Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks (934 Views)

Toyota Yaris Gear Jumps Into Neutral While Driving / Gear Makes Gk Sound When Changing / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by layday2005: 7:50am On Feb 20, 2013
My baby boy v6 gear jumps when changing and the drive indicator keeps blinking.
Kindly advice help me out.
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by sammyyoung3: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Service d gear by changing d ATF oil....if blinking continues....complete chg is needed
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by layday2005: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Do u have an idea of the price of the gear box pls
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by layday2005: 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
i av serviced the gear. Drive still blinks but only when it has worked and its hot. Thanks
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2013
layday2005: i av serviced the gear. Drive still blinks but only when it has worked and its hot. Thanks

Possibly the correct drain and refill procedure wasn't adhered to, or the fluid is the wrong grade. Auto tranny's are extremely sensitive to ATF grade, level and temperature range.

I have no idea what model or year your car is, as Babyboy means nothing to me. A late model should be OBD compliant, and the K-line should extend to the transmission control module, if it has one. So a scan should help pinpoint your problem.

Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by layday2005: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2013
My car is 1999 model. I av done a scan but no fault found on the gear. then i changed the switch and the problem still continues. i used ATF DEXTRON III for the gear. ur advice is needed pls.
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by lonelydora: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Drain the oil completely and use the recommended oil. But, faulty switch could be the culprit.
Re: My Baby Boy V6 Gear Jumps And Pull When Changing And Drive Indicator Blinks by layday2005: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kindly send ur address to 07069686068. The check light has never come up.

(1) (Reply)

Please Mercedes Benz Expert And Users, Your Advise Is Urgenlty Needed / Which Is Easier To Upgrade It's Performance, An Old Car Or A New One? / How Third Party Insurance Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.