Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:56 AM

Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital (37172 Views)

Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital / Patience Jonathan Back In Abuja From German Hospital (pix) / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by horlatunde(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
First Lady, Patience Jonathan, on Sunday opened up on her controversial medical trip last year, admitting for the first time she ailed terribly and was close to dying.

Mrs. Jonathan, who spoke at a special thanksgiving service at the Aso Rock Chapel where the first family worships, said she underwent multiple surgical operations and at some point her doctors lost hope after she “passed out for more than a week.”

“It was not an easy experience for me,” Mrs. Jonathan told the congregation which included senior government officials. “I actually died. I passed out for more than a week. My intestine and tummy were opened.”

“I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost. It was God himself in His infinite mercy that said I will return to Nigeria. God woke me up after seven days,” she narrated.

Mrs. Jonathan’s remarks at the church service, was the first time the presidency would admit the First Lady was seriously sick as widely speculated in 2012.

Mrs. Jonathan was on admission at the Horst Schmidt Klinik in Germany for an undisclosed ailment although multiple reports suggested she was treated for lungs and abdominal problems.

While the news circulated, the presidency ensured an anxious public remained in the dark about her condition, repeatedly insisting Mrs. Jonathan traveled for a “deserved rest”.

The thanksgiving service was delayed for two months, after the initial schedule was moved due to the helicopter crash deaths of former governor of Kaduna state, Patrick Yakowa, and the former National Security Adviser, Owoeye Azazi.

President Goodluck Jonathan, ministers and top government functionaries attended the event on Sunday.

During a stirring session, the First Lady narrated how she went through “hell” while in hospital and said she has dedicated her life to serving the needy.

“It is the Lord’s doing that I returned alive,” she said. “When God says yes, nobody can say no. People are always afraid of operation (surgery). But in my own case, while my travail lasted, I was begging for it after the third operation because I was going to the theatre every day. It was God who saw me through. I did eight or nine operations within one month.”

While she lay dying in Germany, friends and associates who hoped she will not be making it back to Nigeria with life, scrambled for her properties, selling those they could,” Mrs. Jonathan said.

She accused some of those she trusted of leaking information to the public that she had passed on.

“I know that some people somehow leaked the information that I was dead. They are people that I trust and rely on. To them, I was dead and I would never return to the country alive,” she said. “Some of them even sold my things off. “I won’t say everything here.”

She said she believed she had not completed her assignment on earth, which was why God spared her.

“It was not an easy one. The day I came back, I said God I have nothing to say, I offer myself to you. I will be doing things that will touch the lives of the less privilege. God gave me a second chance because I reached there. He knew I had not completed the assignments He gave me that was why I was sent back,” the First Lady said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/120692-i-died-for-seven-days-friends-sold-my-properties-hoping-i-wont-return-patience-jonathan.html

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by takedat(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
Thank God for your life, Dame P! Sahara Reporters vindicated at last! Shame on the fatuous oafs parading themselves as media advisers!

37 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by CyberG: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
You see what N 1 Billion food can do to your intestine and stomach now? Yet, this year is no different with another N 4 B budgeted for a a phoney first lady mission house. Be careful, hope that will not be the end of you. If you had been in any hospitals built by your government in Nigeria and supplied with power by your PHCN, you would have long been dead. Hope your retardeen husband actually does something before he is removed from that position!

71 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
“It was not an easy experience for me,” Mrs. Jonathan told the congregation which included senior government officials. “I actually died. I passed out for more than a week. My intestine and tummy were opened.”
“I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost. It was God himself in His infinite mercy that said I will return to Nigeria. God woke me up after seven days,” she narrated.

My condolences for the untimely death Madam.

Now that you have been afforded a second chance in life, though, please advise Oga to start packing his bags in readiness for a 2015 exit - you could use a prolonged period of respite.

All will be well in due course grin

14 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by ifeegee(f): 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
Thank God u made it back alive.Ma,in the spirit of the moment,pls help tell our amiable presido,ur hubby to provide atleast one good hospital for those of us who can't afford to go to Germany,India etc for medical treatment.....Thank u in advance for passing on this msg.

14 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by gramci: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
Thank God for her life.

