Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. (2018 Views)

Nysc / NYSC And Challenges Of Nigerian Youths / Nysc 2013 Batch A And Jamb Reg. Number. How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. by seth01: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2013
THE National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said the recent requirement for JAMB registration number of prospective corps members was not to disqualify those who had done pre-degree programmes from service but rather to sieve out unqualified prospective corps members and fake students.

The NYSC Director of Public Relations, Mrs. Abosede Aderibigbe, who made the clarification while speaking with journalists in Abuja Monday, explained that some schools were in the habit of sending the names of unqualified students to NYSC for mobilisation.

This act, according to her, had led to situations whereby some corps members had been found not to be able to speak coherent English or to even fill some of the forms they were given correctly. The provision of JAMB registration number, according to her, would curb this embarrassment. As for those who went through pre-degree programmes, she added that JAMB made a commitment to generate numbers for them so that they could be mobilised.
Re: Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. by creamie(f): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2013
Thank God. I thought as much. I came in to OAU thru pre-degree without writing JAMB, but I paid the regularisation fee in my first year (2008). The number had been ready for a while now without me knowing and the admission office itself no adding it to my details/bio-data. And as such, didn't see my call-up no in any of d lists (both correct and error lists). The info pasted @ DSA that those who came in through pre-degree should come submit their jamb reg no didn't really go round, so a good no of pple didn't hear about it, except for someone I know who also paid the fee and saw his call-up no. Altho, it's something that's not meant to be an issue becos both admissions office and DSA should have worked hand in hand and ensure they inputed our name and details to be sent to NYSC. Waiting for batch B. All's well. smiley
Re: Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. by creamie(f): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hello, pls is there anyone who gained admission through pre-degree, but didn't do JAMB and paid for regularisation serving with Batch A in March? Please reply, don't just view but make contributions/suggestions too. Thank you.
Re: Nysc And Jamb Number_there Is Hope For Pre-degree Students. by bukkoollaa(f): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
so the one dat came tru pre-degree nd deir name is on d error list.wil they stil meet up wit. batch A or wat?

(1) (Reply)

December Allawee And January Clearance For Batch C Otondos / Prospectiv Batch C ,if You Are Dreaming To Go Akwa Ibom Let Meet Here. / Direct Transportation To Your NYSC Location!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.