Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria (3201 Views)

Resist Plot By Buhari To Islamize Nigeria – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / COAS Donated Ambulance To NDA In Line To Islamize Nigeria / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
It all started with Boko Haram, now we have Islamists Ansaru.

Yet we'll soon have another one called APC.

It has trickled down to Osun State, next Oyo and Ekiti states.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nigerian militant group Ansaru says it kidnapped seven foreign workers in a raid that saw a security guard killed.

Italian, Filipino, British, Greek and Lebanese workers are thought to be among those being held after the attack in the northern state of Bauchi.

They were working on a construction project when the militants attacked on Sunday, reports say.

Ansaru, an Islamist group, emerged last June and recently carried out a raid in which it kidnapped a French national.

The group announced it was behind Sunday's kidnappings in an email sent to journalists, saying it had "the custody of seven persons, which include Lebanese and their European counterparts" working with construction firm Setraco.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
THE Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Osun State chapter, on Monday, raised the alarm over the ban placed on the teaching of Christian Religious Studies in public schools established by muslim missionaries, saying the development was capable of triggering religious disharmony in the state.

In a communiqué issued and signed by the CAN chairman in the state, Evangelist Abraham Aladeseye and 37 other religious leaders in the state, a copy of which was made available to the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, the body cautioned the government to shun any policy that was retrogressive, which may eventually lead to chaos among the religious groups in Osun State.

It also urged the government to carry the association along in any Christian-related project that was being embarked by the state thus, dissociating self from the 200,000 capacity “Open Heaven Hall,” being planned by the government, contending that the project was not its priority for now.

According to the communiqué: “We are calling on the government to take urgent step to address the alleged ban of teaching of Christian Religious Studies in Muslims-established public schools in the state. Unless government takes immediate step to correct the anomaly, we will also stop the teaching if Islamic Religious Studies in Christian-established public schools.”
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1: It all started with Boko Haram, now we have Islamists Ansaru.

Yet we'll soon have another one called APC.

It has trickled down to Osun State, next Oyo and Ekiti states.

grin grin grin My brother you go wound pesin here o.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin My brother you go wound pesin here o.

It has all been planned.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Lagos Must Obey!

A middle aged businessman, Oladele Pius,was this morning killed when a bomb planted under FESTAC/Mile 2 link bridge, Lagos, few metres away from his office, exploded, PM news reports.
Witnesses disclosed that the sand dealer was passing by when the bomb exploded.He died on the spot – but it could not be ascertained whether he was actually the target of those who planted the bomb or not.

The scene of the incident has been cordoned off by armed mobile police officers while the body of the deceased has been deposited at the mortuary.
Sources at the scene of the incident further disclosed that the legs of a policeman who visited the deceased were shattered as a result of the explosion.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
You are a tribalist and a bigot. Nigeria is currently in the gutter due to riligious bigot like you. Why don't you just jump in a well or commit suicide? I don't see the difference between you and the muslim fundalmentalists in the North.

9 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
payless: You are a tribalist and a bigot. Nigeria is currently in the gutter due to riligious bigot like you. Why don't you just jump in a well or commit suicide? I don't see the difference between you and the muslim fundalmentalists in the North.

At least, I have not been drinking human blood like you.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Standing5(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
As much as i like to see that the right of every Nigerian to practice his or her religion is established and the PDP untold corrupt practices checked i think there could be some element of truth in OP's rant.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
As they iron out their proposed plan to Islamise Nigeria. There should be mutual trust.

The relationship between the two leading opposition figures in Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Gen Muhammadu Buhari is about to be cemented further.

A source told Olufamous.com that there is so much lack of trust within the camps of both men, and only an event like this can make their loyalist feel more comfortable working with each other.

My source disclosed that Tinubu's son has formally proposed to the beautiful damsel and all they are waiting for now is to fix a suitable date for the traditional rights and wedding proper.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nuzo1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Topic

I don't think their aim is to Islamise Nigeria. They very well know it can't work.
The plan is to destabilize Gej's government and then have him fearfully return power to north.

And point of correction Op, majority of Nigerian muslims(overtly or covertly) may be in support of this plan...but definitely not all of them.

As for the case of Osun, I would be glad if we can seperate religion from government institutions and laws.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':
@Topic

I don't think their aim is to Islamise Nigeria. They very well know it can't work.
The plan is to destabilize Gej's government and then have him fearfully return power to north.

And point of correction Op, majority of Nigerian muslims(overtly or covertly) may be in support of this plan...but definitely not all of them.

As for the case of Osun, I would be glad if we can seperate religion from government institutions and laws.

The leader of the newly formed Islamist group APC speaks:

A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sanusi creates an Islamic bank is a secular Nigeria.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Lamido Sanusi, has said that the prevailing economic meltdown has increased the demand for Islamic financial products and services across the world, because according to him in spite of the crunch, Islamic institutions have displayed "strong resilience reflecting their conservative approach to business, balanced and ordered appetite for growth and focus on the basis of financial intermediation as opposed to innovation."
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
The Future Nigeria after APC completes its islamisation process!

Twelve people, including polio vaccinators, have been killed in two shootings at health centres in northern Nigeria, witnesses have told the BBC.

