Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

Whom Would You Rather Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whom Would You Rather Marry? (2216 Views)

Would You Rather Marry A Business Man Or Career Man / Would You Rather Marry A Virgin Or A Non-virgin? / Will You Rather Marry Someone From Thesame Denomination As You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whom Would You Rather Marry? by maclatunji: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2013
The person that loves you more or the person you love more if the 2 people are at par in terms of everything else.

Note: The fondness is there for both of them on your part, only that the degree varies as stated above.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by sammynaijaguy(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2013
i rather marry who am crazy in love with than marry the one who loves me cos when you love some one you can tolerate their excesses , and marraige ais not all about love at least love should be the least smiley
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2013
The person I love more. cool
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 18, 2013
It would be the person I love more.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2013
At hanky-panky stage, my partner (now wife) loved me more. I was always in and out of that relationship. She cared more for me than I did for her, probably because I had a couple fo other options then. In fact, it was one of the main reasons I settled for her (she too liked me). But now, I would say it's at par. I love her to bits and she still does too.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Oga Jarus, long tym o. Eku ijo meta.

@ topic,

U said everythn is at par, I will go with d one I'm crazy about then. Why would I choose d other person since they are both on the same level?

1 Like

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2013
Wait o...

They both love me, but one loves me more...hmmm...in that case, I may go with the one that loves me more and since I'm fond of him, I believe the love will grow (with the right personality sha)

I can't be at anyone's mercy loving them more. I will rather prefer we love eachother equally.

Btw, I hope dat loving more doesn't mean that one is more expressive than the other cos we tend to misinterprete what true love is. I would prefer a man with emotional stability over a love puppet anytym any day.

1 Like

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 18, 2013
Always marry the one you love who appreciates it and treats you well. To experience life fully is for the brave.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Sijo01(f): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2013
...will go for the one that loves me more, because his love will bring out the best in me.

2 Likes

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by maclatunji: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2013
Tgirl4real: Wait o...

They both love me, but one loves me more...hmmm...in that case, I may go with the one that loves me more and since I'm fond of him, I believe the love will grow (with the right personality sha)

I can't be at anyone's mercy loving them more. I will rather prefer we love eachother equally.

Btw, I hope dat loving more doesn't mean that one is more expressive than the other cos we tend to misinterprete what true love is. I would prefer a man with emotional stability over a love puppet anytym any day.

Na wa O Madam, see how you choose both options but I think the first answer was based on impulse, the second on reflection.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2013
Women shld marry whom they are crazy abt(dat loves dem back) while men shld marry d women dat are crazy abt dem.
When a man is d one giving all the love in a relationship, it makes a sissy out of him(am nt saying he shldnt love).
Love is a delicate matter dat involves a lot of emotions ,best suited for women and misunderstood by men. Most men think love is;provision and protection but women think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by greatgod2012(f): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2013
I went for someone who loved me more than i do, he was just too crazy about me, as a result, he was able to overlook my inadequacies which made me to went for him, but as tlme goes on......you know...one good turn deserve another......d love we now have for each other is now at par; even though, i still think he seems to still love me more, while he also claim that i love him more than he does.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 18, 2013
Tgirl4real: Oga Jarus, long tym o. Eku ijo meta.

ojo kan pelu. how every
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2013
maclatunji:

Na wa O Madam, see how you choose both options but I think the first answer was based on impulse, the second on reflection.

Yes o...u got me there. My first response was on impulse cos I have been in a situation where I dated someone dat loved me more...I thot d love would grow, but it didn't. I had to break it.

But on reflection, d situation u presented is slightly different.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by maclatunji: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2013
Really interesting responses so far. I particularly find this interesting:

utumunta: Women shld marry whom they are crazy abt(dat loves dem back) while men shld marry d women dat are crazy abt dem.
When a man is d one giving all the love in a relationship, it makes a sissy out of him(am nt saying he shldnt love).
Love is a delicate matter dat involves a lot of emotions ,best suited for women and misunderstood by men. Most men think love is;provision and protection but women think otherwise.

