Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! (44690 Views)

D'banj And Banky W Stylish In Coordinated Black Outfits / Chidinma And Banky W Perform At MTN 10th Anniversary Celebration(photos) / Wizkid And Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunt Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by lafuria1(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2013
but there was never a twitfight na between the two na. was it a sub because i see there is no indication of wizkid replying bankyw ie a twitter mention. na wa for photoshop. bankyw and wizkid didnt tweet those things the op posted. i guess most pple here dont use twitter.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 18, 2013
Banky W made a management blunder and is very unprofessional. A business savvy record label has to have the initiative of renegotiating contract terms for an artiste that has delivered. Banky should have renegotiated Wizkid's contract since his talent essentially bankrolls EME. As an analogy for example, even though Barcelona provided the platform that shot Messi to global stardom, they cannot keep paying him according to the terms of his first contract when he was a teenager. It is patently unfair and a poor business decision. This is exactly what Banky W has done to Wizkid. Especially when Messi (Wizkid)has delivered success and profits for Barca (EME).

There HAS TO BE contract renegotiation that will reflect the contributions of the star involved.Or else he will take his talents elsewhere.It has nothing to do with greed or biting the hands that fed him. It is business sense! Compare what Cristiano Ronaldo or a singer like Tuface made when they first started as professionals to what they command now! What has happened is entirely predictable and anyone of us will do the same if we found ourselves in a position of "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop".

22 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by cold(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2013
If Banky actually wrote that then his rep just dropped a notch.He should have maintained his silence on the issue.At least on twitter.At times like this,silence is golden
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by tatosh: 1:12am On Feb 18, 2013
Very immature of Banky W, he should please move on. He made a lot of money from wizkid while wizkid also got famous so no one can claim victory over the other. Good decision wizkid, go and maximize your potential and pocket all the money, u deserve it!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by coogar: 1:13am On Feb 18, 2013
cold: If Banky actually wrote that then his rep just dropped a notch.He should have maintained his silence on the issue.At least on twitter.At times like this,silence is golden

it seems like you dunno the hubris surrounding this label owners in nigeria. they cannot wait to tell all and sundry they made this and made that. stüpid goats!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by manny4life(m): 1:13am On Feb 18, 2013
Most Nigerians CAN NEVER SPLIT peacefully. This is true from entertainment to business to work place to relationship and marriage etc.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by manny4life(m): 1:16am On Feb 18, 2013
Btw, is this not the same EME entertainment that has been involved in fraudulent/shady concerts in the U.S.? Has the CA case been resolved?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by coogar: 1:20am On Feb 18, 2013
fuckluv: And how does this affect my lifestyle? *goes back to sleep to continue "hussling things" 2mao*

you are as dumb as banky w. who called you in to read this in the first place. you saw the topic before deciding go post - if it does not affect your lifestyle, why make a comment?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by hustla(m): 1:20am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi: THIS STORY IS FALSE, THERE WAS NO TWITTER FIGHT BETWEEN WIZKID AND BANKY W. IT IS PHOTOSHOP.

I JUST SPOKE TO BANKY AND TOLD ME NOTHING HAPPENED.

to dey craze no be small thing o... bros how you dey take manage ya own?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Humans and their mentality.So the boy should keep on licking your as.s all because you made him?The last time i checked on Nigerian music scene the Wizkid was bigger and more relevant.Who even knew Banky W?With all his music that are meant for lazy lover boys seeking for female attention(Gigolo).I also noticed something after the young boy left him he went back into music.Before now he was busy enjoying the royalties from the boy's effort and did'nt deem it fit to work.Now he is feeling it.Welcome to reality man

13 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 18, 2013
You just can't be a slave for ever, abi u want make em(wizzy) grow white hair b4 he leaves eme? grin

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 18, 2013
I don't know what has transpired between them but I want to correct a notion popularly made among Nigerians....

This Phrase...... 'I made you who you are 2day'...

Banky W saw his talent, and wisely harnessed his talent by signing him into the group.... In the process, Banky W's company benefited ( in contracts, label signings, and concerts wizkid generated, etc.). Wizkid also benefited by riding on Banky W's label.... He gained prominence and exposure..

I'm quite sure that the benefit from both parties is mutual, so the ' I made you who you are' phrase can sometimes be harsh...

Loyalty is also a big ask, and no group stays with each other forever... Employers should always be prepared for such eventuality. Life must go on....

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 18, 2013
You just can't be a slave for ever, abi u want make em(wizzy) grow white hair b4 he leaves eme? gringringringringringringrin
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 18, 2013
KidS
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by mithel(m): 1:36am On Feb 18, 2013
THIS STORY IS FALSE angry angry angry

https://twitter.com/BankyW

https://twitter.com/wizkidayo

you could check yourselves,op u be goat
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by searchcorp(m): 1:38am On Feb 18, 2013
"he MISTOOK your loyalty for stupidity" haba! wizkid, it was a mistake nah.... forgive and forget. go back to EME records and give them that ur azonto werewere kiyamusa dance nah, banky W needs you nah, he didnt even deny making the mistake, plus, come to think about it.... he deleted the tweets afterwards.

on a more serious note, i have learnt in life that nobody is irreplacable. (maybe except, donjazzy)

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 18, 2013
coogar:

you are as dumb as banky w. who called you in to read this in the first place. you saw the topic before deciding go post - if it does not affect your lifestyle, why make a comment?
U got a crush on her?! It ain't that serious sir!