In the first attack in Kano four polio vaccinators were shot dead by gunmen who drove up on a motor tricycle.

Thirty minutes later gunmen opened fire on women waiting with their children in Hotoro, outside Kano city.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
obiagu,

you are misguided! when east introduced armed robbery that spread and consumed the whole country in the 70s, was that a crusade to christianize the whole country? when mend started terrorism sabotaging federal facilities was that a christenization of the country? how about the robbery and kidnappings in east under the watchful eyes of massob are they attempts to christenize the biafran states?

what are you afraid of?

8 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Those who know Nigeria politics will understand that a MUSLIM/MUSLIM presidential ticket will NEVER sail in this dispensation. It will be seen CORRECTLY as a veiled attempt to undermine the christian population. It will definitely be an effort in futility.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^^

They do not care what you think. They have their bomb and intimidation and gullible Christians in the SW will buy the idea.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
An Islamist proposes ban on alcohol in Nigeria to bring the country in line with Afghanistan

Rep. Hussain proposes ban on the sale of alcoholic drinks in Nigeria.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1: ^^^

They do not care what you think. They have their bomb and intimidation and gullible Christians in the SW will buy the idea.

...you are expressing fear for your igbo brothers in west. yoruba is not concerned by increased or decreased islam activity in west.

before christianity came to west it was just traditionalists and muslims. when christianity came they had to convert a population that was already either traditionalist or muslim. this is why the different faiths crisscross and zig zag through yoruba family lines. to fear christianity or fear islam or fear traditional religion in yorubaland will be the end of wisdom, because we would then be in fear of our own blood and flesh close knit family.

i cant say the same for igbo christians living in west. yes, they need to be on guard so the influx from north does not change their faith. yiur brothers in north were not so careful....too late for them.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
*spits on thread*

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1: ^^^

Well, not if we have anything to do with it. Christians living in SW will just have to ensure their voices are heard. And by the way, I am not referring to just Yoruba christian. Nigeria is not an Islamic nation, and we should not give it such appearance, implicitly or explicitly.

Muslim/Muslim ticket will be condemned for what it is - attempt at Islamisation of a secular country.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

Well, not if we have anything to do with it. Christians living in SW will just have to ensure their voices are heard. And by the way, I am not referring to just Yoruba christian. Nigeria is not an Islamic nation, and we should not give it such appearance, implicitly or explicitly.

Muslim/Muslim ticket will be condemned for what it is - attempt at Islamisation of a secular country.

would a christian/christian ticket be okay?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

...you are expressing fear for your igbo brothers in west. [size=18pt]yoruba is not concerned by increased or decreased islam activity in west.[/size]

before christianity came to west it was just traditionalists and muslims. when christianity came they had to convert a population that was already either traditionalist or muslim. this is why the different faiths crisscross and zig zag through yoruba family lines. to fear christianity or fear islam or fear traditional religion in yorubaland will be the end of wisdom, because we would then be in fear of our own blood and flesh close knit family.

i cant say the same for igbo christians living in west. yes, they need to be on guard so the influx from north does not change their faith. yiur brothers in north were not so careful....too late for them.

I really hope he understands this
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by takedat(m): 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reader discretion is advised, before reading this poo thread! Not for adult consumption!
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

I really hope he understands this

wassup prince grin

im really perplexed how they think they understand yoruba society and family unit.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

would a christian/christian ticket be okay?

Has anyone implied that yet?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

Has anyone implied that yet?

since you are fervently opposed to muslim/muslim leadership, why do we need an implication in this matter to speak to truth of a christian/christian emerging as our leaders?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

...you are expressing fear for your igbo brothers in west. yoruba is not concerned by increased or decreased islam activity in west.

Yorubas are not the only Nigerians living in the SW. I wonder how some of you folks think. the insinuation that Yorubas are not concerned (whether right or wrong) doesn't mean other Nigerians shouldnt express their concern.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

since you are fervently opposed to muslim/muslim leadership, why do we need an implication in this matter to speak to truth of a christian/christian emerging as our leaders?

You didn't read where I mentioned Nigeria being a secular state?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

Yorubas are not the only Nigerians living in the SW. I wonder how some of you folks think. the insinuation that Yorubas are not concerned (whether right or wrong) doesn't mean other Nigerians shouldnt express their concern.

you are correct! the op has inferred that when he focuses on a state by state analysis. could states in east escape islamization if his conspiracy is anything to go by? .....and where are eastern states in his list?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

wassup prince grin

im really perplexed how they think they understand yoruba society and family unit.

I seriously don't understand. Maybe they think Yoruba way of thinking = Igbo way of thinking or other extremist.

I can go to a Church if invited and pray their with my Christian brothers and sisters.

Our people say, ti igben syen roun kon shey ti ijapa shey ma roun.

ba mu zata yi kama,
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

You didn't read where I mentioned Nigeria being a secular state?

oh trust me, i read it. you are explicit on "muslim/muslim". i want you to do justice to "christian/christian" and say it loud and clear.

is a christian/christian leadership acceptable, point b?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram / Rivers State Govt Spent Over 1 Billion To Curb Ebola-amaechi / Governor Adams Oshiomhole's New Wife - Lala Fortez's Dazzling Photo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.