Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? (3850 Views)

Need Ajegunle Music Like Jogodo,danfo Driver Etc / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / Rock Music Is Satanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by fasttrack(m): 1:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Maya2pretty: ah! Enya, brings back memories, love ha songs but it has dis enchantment to it, like spiritual and all
yea, her music is atimes creepy, but I must say she's good. Haven't had time for music in a long time like back in them school days. Back then,d best way i enjoyed soft rock was wif jack
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by slikcipher(m): 8:06am On Feb 27, 2013
fasttrack:
Dude r u blind, I said not just soft rock before mentioning Maxwell n Enya. Green day, aerosmith, bon jovi, meatloaf, nickleback. G, can go on n on. Have eu heard all her (dido) 3 albums b4 u start ranting

Won't argue with U..... Sorry sir!!!!!
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by rodeo0070(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
*The Script
*Chris Daughtry.
*Creed
*ZZ Top-Roughboy
*Maroon 5
*Linkin Park- all songs
*Seether-Hang on
*Six pence non the richer-Kiss me
*Evanescence- my immortal, Bring me back to life, Going under, Everybody's fool etc.
*Nickleback- the entire "Long road and Dark horse* album, where do I hide, if today was your last day etc
*The Corrs
*Hoobastank
*Uh huh her-Dreamer.

...Not listed in order of preference.

1 Like

Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:16am On Mar 07, 2013
rodeo0070: *The Script
*Chris Daughtry.
*Creed
*ZZ top
*Maroon 5
*Linkin Park- all songs
*Seether-Hang on
*Six pence non the richer-Kiss me
*Evanescence- my immortal, Bring me back to life, Going under, Everybody's fool etc.
*Nickleback- the entire "Long road and Dark horse* album, where do I hide, if today was your last day etc
*The Corrs
*Hoobastank
*Uh huh her-Dreamer.

...Not listed in order of preference.
ur taste is admirable cheesy it shows ur really cool cool
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:18am On Mar 07, 2013
fasttrack: yea, her music is atimes creepy, but I must say she's good. Haven't had time for music in a long time like back in them school days. Back then,d best way i enjoyed soft rock was wif jack
u could just make a playlist selection, on ur phone or PC, so even when busy u could still rock! cool
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by rodeo0070(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Maya2pretty: ur taste is admirable cheesy it shows ur really cool cool
Thanks. I love their videos too.
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by rodeo0070(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
*3 Doors down
*Green Day
*Florence and the Machines
*Dido (Life for rent album and No angel album)
*Leroy (two of his songs used in the TV series "Scrubs")
*Avril Lavigne (my sweetheart, Lol)
*Gavin Degraw (Famous for One tree hill theme song- I don't wanna be)
*Gorillaz
*Remy Zero (loved the track "Somebody Save me", the theme song for the TV series "Smallville".

...to be continued.
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by cyrexx: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Wow,

So, I'm not the only Naija guy who digs rock music. Good to know I am not alone.
These rock songs are my playlists that I shuffle regularly. I have preference for female vocalists

*Michelle Branch : Everywhere, Are You happy now, here with me, all you wanted etc etc
* Anastacia : paid my dues, left outside alone, sick and tired
* Meredith Brooks : bit.ch
* Adam Lambert : what do you want from me
* leanne rimes:can't fight the moonlight.
* Avril lavigne : all the songs in all her albums from "let go" to "under my skin" to "the best damn thing" to "goodbye lullaby ". I just love this babe with all my heart. (hey, rodeo0070 keep off my babe, LOL.)
* natasha Bedingfield : take me away, unwritten.
* jaci velasquez: unspoken, speak for me.
* dc talk: in the light, my deliverer, coloured people, what have we become.
* krystal Myers ; love it away, make some noise.
*Jennifer knapp: undo me.
* britt Nicole : all her songs in all her albums. This girl is sooo good and inspiring.
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Phonon: 8:24am On Mar 08, 2013
My top rock bands in no particular order:

