m): 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Since we cannot eat Gold & Diamond.. I personally do not see the expensive side of the cake.

You know...all these gayz..alwayz trying to impress people like me who despise their existence on planet earth. grin

Nice try though but acidosis is not impressed grin

40 Likes

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by k2039: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
The only reason it's the most expensive cake is because I'm still single.
My wedding cake will be more expensive than this and I'm certainly sure acidosis will be impressed then.

Like Acidosis said, I'm also not impressed.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
smh...waste of money

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
the bakery in my area can whip up that thing in 3 days...for a cake priced at $20 million, that's one helluva ugly cake...I expected something way more magnificent than that..

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by abiL(f): 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Not impressed undecided

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Emmy9ite(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Am not impressed too. Nice try though.
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by ayobase(m): 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Inflated and exagerrated cake!
I'm out!
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 18, 2013
You know how those gays are... tsk tsk
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by momodub: 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
oya my paddy paddy in niger this cake is for sale bring out una wallet grin
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by FASTLINK1: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
It is expensive because it is said to be. we can still have china do the exact at 1/1000th the price smiley
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by MMM2(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
I don't care, since it is ga y angry
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by iykemanchi(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yeah! Right.. Tell me mor,
Me not impressed too.
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
A cake for gay men grin but gay people rich ooh shocked
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
Wastage,abi them no go chop am.mschweeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
to fink that the world's most expensive wedding cake is gayy labelled sad

doesnt go well for me sad

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by holuwarlay08(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
are we sure dey pay for only the cake@$20m
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
jammyng: A cake for gay men grin but gay people rich ooh shocked

Kai, this dude grin grin grin
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by alphascorpio(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
Errrr.... Are they gonna eat the diamonds? undecided
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
the consumption of diamonds can lead to instant death. this cake is a killer!
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by asog: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Are dey going to eat d diamonds, dis doesn't jst make any sense to me atall undecided
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by mrkels(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Abah, if i give my baker 500k to make this one he would lie on the floor for me , bless me , and do thanksgiving o .

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
The heading should be : The World's most expensive GAY Cake...

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by dasparrow: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Post

I was expecting to see something more extravagant. Besides, diamonds cannot be eaten so what's the point? I know several confectioners that can make that cake for under $10,000. Like others before me have said, I am not impressed.
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Can I be given contract to make a better cake for them at just $25m ?
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by harlos: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
Cake na cake abi all this decoration too are to be eaten.
Anyway when there is money...
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Scarpon(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
me buy £32.4m cake I DEY MAD??
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
RUBISH!!! Soon you guys will come out with world most expesive garri. IJEBU people i hail oh.
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Sweetapple007(f): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
It look like a house.
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
k2039: The only reason it's the most expensive cake is because I'm still single.
My wedding cake will be more expensive than this and I'm certainly sure acidosis will be impressed then.

Like Acidosis said, I'm also not impressed.
dreams don't come to reality many at times #your wedding cake
Re: The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
Buddy - (cake boss), will surely boke a beta and cheaper cake !!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How I Make Yummy Bread Pizza At Home, Better Than Take Out (Photos, Video) / My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.