Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? (24944 Views)

Maybe Am Naive And Obsess / Am Confused With Marriage. Pls, Help!!! / Gold Diggers Are Driving Me Crazy With Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 12:28am On Feb 20, 2013
Every tyme marry marry marry! mschewwww. Everyone is not meant to be married oh! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by coogar: 12:34am On Feb 20, 2013
adabeke12: Every tyme marry marry marry! mschewwww. Everyone is not meant to be married oh! tongue

here we go again..............
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Caracta(f): 12:36am On Feb 20, 2013
adabeke12: Every tyme marry marry marry! mschewwww. Everyone is not meant to be married oh! tongue
lol...it's a personal choice cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 20, 2013

Then don't, na fight cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 12:55am On Feb 20, 2013
jidegirl12:

Then don't, na fight cheesy

umm... its not abt me. but thnks for asking.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by greatgod2012(f): 1:36am On Feb 20, 2013
Its a personal decision, if u dont feel like getting married, no one can force you to, if you stick to your decision, its even better to remain unmarried and be happpy than getting married to become miserable.
Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 20, 2013
Marriage is a personal decision, ask Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 2:26am On Feb 20, 2013
greatgod2012: Its a personal decision, if u dont feel like getting married, no one can force you to, if you stick to your decision, its even better to remain unmarried and be happpy than getting married to become miserable.
Goodluck.

you are absolutely right. but i came up with this question because it is always the main topic in the mouths of most nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 2:27am On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan: Marriage is a personal decision, ask Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie cool

nigerians just lurve talking marriage
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 2:31am On Feb 20, 2013
adabeke12:

nigerians just lurve talking marriage
GBAM! The pressure is most especially put on the ladies; once she reaches 30, the parents will be frantically searching for a mate.

BTW, what is 'lurve'? grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 20, 2013
greatgod2012: Its a personal decision, if u dont feel like getting married, no one can force you to, if you stick to your decision, its even better to remain unmarried and be happpy than getting married to become miserable.
Goodluck.
Many people cannot understand this. Nigerians like 'follow follow' too much, independent reasoning is hard for the majority of them to carry out and many people don't want to be seen as the oddballs or eccentrics so they go with whatever the majority is doing even when they know it is wrong. Marriage is not taken to be a personal decision in the country. It is a life or death issue.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by s25million: 2:49am On Feb 20, 2013
nobody force you marry na. I'd even suggest you remain single.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 6:03am On Feb 20, 2013
$25 million:
nobody force you marry na. I'd even suggest you remain single.

ok bye
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by dsaintJ4Real(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

umm... its not abt me. but thnks for asking.

Are u married?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:40am On Mar 11, 2013
dsaintJ4Real:

Are u married?

Nope to young for all that
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:
GBAM! The pressure is most especially put on the ladies; once she reaches 30, the parents will be frantically searching for a mate.

BTW, what is 'lurve'? grin grin

Lurve is the same thing as love grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2013
Goodluck.
no one will force you to marry but the dociety will put you under undue and unnecessary pressure.who are the people made up of this societies they are your parents,married siblings and cousins,married colleagues at work.if you are a lady you will be reminded everyday that you are not getting younger and guys will not chase you forever.if you are a guy your parents will nag you to death that they want to see their grand kids before they die.in some families sef,they will marginalize you and tell you you are growing old in their house.i have a friend that her father nagged her to death that she should bring a man home and her singlehood is annoying him.the girl had to leave home for her peace and sanity.some parents will even tell the younger ones that they should not answer you if you want to send them on errand,some parents tell their kids that if you want your younger ones to respect you,bring a partner home.that is why many women and men dont look before they leap.church members too will remind you of a younger person that is married with kids that you should go for counselling as if singlehood is a disease.thats just the africa for you

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
Marriage is not for everyone,neither is it by force.The most important thing in life is contentment.If you ll feel more fulfilled single,why not??If being married rocks your boat,then go for it.This life is too simple,just live the way you want to live once it doesn't hurt anyone.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by tpia5: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

Nope to young for all that

so that means you're still playing instead of starting to pray and look around for a partner.

"jaye ori e, ajepe"

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Andybaby: 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Point of correction NIGERIAN LADIES
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
byvan: Marriage is not for everyone,neither is it by force.The most important thing in life is contentment.If you ll feel more fulfilled single,why not??If being married rocks your boat,then go for it.This life is too simple,just live the way you want to live once it doesn't hurt anyone.

But babe being happy can be hurtful to others
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
tpia@:

so that means you're still playing instead of starting to pray and look around for a partner.

"jaye ori e, ajepe"

Nope. I dont look for men, men come nd look for me
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by coogar: 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:
Nope. I dont look for men, mem come nd look for me

lies!
you wouldn't be wearing clothes and taking a bath if there are no men in the world.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

lies!
you wouldn't be wearing clothes and taking a bath if there are no men in the world.

Lmao. If dats wat u will do then hey be my guest. I will remain the same ada or even better if men were to go extinct.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by coogar: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

Lmao. If dats wat u will do then hey be my guest. I will remain the same ada or even better if men were to go extinct.

more lies - ada's hair would be unkempt, there would be no body cream or make-up. i mean, who would you try to impress? fellow women?

nigerians should be obsessed with marriage. it's an institution ordained by God and everyone is invited to the party.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

more lies - ada's hair would be unkempt, there would be no body cream or make-up. i mean, who would you try to impress? fellow women?

nigerians should be obsessed with marriage. it's an institution ordained by God and everyone is invited to the party.

Awoooo. Im sorry ur life revolves around men. U breathe for them right? Nne I look good for ada nd ada only. I mean one owes it to themselves to look and be the best they can possibly be. if u live to impress men...well I would advice u to stop. Live for yourself, u owe urself dat much

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by coogar: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

Awoooo. Im sorry ur life revolves around men. U breathe for them right? Nne I look good for ada nd ada only. I mean one owes it to themselves to look and be the best they can possibly be. if u live to impress men...well I would advice u to stop. Live for yourself, u owe urself dat much

men rule the world - women were created to do some assistance here and there!
you should have figured this out when you were presented with the options to be either male or female. i don't live to impress men - i live to be impressed by women. if you carry on with this attitude, you won't marry till you clock 58.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by tpia5: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

Nope. I dont look for men, men come nd look for me

keep preening.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
coogar:

men rule the world - women were created to do some assistance here and there!
you should have figured this out when you were presented with the options to be either male or female. i don't live to impress men - i live to be impressed by women. if you carry on with this attitude, you won't marry till you clock 58.

Darling more grease to ur elbow. If u really think men rule thing. Every thing on earth is feminine, even the so called penisss. The penisss is soft before it gets hard right? Trust me I will get married wen I feel like it. Thanks but no thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
adabeke12:

How come you change your voice tone, you wiggle your hips more, suck in your tummy, catwalk etc when you notice men around

while with your fellow females you assume your agbero voice, belch loudly, fart indiscriminately and walk like Obasanjo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
tpia@:

keep preening.

Thanks, I will
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

How come you change your voice tone, you wiggle your hips more, suck in your tummy, catwalk etc when you notice men around

while with your fellow females you assume your agbero voice, belch loudly, fart indiscriminately and walk like Obasanjo cheesy

Is that wat ur girlfriend does? Nd by the aint u a tribalist? If u r, u need to get out of my thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Sacked Banker’s Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Kano - Punch

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.