Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (47928 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
gree-die:

and a bf isn't a better half until he rings it....
Really? iLaugh.

gree-die:

I maintain my stand, lyk you rightly pointed out, this is 2013, a sensible guy shouldn't expect his girl to do his chores, he has hands, he should utilize it. even a husband is now expected to to do d chores too... there is .
Chores? Getting bits and bobs done around his crib are now classed as chores? Crikey! Again, iLaugh.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hahahaha...joker! Oya define d responsibilities of a so called galfriend o! Talk! Ayam listening...
smh......
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff:

Omo dis girls just dey find one way after another to avoid investing in relationships.
And then they try to make it seem right by "institutionalizing" it. If na bible you wan quote, where does it say a girl should not help aa man she loves do things?
Aall the Mary magdalenes and all, na dem dey wash Jesus cloth naw abi you no know?

It all goes back to the laziness of our 21st century girls biko. Take take take take and haardly give anything back, thinking that that is a working relationship.
Gbammest}}}}}}}}}
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
If na becos,I no do wifely duties dat's why he is not going to ring it then he is not meant for me.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

smh......
U no sabi define or wot? D cat got ya fingers dis time around? undecided
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: If na becos,I no do wifely duties dat's why he is not going to ring it then he is not meant for me.
Smh....it comes wiv d package.. Darling!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
The thing with me sha as a guy is that, if someone I love does something good for me, I must do something good for them back.
If my girl comes to visit and then she cares enough about my happiness to do certain things around the house for me....omo there is NO WAY my very soul will not find diverse ways of blessing her right back.

THIS is the basis of love. Not all these rulebooky things a lot of you are quoting here.

I will never be moved to put a ring on a girl who couldn't give 2 fawks about my domestic wellbeing. FACT. undecided

It simply tells me that I am nothing but a minor option to the girl, and not at all a priority. A very direct specific message is sent when she chooses to care. One that is hard to resist.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff:

Assuming this isn't sarcasm: Then that's nice.
So why are you all taking the conversation to an extreme?
Not sarcasm. That's what i do...but not on a daily basis.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by sirhot(m): 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Una funny well well... See as a guy, I can do everything for myself washing, cooking, cleaning but to be sure the girl wey I wan marry can do it as well then she has to prove it. My house is always immaculately clean #clean freak things wink# so for me, the girl has to be up and doing in taking care of my neat and nice apartment else I throw your sorry lazy, dirty a$$ out. tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
I still don't get idowu's point. Wifey duties? All of them? A girlfriend?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff: The thing with me sha as a guy is that, if someone I love does something good for me, I must do something good for them back.
If my girl comes to visit and then she cares enough about my happiness to do certain things around the house for me....omo there is NO WAY my very soul will not find diverse ways of blessing her right back.

THIS is the basis of love. Not all these rulebooky things a lot of you are quoting here.

I will never be moved to put a ring on a girl who couldn't 2 fawks about my domestic wellbeing. :
-\
Na so! Correct African bobo! Chop am kiss
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U no sabi define or wot? D cat got ya fingers dis time around? undecided
chatting wif you is getting boring that all!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by 4words: 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
4words for you dear, ''you'r on point''. I cant afford to get married to a lady whom i dont know her history regarding this issue. I am sorry, that's just me.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta: I still don't get idowu's point. Wifey duties? All of them? A girlfriend?
One by one o! Hanhan? See as u dey rush mama wiv questo, na exam? Anyways...ur duty as a galfriend kinda shares d same similarities wiv dat of a wifey. D only difference? U don't get to do domestics 7days a week unless of course u chose to go down d cohabiting route. We clear now?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta: I still don't get idowu's point. Wifey duties? All of them? A girlfriend?
it the reason lot of ladies end up heart broken after a break-up, as jst your boyfriend you already assumed wifey duties. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

it the reason lot of ladies end up heart broken after a break-up, as jst your boyfriend you already assumed wifey duties. SMH
Bullshito to d power of trillions.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
Omo our girls these days are just not wise.
Guys are saying what they want in who they will marry.
Girls are saying what they WANT A MAN TO WANT in who he will marry.
Is that wisdom? Na una dey put ring for man hand?

