Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False (3512 Views)

Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Jonathan Made An Occultic Agreement To Impoverish Nigerians ,true Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by lovethokoh: 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
i have been arguing lately with my friends about this topic, and i believed that the southerners are richer, until one of us came out with a vital data about the wealth of the Northerners.

1 The police pension DG is worth N23b Nigeria

2 Alhaji Abdulrashid Maina is worth N88b

3 IBB is worth over $2billion

4 Abacha is worth over $3Billion

5 Dangote is worth over $12b as the Richest African

4 Ishaiku Rabiu and sons are worth over $5b

6 Dantata is worth over $1b

The most critical of the data goes this way

7 the North has more LGA's infact Kano alone has 44 LGA's and so the North Receives more Allocation for development

8 The North Has more people in the federal civil service and so they earn more salaries

9 The North has more Men in Army,Navy,Airforce,Police, Immigration,customs and Other Federal parastatals due to quota system and so earn more salary.

10 They have more senators and House of Reps and therefore Get more constituency Money,Bribery etc

11 they have more politicians and so more money for them...

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Bigflamie(m): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
And even in the almighty NNPC, the abokis are totally dominating.
These crooks has for long held this country hostage.
There is urgent need for balance and it has already started.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor"

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Itoroetti(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
I never knew dis oooo.can u imagine dis?yet d complain about marginalisation when the have more federal presence than others.
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Nuzo1(m): 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
For a second, let's forget about the stolen money and talk about the "supposedly" legit money.

The answer is yes. Within the military juntas of Buhari, IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalam; Nigeria's oil blocks were massively allotted to northerners.

However, it should be noted that the allottee were less than 1 percent of the entire poor north.

So, the answer is; technically yes!

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Nuzo1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
lovethokoh:

Are you trying to say that Abdulsalam of yesterday is worth more than IBB and Abacha put together?

Are you a learner? grin
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bigflamie: And even in the almighty NNPC the abokis are totally dominating.
These crooks has for long held this country hostage.
There is urgent need for balance and it has already started.

^^^Since they've been in control of the federal purse for the greater part of our life as a country......in a country where the federal gov't holds the knife and the yam as it were; and since they've mostly had this control under military regime when they could pretty much steal and do as they liked (with the cowered south waiting for the crumbs they deign to throw down from the high table)......when you consider all this, then it should come as no surprise that the core north has the richest individuals in the whole of Africa (never mind just Nigeria), and that there's a higher percentage of core northerners, vis-a-vis other regions/ethnicities that are enjoying this 'one Nigeria' in the name of public/civil service and politics......and arising from this, it would come as no surprise that the highest number of thieving elite are from there.

I'm not interested in some fleeting balancing act as we're not in the circus......someone from up there (or their cronies) could one day easily dismantle everything and restore the status-quo by stealth; rather what i'm interested in is the complete overhaul of the political structure of this country so no region or group of people are held hostage by anyone else......alternatively, we dissolve this fake union cobbled and held together just to service the greed and avarice of a corrupt, lazy and wicked few.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by lacasa: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2013
a thread filled with speculative figures angry

Only f.ools will believe dat list n tell me where people like:

Mko Abiola

Ibori

Odili

OBJ

The Briggs

The Ibrus

The petersides

Uzor kalu

Alameiseigha

Tomplolo

Etc etc, fall in ?

Oga Op, beta get a life or work to do,

Infact, this op is just seeking cheeap popularity by stroking tribal embers
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by IB5(f): 2:33am On Feb 18, 2013
but they still produce the poorest of the poor lipsrsealed
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by shedraq1: 7:42am On Feb 18, 2013
lacasa: a thread filled with speculative figures angry

Only f.ools will believe dat list n tell me where people like:

Mko Abiola

Ibori

Odili

OBJ

The Briggs

The Ibrus

The petersides

Uzor kalu

Alameiseigha

Tomplolo

Etc etc, fall in ?

Oga Op, beta get a life or work to do,

Infact, this op is just seeking cheeap popularity by stroking tribal embers

All these people you mentioned are eating crumbs , the IBRUs, Uzo kalu, The briggs were never in Govt

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by ektbear: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2013
a few wealthy individuals does not make a population wealthy on average.

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2013
Are we comparing the average northerner with the average southerner or the northern elite with the southern elite?

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by ZACHIE: 8:43am On Feb 18, 2013
olowo kan laarin otosi one million, otosi niiiii
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by yyb14: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2013
HNosegbe: Are we comparing the average northerner with the average southerner or the northern elite with the southern elite?
good question.
op oya ova 2 u
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by shedraq1: 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
when they have all the lucrative federal positions in Govt and military why couldn't they empower their masses instead they were looting into their pockets.