Can explain what you mean by the bolded? Thank you.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2013
Jarus:

ojo kan pelu. how every

Every every day o jare. We miss u on d other side. cheesy
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Popowaa: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
I ll marry sm1 who is crazy abt me
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Mynd44: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
How does one measure love?
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Seun(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
My answer to your question is "none of the above". I would avoid a one-sided relationship where one person obviously loves the other much more. I think such a relationship is unfair to the person who is loved less, regardless of whether that person is me or my partner. I would wait for someone who loves me approximately as much as I love her, and whose long term goals are compatible with and complement mine. It's selfish to go into a marriage knowing that you don't love your spouse as much as he/she loves you. And it's foolish to go into marriage knowing that your partner doesn't love you as much as you love him/her. I think an unbalanced marriage is bound to be unhappy.

Note: A person who loves you more today may love you less tomorrow. You may love a person you love more today less tomorrow. Let's keep that in mind!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by jmoore(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mynd_44: How does one measure love?
Lovemeter. cheesy

Love is love, it is either you have it or you don't

If I love someone I don't care if she loves me less or not, let her just say yes to my proposal and let the marriage begin.

1 Like

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
Seun: My answer to your question is "none of the above". I would avoid a one-sided relationship where one person obviously loves the other much more. I think such a relationship is unfair to the person who is loved less, regardless of whether that person is me or my partner. I would wait for someone who loves me approximately as much as I love her, and whose long term goals are compatible with and complement mine. It's selfish to go into a marriage knowing that you don't love your spouse as much as he/she loves you. And it's foolish to go into marriage knowing that your partner doesn't love you as much as you love him/her. I think an unbalanced marriage is bound to be unhappy.

Note: A person who loves you more today may love you less tomorrow. You may love a person you love more today less tomorrow. Let's keep that in mind!

How realistic are these points? Let me ask you a question- do parents love their children equally? I believe that "approximate love" is actually more likely to be achieved within marriage not before it. However, I do agree that there are times when it is difficult to measure who loves the other more. The problem is with the measurement, not that equilibrium exists between the levels of love.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
The problem is with the measurement
I think that if the difference in the "love level" is obvious, then it's not going to work. If it's difficult to measure it, then it's not obvious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by 190: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
None undecided
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by lonely2205: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]...will go for the one that loves me more, because his love will bring out the best in me.

U are very right. If you are in love with someone and he or she doest not reciprocate that love, dt means u pple must surely have problems. But it better if you marry someone dt love you most. Then u are at the best position to decide whether to return the love or not
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by luvmijeje(f): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
If I have to choose and it's a big if then I'm choosing some1 I love more.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
I completely agree with Seun on this issue. I will rather go for a woman where the difference in affections is so little as to be inconspicuous.

However, for the sake of argument, if these are the two only women available and I necessarily have to choose one, then I will still go for the one whose affection is close to mine; so it could be either one. Still, if woman A's affection for me greatly outweighs mine and mine's greatly outweighs woman B, then I will choose woman A. I have been in a relationship where I loved someone way more than they love, believe me brothers and sisters, you don't want to experience that.
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by cindyrella(f): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
I will go for someone that loves me more!
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by greedie1(f): 10:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
someone that loves me more
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Joliecoco: 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
The person who loves me more
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 19, 2013
^^^
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Seun: My answer to your question is "none of the above". I would avoid a one-sided relationship where one person obviously loves the other much more. I think such a relationship is unfair to the person who is loved less, regardless of whether that person is me or my partner. I would wait for someone who loves me approximately as much as I love her, and whose long term goals are compatible with and complement mine. It's selfish to go into a marriage knowing that you don't love your spouse as much as he/she loves you. And it's foolish to go into marriage knowing that your partner doesn't love you as much as you love him/her. I think an unbalanced marriage is bound to be unhappy.

Well Seun is single and searching,so NL ladies,you are free to apply ! cool kiss
Re: Whom Would You Rather Marry? by dagr8(m): 7:04am On Feb 19, 2013
The best option is "none of d above" like Seun has rightly said...I believe one of d the party could get frustrated if he/she is d one showing more of d love...one of d party is been "cheated"

the second best option is to go for someone who loves me more...i bet u don't want to be d one doing more of the love especially if u are the guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies... / Do People Think I'm Gay Because I've Never Been In A Relationship? / The Fear Of Casting ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.