Get with the program or stay single till 40... cheesy unless you luck out....but why rely on luck?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

chatting wif you is getting boring that all!
It's boring wen ur arguments are baseless. Dress comot mehn! Nansense! Msteeeeeew!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by 4words: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
what she is saying is simple, most guys out there are on the look for a lady that would take care of them in terms of what is stated above by the op, before going on one kneel. So @ caracta, i have 4words for you, '' change your damn character''
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowu na true o,after I don do the wifely duties finish,d guy go talk say e no marry me.Na curse I go curse im life.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

Again, a testament to what I mean when I say you girls these days are selfish.
See you here saying this like as if it was only you who would have showed/given love in the relationship.

You gave and received. He gave and received.
Yet it is now "paining you" because you gave. You have conveniently forgotten all the love YOU also received.

I hope by me opening your eye to this you can see that it is not only guys who take things for granted.
You girls are just as guilty.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff u just deh misyearn! Wetin u deh do among women?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: 2buff u just deh misyearn! Wetin u deh do among women?

That's a pointless statement. Back it up by saying what exactly I am misyah ing about.
I jus dey help una, because clearly only one of you knows what she is talking about.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Bullshito to d power of trillions.
you ma lady..... makes things boring because you cant construct you arguement without insults. xo i will jus let it pass, you not worth ma time.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: Idowu na true o,after I don do the wifely duties finish,d guy go talk say e no marry me.Na curse I go curse im life.
Lmao! Am sure karma gat ur bck! Do u! Cleaning,cooking,washing etc. are things we shud do for d one we claim to love.I mean, won't u feel betrayed if he has anoda gal out dia doing it all and she eventually gets d rock in return for a job well done? Reason d tin properly abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! Am sure karma gat ur bck! Do u! Cleaning,cooking,washing etc. are things we shud do for d one we claim to love.I mean, won't u feel betrayed if he has anoda gal out dia doing it all and she eventually gets d rock in return for a job well done? Reason d tin properly abeg!

This is wisdom right here. That's all it is.
Idowu you be real woman kiss

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

you ma lady..... makes things boring because you cant construct you arguement without insults. xo i will jus let it pass, you not worth ma time.
U indirectly labelled moi as an housegal remember? Well, I aint got time for ur hypocritical comments neida.jog on!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
4words:
what she is saying is simple, most guys out there are on the look for a lady that would take care of them in terms of what is stated above by the op, before going on one kneel. So @ caracta, i have 4words for you, '' change your damn character''
What character? Did you read my comments at all? I don't need to argue with you. I've made my points clear enough. And she has explained her point. I can't do ALL what a wife does to her husband...everyday of the week. I can help out once in a while especially when i visit. To each his own. Have a great night.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff the helper,if u read the comment of those that are against it,u will realise they didn't write that they are not going to help at all but there is going to be a limit to it.
You just deh misyearn as though we said we are not going to help at all.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: 2buff the helper,if u read the comment of those that are against it,u will realise they didn't write that they are not going to help at all but there is going to be a limit to it.
You just deh misyearn as though we said we are not going to help at all.
Na ur babes dey mescafo joor! D op talk 7days a week? Abi una get comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by greedie1(f): 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Really? iLaugh.

Chores? Getting bits and bobs done around his crib are now classed as chores? Crikey! Again, iLaugh.

yes really!!! quote me anywhere..

the op didn't say bits and bobs, she wrote doin everything, bein his cook, cleaner, chauffeur, waiter, bed mate all roled into one... yes he needs a license to be entitled to such.

i may not be able to change your view, but you ll never be able to change mine grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
gree-die:

yes really!!! quote me anywhere..

the op didn't say bits and bobs, she wrote doin everything, bein his cook, cleaner, chauffeur, waiter, bed mate all roled into one... yes he needs a license to be entitled to such.

i may not be able to change your view, but you ll never be able to change mine grin grin
Do u give half or everything in a relationship?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Groom And Bride Rock The Doggy Pose At Their Traditional Wedding (Photo) / She Doesn't Wear Pant, Bra, Tite ( Underwear ), Plz Adivse / Dear Men, Please Do Not Make This Terrible Mistake In Your Relationships (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.