I still don't understand why public officials take delight in lying blatantly. Is it too difficult to acknowledge that their principal is sick? A dishonest person isn't fit to occupy any public office.

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by takedat(m): 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Madam First lady, why should your friends and associates be holding your properties in trust for you, not to talk of their plans to dispose them off without your consent and hoping that you've embarked on a journey of no return? Does it mean you acquired those properties through proxy,mostly cronies? A foul stench of corruption hung in the air!

76 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by gramci: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
take dat: Madam First lady, why should your friends and associate be holding your properties in trust for you, not to talk of their plans to dispose them without your consent? Does it mean you are acquired these properties through proxy? The stench of corruption hung in the air!

You go fear confession na cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Tolexander: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
Patient Jonathan! You shall not die but live. Even if you die, i promise you that your womanhood will still live on.
I have once said it that because Chime Sulivan and Patient Jonathan came back alive, that is the reason we couldn't know the magnitude of their sickness. Had Umar Yaradua come back alive, they would still be faking us he also went for a minor treatment oversea.
Apart from not trusting our medical personnels and hospitals, their motive of going abroad for treatment is to keep their health status a secret from the nigerian populace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
did the german doctors pronounced her dead only for her to wake up (resurrect) after seven days, or did the place her on a clinically induced coma seeing that her stomach and intestine and stuff were open and exposed to the elements, thereby affording her time to stabilise and wake up? seems Nigerians like dying and waking up sha.

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by seanet01: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
take dat: Thank God for your life, Dame P! Sahara Reporters vindicated at last! Shame on the fatuous oafs parading themselves as media advisers!
Insincere Nigerian, Wesley, Proud-ibos and a hell of laptop crew all denied she was ill, now she has spoken.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
When you dey chop N1 billion food inside one belle, why the belle nor go burst?

Hope you have learnt ur lesson dame pashea cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
CyberG: You see what N 1 Billion food can do to your intestine and stomach now? Yet, this year is no different with another N 4 B budgeted for a a phoney first lady mission house. Be careful, hope that will not be the end of you. If you had been in any hospitals built by your government in Nigeria and supplied with power by your PHCN, you would have long been dead. Hope your retardeen husband actually does something before he is removed from that position!
pDude: When you dey chop N1 billion food inside one belle, why the belle nor go burst?

Hope you have learnt ur lesson dame pashea cheesy

You monkeys should learn to talk sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
S@NNiE:
did the german doctors pronounced her dead only for her to wake up (resurrect) after seven days, or did the place her on a clinically induced coma seeing that her stomach and intestine and stuff were open and exposed to the elements, thereby affording her time to stabilise and wake up? seems Nigerians like dying and waking up sha.

Madam mentioned a biblical death, drawing on the experience of Lazarus, and yet here you ask asking if an autopsy was conducted?

Too much book no good grin
Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by odumchi: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
This goes to show you how worthless earthly possessions truly are. What good would all of her riches have done her, as she danced on the boundary of death? Hopefully, this experience would've taught her a powerful and certainly unforgettable lesson.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by GARRIx7(m): 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
take dat: Madam First lady, why should your friends and associate be holding your properties in trust for you, not to talk of their plans to dispose them off without your consent and hoping that you've embarked on a journey of no return? Does it mean you acquired those properties through proxy? A foul stench of corruption hung in the air!

Thank you my brother!!

Her confession needs no interpretation. She has obviously acquired a lot through friends and cronies!!

she said. “Some of them even sold my things off. “I won’t say everything here.”

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by redsun(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dogs eat the remains of the wicked and horror pepertually visits the wicked,no escape.Anybody that steals the public fund and put millions at stake must always face the wraths of gods and it comes in different forms.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by odumchi: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Abagworo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
take dat: Thank God for your life, Dame P! Sahara Reporters vindicated at last! Shame on the fatuous oafs parading themselves as media advisers!