1. Staind
2. Fall Out Boy
3. Foo Fighters
4. Evanescence
5. Avenged Sevenfold
6. Good Charlotte
7. Breaking Benjamin
8. Three Days Grace
9. The All American Rejects
10. Linkin Park
11. Muse
12. Paramore
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by stariobran(f): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
Buck cherry - sorry
Theory of a deadman -wait for me
The calling - wherever you will go
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - your guardian angel
Counting crows - holiday in spain
Robbie williams - advertising space
All American rejects-Straight jacket feeling

Download and listen to these, if you like den beg me for my top 100,000 rock songs.
-yea I have so much more that that
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by rodeo0070(m): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
stariobran: Buck cherry - sorry
Theory of a deadman -wait for me
The calling - wherever you will go
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - your guardian angel
Counting crows - holiday in spain
Robbie williams - advertising space
All American rejects-Straight jacket feeling

Download and listen to these, if you like den beg me for my top 100,000 rock songs.
-yea I have so much more that that

I don't think you can match my 27GIG of my rock songs...lol
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty:
Yeah!!!! I love Coldplay too, Nickelback, Hoobastank, Greenday and uh owl city for just fire flies grin
Owl City isn't a rock band, they are more into electronic or electro-pop. Just like Swedish House Mafia, Goldfish, Aviicii etc. Hmmm.......You like Coldplay, Nickelback, Hoobastank; seems like you are more into Alternative rock, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2014
Paroman: Owl City isn't a rock band, they are more into electronic or electro-pop. Just like Swedish House Mafia, Goldfish, Aviicii etc. Hmmm.......You like Coldplay, Nickelback, Hoobastank; seems like you are more into Alternative rock, right? undecided
yup yup........Snow Patrol, The Script , Rascal Flatts kiss daughtry grin Hinder, Three Doors Down, Switchfoot, e.t.c But Coldplay is my best rock band sha
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: yup yup........Snow Patrol, The Script , Rascal Flatts kiss daughtry grin Hinder, Three Doors Down, Switchfoot, e.t.c But Coldplay is my best rock band sha
Hmmm, other than Rascal Flatts, I've got more than ten songs on my playlist of each of the artiste you mentioned, except Coldplay-got their whole albums cheesy. You do Indie rock too?
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2014
Paroman: Hmmm, other than Rascal Flatts, I've got more than ten songs on my playlist of each of the artiste you mentioned, except Coldplay-got their whole albums cheesy. You do Indie rock too?
Not really sha.....Rock music ROCKS!!!!! grin

Sometimes I wish we could have a rock concert in Nigeria, like bring Coldplay to naija grin grin cool
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: Not really sha.....Rock music ROCKS!!!!! grin

Sometimes I wish we could have a rock concert in Nigeria, like bring Coldplay to naija grin grin cool
It won't be that easy to bring a foreign rock band to Nigeria: blacks generally do not like rock music that much sad. Except maybe later when you become an MD of Union Bank grin or some other big corporation and you invite like lets say ..errrrrrr..... 3 doors down to come perform at una end-of-the-year party or AGM. I won't totally rule out the possibility of a rock concert happening soon in Naija though, maybe we can start by inviting Seether (A south African rock band representing and doing extremely well in obodo oyinbo) grin. Ever heard of them? undecided
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Paroman: It won't be that easy to bring a foreign rock band to Nigeria: blacks generally do not like rock music that much sad. Except maybe later when you become an MD of Union Bank grin or some other big corporation and you invite like lets say ..errrrrrr..... 3 doors down to come perform at una end-of-the-year party or AGM. I won't totally rule out the possibility of a rock concert happening soon in Naija though, maybe we can start by inviting Seether (A south African rock band representing and doing extremely well in obodo oyinbo) grin. Ever heard of them? undecided
yeah, a friend told me about them.... hahahahahhahaha, till dat time
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: yeah, a friend told me about them.... hahahahahhahaha, till dat time
ok na cheesy wink cool
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2014
Maroon 5 remind me of someone i wd like to forget till thy kingdom come, so I'm not into dem anymore

I love coldplay, lifehouse and linkin park

1 Like

Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
tayormi: Maroon 5 remind me of someone i wd like to forget till thy kingdom come, so I'm not into dem anymore

I love coldplay, lifehouse and linkin park
Maroon 5 lol

Coldplay ohhhh grin grin They are official my best rock band, Chris Martin is phenomenal
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Maya2pretty: Maroon 5 lol

Coldplay ohhhh grin grin They are official my best rock band, Chris Martin is phenomenal

kiss

1 Like

Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Fourcade(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
@Paroman
What are your top five Seether songs? cheesy
I've got their albums too. . .I don't see people mentioning it here!

