Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? (1979 Views)

Is It Wrong To Love Someone Cos They're a Look Alike Of Som1 U Once Loved! / Is It Right 2 Have Sex With A Married Woman?? / Yesterday I Got A Message From A Friend And I Quote "hv U Eva Thot Of Som1 & U Try 2 Flashb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2013
Is it right to accept a marriage proposal of someone u dont like? Especialy when d reason 4 d dislike is not known.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Beync(f): 11:46am On Feb 18, 2013
why should you in the name of marriage?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2013
It's NOT Advisable.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Sijo01(f): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Such marriage's gonna be miserable.

To answer your question directly. Its NOT right!
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Nnekacherry: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hian
See question..
How are you going to live with somebody you don't feel anything for??
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by lorenzos1: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
There is only one way to find out..see question ooh
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Popowaa: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
U ll only worry urself and de man
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 11:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
lorenzos1: There is only one way to find out..see question ooh
pls wats d way?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Tnx 2 u all 4 ur wise responses. I also think that its not right but some peopl are convincin me that likeness/love can develop after d knot is tied.. Pls how true is that?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by KateSpade(f): 1:49am On Feb 19, 2013
chichi254: Tnx 2 u all 4 ur wise responses. I also think that its not right but some peopl are convincin me that likeness/love can develop after d knot is tied.. Pls how true is that?

then let them go and marry that person. you have to figure out what you want.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by k2039: 2:14am On Feb 19, 2013
KateSpade:

then let them go and marry that person. you have to figure out what you want.
Thread closed.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by k2039: 2:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Sijo01: Such marriage's gonna be miserable.

To answer your question directly. Its NOT right!
Case closed.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by greatgod2012(f): 3:32am On Feb 19, 2013
Its OBVIOUSLY NOT RIGHT.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Flygerian1(m): 3:58am On Feb 19, 2013
Una dey ask some kain yeyelic question wey dey weak my brain sometimes, walai.

When u know u don't like her, wetin u dey marry am for, again? Na to marry am go house go dey punch her face in any slight mistake that she makes, abi? undecided
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 19, 2013
chichi254: Tnx 2 u all 4 ur wise responses. I also think that its not right but some peopl are convincin me that likeness/love can develop after d knot is tied.. Pls how true is that?

It's possible. But it might take 1,3,5,10,15yrs to get there. Are you willing to wait that long in before you finally start enjoying your marriage? It's also possible that you will never get to like/love that person. Are you willing to take that chance?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2013
Flygerian.:
Una dey ask some kain yeyelic question wey dey weak my brain sometimes, walai.

When u know u don't like her, wetin u dey marry am for, again? Na to marry am go house go dey punch her face in any slight mistake that she makes, abi? undecided
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

It's possible. But it might take 1,3,5,10,15yrs to get there. Are you willing to wait that long in before you finally start enjoying your marriage? It's also possible that you will never get to like/love that person. Are you willing to take that chance?
my dear, i don't think dat d chance is worth taking. Jst dat pressures 4rm family is becomin unbearabl
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Ivynwa(f): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2013
chichi254: my dear, i don't think dat d chance is worth taking. Jst dat pressures 4rm family is becomin unbearabl

Don't allow anybody pressure you into marriage. If you are still in school, be working hard so that you can make good grades and get a good job so that you will be able to contribute to taking care of your kids when you finally finds who you like and marries him.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Flygerian1(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2013
Oh! D poster is a girl sef, I tink say na boy. undecided
Well, I've made myself clear. Don't go where u can't find happiness, despite pressure from family.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ivynwa:

Don't allow anybody pressure you into marriage. If you are still in school, be working hard so that you can make good grades and get a good job so that you will be able to contribute to taking care of your kids when you finally finds who you like and marries him.
dats d issue my dear. Hav gotten my 1st degree and concluded my NYSC some months bak. Yet 2 get a reasonabl job. So evry1 is like ''now is ur time o!''
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Yoshiyuki(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
Why would you marry someone you like in the first place? Gosh, imagine living together 24/7 with your friend? Having to talk to someone whose company you enjoy? spending the rest of your life with someone you care about? Urgh, the thought makes me want to throw up. Abeg, marry your enemy. at least it can't be any worse right?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by ralfo85(m): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
How in the first place did you get in a relationship with a person you don't like? Talk less accepting a proposal for marriage? You marrying this person will be proof of low self esteem and selfishness on your part. Please put your affairs together and deal with the situation. You are not doing the other party any good too.

My question to you is; have you been honest enough to tell this person intending to marry you you don't love him? Or have you been decieving him out to seeming pity?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Ivynwa(f): 5:51am On Feb 20, 2013
chichi254: dats d issue my dear. Have gotten my 1st degree and concluded my NYSC some months bak. Yet 2 get a reasonabl job. So evry1 is like ''now is ur time o!''

