Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form (1632 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? / Applying For Nigerian Passport Reissue In Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form by Plum70: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
I need to renew my Nigerian e-passport which is due to expire this summer and as this is my first one, I am looking to have another issued for 5 more years.

Two weeks ago I tried completing the online form on the Nigerian Immigration Service website and hit a wall: There are certain compulsory fields in the form that have errors as follows:

The address field - the 'state' of residence is a compulsory field even though I selected London, UK which doesn't have states.

The NOK address field - the default country is set to Nigeria and cannot be changed plus other fields like state and LGA are compulsory. My NOK is my husband who lives in the UK with me but I cannot enter his details because the form assumes one's NOK only has a Nigerian address - ridiculous! Obviously without these compulsory fields completed I cannot submit the form nor make a payment nor secure an appointment at the Embassy.

I have emailed the support team at SW global but have heard nothing back almost two weeks after.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? The Nigeria High Commission in London never picks up telephone calls so I am thinking of popping down there to explain my predicament and see what can be done directly at the Embassy.

Has anyone tried this and succeeded? Pointers welcome.

Thanks
Re: E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form by Plum70: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Bump!
Re: E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form by Plum70: 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the overwhelming feedback everyone. You've been most helpful and hopefully you are not too inert to detect a hint of sarcasm!

Despite the barren reception my post received I am posting some helpful details for anyone who may be in my shoes:

I went down to the NHC in London today to complain about the glitch I described earlier with the online form and apparently it is not a glitch. The Federal Govt. have now made it a mandatory requirement for all Nigerians wanting a passport to provide NOK details of a Nigerian who also has a Nigerian address. So if all your NOKs - be they Nigerian - only have foreign addresses then you're stuffed. This was not a requirement 5 years ago when I got my first passport as I remember putting down my husband's details as my NOK. Luckily I was able to provide one in Nigeria, but unhappy that I was forced to deny my husband's position as my preferred Next of Kin. Never mind...

Also, under the applicant's address where 'state' is a compulsory field, I was advised by staff at the High Commission to enter England as there are no 'states' in the UK.

So, that's the mystery solved.

Over and out.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Value Of Benin Republic. Franc To Nigerian Naira / The Psychology Of The US Visa Interview / A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.