Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex (12417 Views)

Police Seal Kogi Assembly Complex Over Crises / The National Assembly Complex: A Closer Look (photos) / Fire Guts Ebonyi House Of Assembly Complex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by payne4real(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
Protesters have refused to leave the venue. Staff and visitors trekking kilometres to find alternative route

LEGISREPORTS NG – Hundreds of sacked workers of National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) at the early hours of today barricaded the main entrance of the National Assembly complex, to protest against the resolution of the House of Representation in approval of their disengagement from the service.

Members of the House of Representatives had penultimate week approved the sack of the 4,000 workers and recommended their re-absorption into various ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs).

Going by the report of the Stephen Oronsanye on public service reform, our Correspondent gathered that the latter recommendation would not materialise, as the implementation of the report may lead to sack of thousands of workers and merger of some federal agencies and parastatals.

While bemoaning the House resolution, the disengaged staffs, Useh Fidelis, spokesman of the protesters argued that “about 4,000 staff of the commission were laid off without due process.”

Fidelis who explained that the affected workers had made several representations to the National Assembly without fruitful results, alleged that the interests of Nigerians were not put into consideration by the House.

While some of the protesting ex-workers are demanding for reinstatement, a handful of the workers demanded for immediate payment of their severance package.

Meanwhile the Senators and members of the House of Representatives on resumption for Tuesday plenary, were compelled to use alternative entrance behind the National Assembly to enter into the complex.

This report was prepared by our report at the National Assembly, Abuja.

SOURCE:http://www.legisreports-ng.com/senator-reps-locked-out-of-national-assembly-by-protesters/
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Gboliwe: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
Interesting. . .

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by israel007: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
They sacked 4000 and they are looking for 17500 to employ.

Hmmm. GEJ is truly working
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Skywalker5(m): 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nigeria i hail oo
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by scobaba: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
So dem sack this people now won come employ freshers. Na so e dey b sha. OLD things shall pass away.
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by donsax: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
4000? No wonder high rate of crime in the country.
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Tpave(m): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
ui dey come
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Rooneyboy(m): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
scobaba: So dem sack this people now won come employ freshers. Na so e dey b sha. OLD things shall pass away.

And u too shall get old some day.
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by manny4life(m): 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Wait o, does NASS have the jurisdiction to disengage them from service?

Nigeria, Our Promised Land

Africa, Our Great Continent,

We're coming home, to posses our land

And cleanse all evil, for us all...

Nigeria, I still believe in you, don't disappoint me.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
HaLlelujah
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by MissOpe(f): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Space Booked....5th to comment....wat a feeling....
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by ibraivory: 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Really working indeed. I applied 4 d work n i wil write deir exams 4 24th Feb. I no go go again. I go 4get am. Its a contract job 4 2yrs. Pls,confirm if its true

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by babysheju2(f): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na wa o.
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Sijo01(f): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
I sidow, cross leg, put hand for jaw dey look.
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by BedLam: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abegi! sack self even better. which work them de do before? make them come hustle! abi Government na person papa?
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by MissOpe(f): 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
ibraivory: Really working indeed. I applied 4 d work n i wil write deir exams 4 24th Feb. I no go go again. I go 4get am. Its a contract job 4 2yrs. Pls,confirm if its true

Dont be discourage...go and do ur bits..let God do the rest...... Yoruba say...if someone else deeds doesnt spoil ..urs cant be good.
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by vegasjonz: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
God!,┏̲W̶̲̅┓̲ɪ̣̝̇ά̲̣̥ do †ђξy want them †̥ go †̥,4000 added †̥ †ђξ awaiting unemployed,divided by two =heartless criminls,,,,
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
guy where did u see 17,500. They re only planning to hired 1,750. In words, one thosand seven hundrend and fifty
israel007: They sacked 4000 and they are looking for 17500 to employ.

Hmmm. GEJ is truly working
guy where did u see 17,500. They re only planning to hired 1,750. In words, one thosand seven hundrend and fifty

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by temmysoremekun(f): 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na wa ooo hw can they sack workers A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ still be looking for more employees shocked undecided
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Igwe9(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
I learnt that they were moved from other MDAs to NIMC when NIMC was established and was still in analog! I guess NIMC wants to upgrade to digital and hence needs the services of the professionals, any ways, they should been paid off or moved to where they'd be useful!

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by iluvtotodie(m): 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Deluded Country....... angry
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by olumaxi(m): 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Naija!!!.great country of wisdom..GOD bles my country
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by igbsam(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
i luv to.to die:
Men, this your Username Na wa o!
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by chessguru1(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
Miss Ope:

Dont be discourage...go and do ur bits..let God do the rest...... Yoruba say...if someone else deeds doesnt spoil ..urs cant be good
Very bad, myopic, and sadistic adage. Explains why so many nigerians are scared of competition. Who is to say that d sky is not big enuf for all birds to fly, or the sea to small for all fishes to swim?
Please let's change this mentality abeg!!
Aye po gan!! Abeg enuf space oo angry

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by motif8(m): 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
well the information is not detail, why tjhje sack is my first question even though i knew that ministry should be scrap, there are millions of Naija without national identity and thje comission is not making any move to make sure we all have it. they can sack them if that will enable them make the ministry effective, and it coujld be that those staff are not performing. but like i said until they detailed the reason of the sack i reserve my coment

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Miss Ope:

Dont be discourage...go and do ur bits..let God do the rest...... Yoruba say...if someone else deeds doesnt spoil ..urs cant be good.
rubbish talk.

I am really sorry for those of you scrambling for this job, soon it will be your turn to be redundant and fired without gratuity.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by debedebe(m): 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
#booked* place ur advert here!!

Placement... #4Billion
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Lmaoooo I pity dose who would soon be employed frm the 17,500 list.. These people go swear for una ohhhh
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Miss Ope:

. Wicked proverb be dis o. So pesin tin must wowo bfr ur own go shine? D elda wey invent dis proverb be bad man o
Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Redundant, incompetent, barely qualified dead woods. . .as are most government employees across all tiers. Why are they protesting? Most of them probably should never have been employed in the first place, since they got employed through nepotism, 'man-know-man', bribery, sex-offerings, etc.

In any case, one set of useless dead woods were disengaged for the sole reason of employing a fresh set of dead woods. . .through the same corrupt and unfair employment process!

Nigeria is almost beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by chessguru1(m): 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
As long as govt can pay them their due gratuity, I say SACK THEM!!
Yes I know am harsh, but let's be honest with ourselves, WTF do most govt workers do?
Come to some govt school, and see how these govt teachers are peeling egusi in the staff room or roll mat on the ground and gossip from morning till afternoon while their classrooms are empty.
angry
A lot of civil servants do absolutely nothing
Go to work when they want to and close when they choose to. angry
Come to calabar, and you will see almost every family has at least one person working in d government
We talk about reducing d size of government every day, well that comes with cuting staff as well. The government of today is a cash cow that every body feeds on.
IMO so many ministry's should also be scraped too if that will increase d efficiency of government.
For this country to move forward, some tough decisions will have to be made; that include cutting down the size of government

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex by groovie(m): 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
i luv to.to die:
ur username na die!!! wetin!! lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu / Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion / PREMIUM TIMES EDITORIAL: Onnoghen: Time To Halt Nigeria’s Slide To Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.