@Tayormi
Same goes to you. . .i've got Lifehouse's Albums. . .ALL! cool Your top five from Lifehouse!

I singled these two out 'cuz others are popular.

Just give me your top five. . .'cuz i've got my favorites from them too!

Maya2pretty. . .your Rock thread survived the attack grin Have you found any hard Rock band yet? You need to shake your head and act crazy once in a while. grin
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Fourcade(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
rodeo0070:

I don't think you can match my 27GIG of my rock songs...lol

27gjg? shocked for just rock songs abi na Rock songs,music videos and their Live Concerts?
Do you download the Band's discography from torrents? I download their discography from torrents but not for all bands.
Mine isn't exactly together but i download their official music videos and Live concerts. . .Which bands do you listen to? cheesy
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Fourcade: @Paroman
What are your top five Seether songs? cheesy
I've got their albums too. . .I don't see people mentioning it here!
1) Broken
2) Rise above this
3) Country song
4) Fake it
5) Careless whisper

yeah my official top 5 seether songs. cheesy cool

ok lemme add my top 5 lifehouse songs, even though you no ask me grin
1) Broken (I no know why rock artistes them dey like to dey give their songs this title grin)

2) You and me
3)Between the raindrops ft Natasha Bedinfield
4) Hanging by a moment
5) Blind cool
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 03, 2014
Maya2pretty: Maroon 5 lol

I'm not surprised, almost all women I know that are into rock music like coldplay a lot. Seems it is only my younger sister that I know of that would take lets say errrrrrr Breaking Benjamin or AlterBridge over Coldplay. cheesy

Hope you got a favourable mail from UB ma'am? undecided
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fourcade:

@Tayormi
Same goes to you. . .i've got Lifehouse's Albums. . .ALL! cool Your top five from Lifehouse!

Sky is falling, broken, blind ........those 3 are my favourite
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Fourcade(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
@Paroman and Tayormi

selecting a top 5 was difficult for me cuz i love all of their albums.No Name Face(2000) is my best album while my least preferred is Almeria(2012)

My top five from Lifehouse is

- Sick Cycle Carousel
- Simon
- Whatever it takes
-All in
- Take me Away

I'm tempted to include honorable mentions grin
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
....casting crowns introduce me to ROCKS. (y'all know casting crowns),... Now i do listen to secular rocks thanks to Metro fm, 97.7
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by ebosse(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don't know what category to place "Owl city".. Probably Pop but this dude makes the best da*mn music in the world ( Rap music aside) !!!!!
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
ebosse: I don't know what category to place "Owl city".. Probably Pop but this dude makes the best da*mn music in the world ( Rap music aside) !!!!!
Owl City is actually an electronic band or you can call it Electro-pop. Just like Goldfish and Avicii
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Ghost01(m): 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
The National; The Who ('Baba O'Riley' is one of my favourite songs ever); Bon Jovi (Why won't I? I'm practically 'Livin' On A Prayer' these days. lol); Switchfoot; Mumford & Sons (These guys are so so so awesome): Coldplay; Owl City (Even the stars are leaning down to kiss me tonight); Keane; et al. And for country, Lady Antebellum anyday. grin
Re: R There Other Lovers Of Rock Music Like Myself In Nairaland? by Maya2pretty(f): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Paroman:
1) Broken
2) Rise above this
3) Country song
4) Fake it
5) Careless whisper

yeah my official top 5 seether songs. cheesy cool

ok lemme add my top 5 lifehouse songs, even though you no ask me grin
1) Broken (I no know why rock artistes them dey like to dey give their songs this title grin)

2) You and me
3)Between the raindrops ft Natasha Bedinfield
4) Hanging by a moment
5) Blind cool
I love cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Q Dot Kurukere / Password - Gobe (the Original Gobe Song It Self) / Mp3 Download Maryjane Reloaded – Tigerman Ft Okpo Record Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.