Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole (1243 Views)

Fayose's Wife, Feyisetan, Paying Hospital Bills Of Poor Women (pics) / Lagos Grassroot Politician,tony Nwulu Pays Hospital Bills Of 200 Patients (pics) / 'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by wellmax(m): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2013
FINALLY, LEBARAN MAKU AND HIS GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR EXPOSED
LEADERSHIP: Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole yesterday said the resources accruable to the state cannot accommodate the expenses of hosting the minister of information, Labaran Maku and his good governance tour team.

Comrade Oshiomhole said the decision of the state to turn down the team’s invitation to inspect the state and federal projects was part of measures by his administration to cut expenses.

He disclosed this at a stakeholders meeting on tax matters put in place by the state judiciary in collaboration with board of internal revenue held in Benin City, the Edo State capital.

Oshiomhole who noted that the state was billed to take sole responsibility of the team’s accommodation, entertainment and security said he was only accountable to the people of the state. ”Why Should I take Edo State tax payers money to finance federal project. I don’t need Abuja to help me tell Edo people what I m doing in the state .Any time the state official goes for official duty in Abuja , the state takes responsibility of his expenses. So, I expect federal government to finance its officials,’’ he said.

Governor Oshiomhole however said he would not refuse to receive them on courtesy call should the team decide to pay him official visit while in the state.

While soliciting the cooperation of the judiciary in the present tax regime, the governor said the state was able to save a whooping sum of N5 billion, N450 million monthly between 2007 – 2009 when he took over the mantle of leadership in its resolve to eliminate waste and reduce government expenditure.

He said the state had equally earmarked 80 per cent of its entire budgetary allocation on capital expenditure and devoted only 40 per cent to recurrent expenditure different from what was obtainable in the previous administrations.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48163/2013/02/20/why_i_shunned_good_governance_tour_oshiomhole.html

Other reports reveals that other states are spending not less that 120 million Naira to host the information minister and his entourage.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by Jaideyone(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2013
Lmao @good governance tour. Good governance my as*s. Corruption and power supply are the two major problems in Nigeria. Maina absconded to Singapore, another pension thief was freed by the court (corruption just dealt our dear Jonathan another upper cut) grin I've been in ibadan for 4 days plus and I've not seen light for even a minute both in agbowo and oniyanrin/nalende (definitely not transformer wahala). I must vote Jonah out in 2015
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by maclatunji: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2013
A sad reflection of the rot in Nigeria. A positive move by Governor Oshiomole.

2 Likes

Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by olawalebabs(m): 9:53am On Feb 20, 2013
What value is in Labaran maku that he intends to transfer to the state through his "Good Governance Tour". Good radiance to bad rubbish.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by geeez: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2013
Oshio Baba! You're soooooooo on point!
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by dubem3(m): 10:31am On Feb 20, 2013
just by finding new names for their many mundane activities, our so-called leaders have never run out of ideas on frivolous ways to run down our economy... resistance is the key.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by Olaolufred(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
IS LABARAN MAKU NOT THE SPEAKER OF PEOPLE DECIEVING POEPLE'S ASSEMBLY?
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by Vogue50: 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Governor Adams reasons are very flimsy. He is not being compelled by the FG or the Good Governance Team to spend his State Resources Extravagantly.
The Tour has been a commendable exercise so far by Nigerians . All he needs do is to showcase his achievements to the entire nation through this medium. What's bad about that?
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by otokx(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
Vogue50: Governor Adams reasons are very flimsy. He is not being compelled by the FG or the Good Governance Team to spend his State Resources Extravagantly.
The Tour has been a commendable exercise so far by Nigerians . All he needs do is to showcase his achievements to the entire nation through this medium. What's bad about that?

Why should EDO state pay for the visit of the corrupt Good Governance Team?
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by gabriel212: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Vogue50: Governor Adams reasons are very flimsy. He is not being compelled by the FG or the Good Governance Team to spend his State Resources Extravagantly.

Oga! is there no budget for the ministry of information to cater for tour? y must the tax payer money b use for that n after the end of year they will claim 90% for the info ministry was use judiciously!
Also, considering the way Labaran Maku reply to issue in defence of his seat, no opposition governor even many pdp gov n senator wil acept his visit.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by Gooogle(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has slammed the Good Governance Tour Team led by Minister of Information and Orientation, Mr. Labaran Maku, expected to visit the state next week, saying he was not prepared to spend the state’s limited resources to finance the tour.

He said that the Good Governance team had sent in a proposal , urging him to provide accommodation, feeding and logistics for over 120 delegates during the visit.

Lamenting what he described as the bogus proposal from the team, Oshiomhole said: “Whenever Edo State government officials travel to Abuja for official duties, the state takes responsibility and not the Federal Government.

“So, it is not proper to use Edo State tax payers’ money to finance a Federal Government programme. If they pay me a courtesy visit, I will receive them, but I don’t have a dime to spend on them because I do not need them to come to tell Edo people how I built roads and schools. My achievement speaks for me.”

Oshiomhole,who stated these at a seminar on Tax Laws in the state, organised by Edo State Board of Internal Revenue, in Benin, explained that he had opposed the proposal for state governments to sponsor the team, when the matter came up at the Governor’s Forum.

http://thecitizenng.com/governance/oshiomhole-slams-good-governance-tour-team/
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by dubem3(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2013

good work has a way of speaking for itself.
does his work remain bad till Labaran Maku and his cohorts proclaim it good?
A good majority of the Edo people are happy with what he has done and is doing so far and i doubt they need some corrupt government group with an angelic alias to come tell them what they know and can see first hand.
This is what i mean when i say we need re orientation because our values are grossly misplaced.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by KnowAll(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
Meanwhile Fashola's Lagos gave kim Kardashin $500,000.00, i hope when Lebaru Maku & his motley crew of pretenders decide to come to lagos, Lagos will accommodate them, after all it is all about good PR, which Fashola would't mind.
Re: We Cannot Foot The Bills Of Lebaran Maku - Gov Oshiomole by Gooogle(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
KnowAll: Meanwhile Fashola's Lagos gave kim Kardashin $500,000.00, i hope when Lebaru Maku & his motley crew of pretenders decide to come to lagos, Lagos will accommodate them, after all it is all about good PR, which Fashola would't mind.

Guy you need to show atleast your primary school leaving certificate before we can restore your posting privilege.So if someone told you
in this day and time that a governor parted with that kind of amount, you would believe.Your IQ is very low menh

(1) (Reply)

The Dangerous Silence Of 160 Million Nigerians... A Must Read. / Ngige Sponsored Anti-gay Bill; Igbo Governors Are Disasters / Plateau 2015: Could Daniel Kutchin Be The Anticipated Messiah? -by Bizum Yadok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.