manny4life: Btw, is this not the same EME entertainment that has been involved in fraudulent/shady concerts in the U.S.? Has the CA case been resolved?
Gist me! What happened in CA??
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Emmandus(m): 1:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Hey Guys,
I think this could be a publicity stunt as earlier mentioned by~ ,however it's not impossible that it happened,but I want to stress that it's not matured and highly unnecessary that there should be a fight before some one else moves on to create a new label as we have been having in the Nigerian entertainment industry.This is all about intellectual property (IP) and the sky is wide enough for all to soar!
I think somebody here might want o go start a Label too rather than hit the keys all day here smiley
Cheers!
Emmanuel
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by coogar: 1:42am On Feb 18, 2013
Shollypopz:
U got a crush on her?! It ain't that serious sir!

coogar is a pure breed, i am not like you - i just don't crush on any mammal with a breathing apparatus.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by TreasuredGlory: 1:44am On Feb 18, 2013
visionbiafra: One thing is for sure, as certainly as the sun rises from the east and sets in the west, WIZKID'S SHORT STINCT AT THE TOP OF THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY IS OVER!
You are not his God; so you don't have the final say. If God says "YES", Nobody can say "No".
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 18, 2013
coogar:

coogar is a pure breed, i am not like you - i just don't crush on any mammal with a breathing apparatus.
Sure, u don't!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 18, 2013
DnigerianPrince: Only a matter of time before the kid's talent or no talent will start showing and banky would have discovered another artist, ask kennis music how they're still able to stay relevant after all these years.

Either ways, artists will come and go but producers/promoters will stay

Now on, only his talent or lack of it will dictate which way he ends up
And who told u kennis is relivant in the music industry?With their drug infested artists,my broda all wizzy asked was 30-70 banky takes 30% and him 70% mind u he pays his manager 10% and d lady that introduced him to banky collects 50% of his share.Previously it was 50-50,wizzy pays d lady dat hooked him wit banky 25 and he is left wit 25 his manager takes 10 and he is left wit 15 for all d songs and tyme.15% for all his endorsement,""my brother no be beccause i wan chop ground nut i go chop goat shit""

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by YorubaOmoge: 1:56am On Feb 18, 2013
Yawn @ social media fight

Banky baby, you so foineee
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by coogar: 1:57am On Feb 18, 2013
obakovich:
And who told u kennis is relivant in the music industry?With their drug infested artists,my broda all wizzy asked was 30-70 banky takes 30% and him 70% mind u he pays his manager 10% and d lady that introduced him to banky collects 50% of his share.Previously it was 50-50,wizzy pays d lady dat hooked him wit banky 25 and he is left wit 25 his manager takes 10 and he is left wit 15 for all d songs and tyme.15% for all his endorsement,""my brother no be beccause i wan chop ground nut i go chop goat shit""

how do you know this? wizkid takes 70, banky takes 30? how is that possible? it would be the other way round, bro. label owners take more than their artistes.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by defbond1: 1:58am On Feb 18, 2013
People don't fight on twitter!!!
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 18, 2013
kalokalo: Banky W made a management blunder and is very unprofessional. A business savvy record label has to have the initiative of renegotiating contract terms for an artiste that has delivered. Banky should have renegotiated Wizkid's contract since his talent essentially bankrolls EME. As an analogy for example, even though Barcelona provided the platform that shot Messi to global stardom, they cannot keep paying him according to the terms of his first contract when he was a teenager. It is patently unfair and a poor business decision. This is exactly what Banky W has done to Wizkid. Especially when Messi (Wizkid)has delivered success and profits for Barca (EME).

There HAS TO BE contract renegotiation that will reflect the contributions of the star involved.Or else he will take his talents elsewhere.It has nothing to do with greed or biting the hands that fed him. It is business sense! Compare what Cristiano Ronaldo or a singer like Tuface made when they first started as professionals to what they command now! What has happened is entirely predictable and anyone of us will do the same if we found ourselves in a position of "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop".
Q.E.D[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by dealordea(m): 2:05am On Feb 18, 2013
Me: Mr. Banky, what could have caused your rant with wizzy on twitter?
Mr: Banky, don't mind the yeye surulere boy, I told him I want 70% cut from the last concert we both did.

Me turn to wizzy:
Me: Wizzy, why all the rant my guy?
Mr: Wizzy, mtcheew, you want to know the secret, he was toasting my boo on BBM...

Me: Aaaaah oga banky, why you con do that now...

Mr: Banky, No bi me, na our village spiritualist cause am, he said if I fit give the girl belly, he go born me another wizzy.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by famo419: 2:07am On Feb 18, 2013
Banky w So because u made him who he is today, he should be ur slave..? Kuku cut hin head put inside ur closet so he go dey vomit money off you.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by free2ryhme: 2:39am On Feb 18, 2013
gordons saw this coming ... His prophecy came to pass
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Deiok(m): 2:40am On Feb 18, 2013
HmmM have it comes to this estent?!!! They better keep their raunting mouth before anything get worst oooh.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by free2ryhme: 2:42am On Feb 18, 2013
issues like these make it difficult for young Nigerian artiste to get signed-on or sponsored by record labels or people who might believe in them ... seriously cant there be an iota of trust these days .... I no even trust seun sef ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ali Baba Challenges Anthony Joshua, As He Shows Off His Bare Chest / Lucy Celebrates As Nengi Gifts Her Cash In Six Digits To Support Her Business / Rita Edochie Shares Heavy Makeup Picture - Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.