What are they vindicated from? They are fund of making ridicule of sick and dying people. Nobody is superhuman and we must all fall sick and die.
Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by redsun(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
Thieves give lectures in nigeria and supposse rational humans listens to them.Just picture a scenero where a convicted armed is seen as honorable and exemplary

Thief na thief.It doesnt matter whether the thief is pick pocket,burglar,armed robber,pen and authority robbers like the gejs'.They should all be treated the same.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Moral of d story;
Sell everything u dnt need and return to d coffers of d govt.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Why are you congratulating her when hundreds if not thousands of Nigerians die annually of petty illnesses such as Malaria. Abeg stop being an AzzZzzz kiseer when we all know her husband has failed us all.
Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by 1forall: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
When Sahara Reporters broke the news back then people labelled them as carriers of bad news when they were actually the only ones reporting the truth.

But I don't get it, is it that she didn't realize that by saying this in public she has openly admitted that she lied when she came back from Germany? And that the Aso Rock media team of Abati/Okupe and their messengers are all just a group of liars?

Why do we still let these people get away with dishonesty and lies?

take dat: Madam First lady, why should your friends and associate be holding your properties in trust for you, not to talk of their plans to dispose them off without your consent and hoping that you've embarked on a journey of no return? Does it mean you acquired those properties through proxy? A foul stench of corruption hung in the air!

Good critique there - of course, but I bet she also didn't realize she was indirectly saying so. What an absolutely tactless presidency! And when people call their oga a retardeen some go dey holler say na insult even though its just an apt description.

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by GARRIx7(m): 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Abagworo:

What are they vindicated from? They are fund of making ridicule of sick and dying people. Nobody is superhuman and we must all fall sick and die.

Its fond not "fund"!!

Mr Man, nobody made fun of her, SR only told us she was sick and receiving treatment abroad(this information was gotten from sources), and thankfully, she agreed that some of her close associated leaked her secrets.

She accused some of those she trusted of
leaking information to the public that
she had passed on.
“I know that some people somehow
leaked the information that I was dead

Where they not the ones that told us she was sick, while GEJ's gang of liars said she was resting??

But for SR would anyone have known she was sick??

Does her description of what she sent through (surgery, coma etc) not show that he case was a serious one as reported by SR??

Where was NTA and the other media outfits when SR was carrying out their investigation??

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by fkaz(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
“Some of them even sold my things off.

Those are sharp men, no time grin grin

[size=18pt]up sahara reporter [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
1forall:
Of course, but I bet she also didn't realize she was indirectly saying so. What an absolutely tactless presidency, and when people call their oga a retardeen some go dey holler say na insult even
though its just an apt decription

Madam's objective when she made that statement was solely to impart pearls of wisdom; that some friends cannot be trusted.

If you think for a second that she gives a rat's arse# about inferences the likes of @take dat, iforall, GARRI (x7), CyberG and other notable critics are likely to make, you are confusing her for someone who actually gives a damn.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by plendil: 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Thank God for your life!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by takedat(m): 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Madam's objective when she made that statement was solely to impart pearls of wisdom; that some friends cannot be trusted.

If you think for a second that she gives a rat's arse# about inferences the likes of @take dat, iforall, GARRI (x7), CyberG and other notable critics are likely to make, you are confusing her for someone who actually gives a damn.
Touche! She doesn't give a damn truly! Two peas in a pod, PEJ and GEJ!
Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Ilekokonit: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
While she lay dying in Germany, friends and associates who hoped she will not be making it back to Nigeria with life, scrambled for her properties, selling those they could,” Mrs. Jonathan said.

If the properties were in Mrs Jonathan's name, her friends would not be able to sell them. Meaning that Mrs Jonathan put the said properties in her friends name(s) for a reason.She did not want the properties in her name because they are proceeds of crime and she needed her friends to launder the properties as fronts. But the seriously corrupt Nigerian press will not pick her up on this glaring confession of a criminally minded first lady.

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by Freiburger(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Died on a business trip? undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by vanstanzy(m): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Funny o. grin grin grin grin So that was what Dame was yapping about,i just saw Dame on live TV today. Hmmm, i wonder what

all the invited VIPs' will be thinking hearing this CO*CK and BU*LL story of her death and resurrection. grin grin grin So

that was what made a priest amongst the guests to fall asleep.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan 'Died' For 7 Days In German Hospital by corazoni: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Patience Jonathan "Died" for seven days. WTF please op or mods get education pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Visits Agbaji After Attack / Ambode, Fayose, Argebesola And Ajimobi At Western Nigerian Governors’ Forum / El-rufai: I Am Not Interested In Tinubu's Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.