Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles (608 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
The Super Eagles look set to rake in more money in the coming months after football’s governing body, FIFA, announced that it will pay N639.6m ($4.1 million) in prize money to the Confederations Cup winner.

FIFA says $20 million in total prize money will be shared among eight teams playing in the World Cup warm-up event in Brazil from June 15-30.

The prize fund was $17.6 million at the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa. There, Brazil got $3.75 million for winning.

FIFA says the beaten finalist will receive $3.6 million; the third-place team earns $3 million and the fourth-place team gets $2.5 million.

Four teams not advancing from the groups each make $1.7 million.

The line-up of continental champions is: Host Brazil, World Cup and European champion Spain, Euro 2012 runner-up Italy, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Tahiti and Uruguay.

The Super Eagles will be competing out of Group B alongside Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain.

source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/feb/18/612.html
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by honeric01(m): 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
First 4 is sure for the Eagles.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01: First 4 is sure for the Eagles.

Yeah, Uruguay is a beatable team. The only teams I fear are Spain and Brazil.
The dollar rain on the Super Eagles continues; at least they will be over $1million richer at the end of the tournament.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, Uruguay is a beatable team. The only teams I fear are Spain and Brazil.
The dollar rain on the Super Eagles continues; at least they will be over $1million richer at the end of the tournament.

Brazil is beatable, they are no longer the same Brazil of old.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

Brazil is beatable, they are no longer the same Brazil of old.

I agree to a certain extent. But with home advantage, the Selecao will be fired up.
The likes of Oscar, David Luiz, Ronaldinho et al would want to put on a show for their home fans.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by sheedy407(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
My wife is pregnant and d baby is kicking her in her stomach,the unborn baby shld better b training football before he comes out oh cos na football money sure pass now.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Chanchit: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
Jst for participating the prize is more than what u get for winning the Afcon. Anyways, I knw we would get pass the group stage.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
sheedy407: My wife is pregnant and d baby is kicking her in her stomach,the unborn baby shld better b training football before he comes out oh cos na football money sure pass now.

I tell u, football is huge money-spinner. Mikel Obi earns about $6.5million a year from his Chelsea contract.
The Super Eagles have received 130milion, 54million, 10million and 160million Naira from various individuals and entities. CAF also gave the NFF $1.5million for the Eagles triumph.
Re: Confederations Cup: FIFA Dangles N639.6m Before Eagles by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Chanchit: Jst for participating the prize is more than what u get for winning the Afcon. Anyways, I knw we would get pass the group stage.

Haha. I know, right.
Anyway, it's only $200,000 higher than the AFCON prize money. It isn't really a surprise because FIFA's yearly revenues are around $3/4billion! While that of CAF can't be more than $15million.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians & Kenyans Square Up On Aljazeera.. Serious Yabbin / Sir Alex Ferguson's Quotes / Super Eagles Train At Adidas HQ In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.