As far as i am concerned wether on the average or on the elite status, the Northerners are still richer than the southerners

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

7 the North has more LGA's infact Kano alone has 44 LGA's and so the North Receives more Allocation for development

8 The North Has more people in the federal civil service and so they earn more salaries

9 The North has more Men in Army,Navy,Airforce,Police, Immigration,customs and Other Federal parastatals due to quota system and so earn more salary.

10 They have more senators and House of Reps and therefore Get more constituency Money,Bribery etc

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

3 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by lovethokoh: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
i forgot Theophilus Danjuma and Alhaji Mai Deribe

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by lovethokoh: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2013
Northerners owe 83% of the oil blocs in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/1217365/northerners-own-80-oil-blocks#14639745

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by badassnigga(m): 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
gud cool
our wealth is due to our labor.
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Ngwakwe: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is all about Culture.

It takes one rich Igbo man from a family to upgrade the other members. Not that we have much but it's a must to share, if your are to be respected and regarded in the community.

It is a duty and obligation and not a charity to settle your siblings and kins as soon as your join the Rich list.

If I travel to USA tomorrow and presumably found out there is good opportunity for success. My next point of call is to lift my family and kins to join me.

Voila, Bye bye to poverty.
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by diamondcrownltd(f): 8:25pm On May 12, 2013
lovethokoh: i have been arguing lately with my friends about this topic, and i believed that the southerners are richer, until one of us came out with a vital data about the wealth of the Northerners.

https://www.nairaland.com/1288174/saw-facebook-decided-share-it

Elrufai u r a shame to ur generation. Dis is enuf of u n ur cohorts. All u r interested is just making negative publications abt our fatherland simply cos u n ur cohorts r nt in power. Mind u, ur blood will also be spilled along ur genration to atone for d sins u hv committed. Ombatse Allah.

1.Vice President =North.
2. Senate President = North.
3. Speaker House of Reps = North.
4. PDP National Chairman= North.
5. Head of Service = North.

6. INEC Chairman = North.
7. Inspector General of Police = North.
8. CBN Governor = North.
9. Chief Justice of federation = North.
10. President Court of Appeal = North.

11. EFCC Chairman = North.
12. President Federal high court = North.
13. National Security Adviser = North.
14. Chief of Defense Staff = North.
15. Controller, Customs Service = North.

16. Controller Prison Services = North.
17. Richest man in Africa= North.
18. 85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria = Northerners.
19. 80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria = Northerners.
20. 99% of beggars in Nigeria = Northerners

21. Boko Haram = North.
22. Almajiri = North.
23. Yet, the Poorest states in Nigeria and Educationally backward areas in Nigeria are in the North.
8 former heads of state(TafawaBal ewa, Yakubu Gowon, Murtala Muhammed,
Shehu Shagari, Buhari, IBB, SaniAbacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar) = North.

Now ASK yourself why is there no improvement in the average lives of Nigerians in the Boko Haram zones?

The elites(elrufai, tanko yankassai, buhari, rahamaniya, bello, tukur, and host of others are becoming richer and the common man poorer,yet the
North(elrufai, buhari n few money n greed southerners asiwere bola ahmed n rotimi fasakin blame GEJ for their backwardness,yo u,be the judge...do we need any soother or fortune teller to see this
loot-sidedness? What else do they want from Nigeria? These born to rule believers held power for 3 gud decades n they can't account 4 anytin yet u sit there n join them in blaming GEJ. My fellow youths time has come for us all to readjust and face our fears. Let's serve God not religion, let's lead n nt politicise, let's liberate our ppl after all both d rich n poor will still occupy only a room six feet down.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Worldlife: 9:49pm On May 12, 2013
Jobless hater!
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by joyceok: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Worldlife: Jobless hater!

Write something meaningful
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hear the words dem dey take deceive the people:
1. Misappropriation,
2. Maladministration
3. Defraudment
4. Litigation

make I remember another one wey dem dey use:

5. Mismanagement
6. Vilificafion
7. Embezzlement
8. Nepotism.
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Emessy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mumu stop spewing trash ,
Re: Are The Northerners Richer Than All Other Nigerians? True Or False by Emerson195: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
shedraq1:

All these people you mentioned are eating crumbs , the IBRUs, Uzo kalu, The briggs were never in Govt
the guys he mentioned are not even super wealthy. only one northerner's wealth Trump's their combined wealth. which Briggs is he even talking about! Lulu Briggs? is he not the same person that only got rich because IBB allocated blocks to him, and off course IBB has a certain percentage accruing to him from the proceeds of the blocks. abeg na north get Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Shielding A Police Officer From Rain With A Broken Umbrella / What's The Meaning Of Afonja / Before Biafra Comes, Igbos Have To Leave Lagos And Other Parts Of Nigeria Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.