What you should be very concerned about is finding a job to sustain yourself or something to do and earn a living from. If you long to settle down, be praying, be searching wisely (I believe that a woman should reach out and search too even if it doesn't sound right to some people). By searching I don't mean that you wear your jeans and walk the road knocking on doors and looking for a man, join such things as single's fellowship or activities meant for youths in your church etc, attend social activities where you can mingle with your fellow youths. Be open to meeting new people and not shy away from meeting people, be using your head to know who you will be happy with when people approach you to seek your hand.

You want to lie down and smile at a man you really like, wake up every morning to see his face and be happy not cringe on seeing him, wondering how on earth you are here with this man and regretting marrying him.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 6:31am On Feb 20, 2013
ralfo85: How in the first place did you get in a relationship with a person you don't like? Talk less accepting a proposal for marriage? You marrying this person will be proof of low self esteem and selfishness on your part. Please put your affairs together and deal with the situation. You are not doing the other party any good too.

My question to you is; have you been honest enough to tell this person intending to marry you you don't love him? Or have you been decieving him out to seeming pity?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by djeezy(m): 7:21am On Feb 20, 2013
Not right. It'll only result to a failed marriage. There has to be mutual attraction.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2013
Nnekacherry: Hian
See question..
How are you going to live with somebody you don't feel anything for??
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 9:59am On Feb 20, 2013
ralfo85: How in the first place did you get in a relationship with a person you don't like? Talk less accepting a proposal for marriage? You marrying this person will be proof of low self esteem and selfishness on your part. Please put your affairs together and deal with the situation. You are not doing the other party any good too.

my dear, i was neva in a r/ship wit him. He jst wants us 2 embark on a vry short term courtship after which we marry. Infact, i can't even stnd him. Even calls 4rm him pisses me off. I hav been given him repeling signals but he seems nt 2 be gettin d msg. Physicaly he is ok oo, n financialy he is stable but all d same i detest him. Infact, d more 'nice' he tries 2 be, d more upset i get.
Sometimes, i wonder if d problem is 4rm me cos all d guys that sincerely want 2 hv sth serious wit me are alwz disliked by me. D worst part is that d more i try 2 repel them, d more interested they get...
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by ralfo85(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
If I may ask, how old are you? If all the guys who show genuine interest in you turn you off, are these usually total strangers? I guess a girl in her teens may be scared of commitment, but if you are a University graduate already you should be past that. Have you been in a relationship before? If not, what could be the reason, since according to you there have not been a shortage of suitors?
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by Ivynwa(f): 4:00am On Feb 21, 2013
chichi254: my dear, i was neva in a r/ship wit him. He jst wants us 2 embark on a vry short term courtship after which we marry. Infact, i can't even stnd him. Even calls 4rm him pisses me off. I hav been given him repeling signals but he seems nt 2 be gettin d msg. Physicaly he is ok oo, n financialy he is stable but all d same i detest him. Infact, d more 'nice' he tries 2 be, d more upset i get.
Sometimes, i wonder if d problem is 4rm me cos all d guys that sincerely want 2 hv sth serious wit me are alwz disliked by me. D worst part is that d more i try 2 repel them, d more interested they get...

Don't believe that friend, don't believe that. Somethings you believe in somehow unfolds out the way you have it in your mind so make away with that. You will meet somebody you like and who really likes you. Keep your mind open.
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
ralfo85: If I may ask, how old are you? If all the guys who show genuine interest in you turn you off, are these usually total strangers? I guess a girl in her teens may be scared of commitment, but if you are a University graduate already you should be past that. Have you been in a relationship before? If not, what could be the reason, since according to you there have not been a shortage of suitors?
i'm 27. Throughout my stay in d uni, i only had casual friends. D moment one wants sth more than 'casual', i lay him off. D reason is that i hv a vry fragile heart dat may not stnd being toiled wit. So i made up my mind 2 giv it 2 som1 who i'm sure of his love and who i lov bak and will spend d rest of my lif wit. But now, it seems as if d love isn't being mutual...
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by chichi254: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ivynwa:

Don't believe that friend, don't believe that. Somethings you believe in somehow unfolds out the way you have it in your mind so make away with that. You will meet somebody you like and who really likes you. Keep your mind open.
tnx dear. I believ ur words n i'm not gonna settl 4 anythin less
Re: Is It Right 2 Marry Som1 U Don't Like? by infodollarman(m): 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
chichi254: Is it right to accept a marriage proposal of someone u dont like? Especialy when d reason 4 d dislike is not known.
if you don't like or love someone and you go ahead and marry the person chances are that if you see someone you love, you may just be playing away match and that will end that marriage. so don't marry someone you don't like cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Places You Must Avoid Looking For A Wife/husband / Found Love Again / Sexy Lingerie On Sale- Lagos Lagos!!! Ladies, Treat Your Man In Bed Tonight!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.