Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector (804 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure Of A Personal Assistant To A CEO? / I Need Advice On The Best Way To Get Into The Downstream Sector Of The Oil&gas / What Is The Salary For Social Workers In Nigeria. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I just got an email from the MD of an indigenous oil marketing company for a chat about the prospects of my working with them either in business development or marketing.
I have done my own investigations about the company and I know they basically market diesel,AGO an PMS and have their target customers and business is good.
I just need help with information about salaries and emolument in this sector. Is it lucrative? I presently work in a consulting firm as a executive and I want a new career challenge but I need to be sure the pay is right. Don't want to be sell myself short when the money issue arises as it always does in such interviews/chats.
I just need information from any one in the house who knows for sure.Even if its a ball pack figure.
Re: What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2013
Entry level: 2.5 - 4m per annum

2-3 years experience: 3 - 5m per annum
Re: What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
Thanks a lot. Just one more question. Is this quoted pay range for execs in marketing and/or business development or is this the uniform salary scale in the industry?.
Jarus: Entry level: 2.5 - 4m per annum

2-3 years experience: 3 - 5m per annum
Re: What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yes. It is almost unform for all departments, but those in marketing may have additional perks like function car (to aid their movement, supervising stations etc) and few other allowances, but it is hardly more than the upper limit of the quoted range.
Re: What's The Salary Like For An Exe Who Wants To Work In The Downstream Sector by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
You've been most helpful Jarus. With this and other information I have in my arsenal, I should be in a better position to negotiate. Gracias Amigo
Jarus: Yes. It is almost unform for all departments, but those in marketing may have additional perks like function car (to aid their movement, supervising stations etc) and few other allowances, but it is hardly more than the upper limit of the quoted range.

(1) (Reply)

Certification On Many Courses / Please Is It Possible To Change Over To Medicine From Radiography After 200L / Oil And Gas Training (cad, Pdms, P&id, Autoplant, Hysys) In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.