Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (83941 Views)

Careers In Public Health / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by albacete(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yeecar:
PLease what's HSE

It is the short form of Range Rover Sport 4.6 HSE.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by tantita(m): 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Broker...# am a Kidnapping broker.made sooooooo much ..try it! go on..! it's so easy..good tin is u dnt nid capital 2 start jst gud knowledge of d creeks..#watching complete season 2 of d emotional life of rocks.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by hollypagan: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
SSS JOB PAID WELL
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by hardbody: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
Papilo87: After a few weeks of research and comparisons we release a list of the best paying jobs to watch out for in 2013. The rating is based on what entry to mid level personnel earned in these jobs in 2012.

We have considered entry level to mid level pay ranges in our projections below.

We consulted various Nigerian forums and professional websites, did interviews with insiders on the various concerned industries plus indepth analysis of the salary ranges for the thousands of jobs published on Ngcareers.com in 2012 to arrive at this list. However the list is by no means absolute but a well researched projection of jobs that will be considered most lucrative in 2013 based on the information gleaned from various sources.

Here’s our List of Best Paid Jobs To Know About in 2013
No 1: Investment Bankers

Investment bankers help companies, governments and their agencies to raise money by issuing and selling securities in the primary market. They assist public and private corporations in raising funds in the capital markets (both equity and debt), as well as in providing strategic advisory services for mergers, acquisitions and other types of financial transactions.” They mostly work in Hedge Funds, Banks, Asset Management companies, Investment advisory and consulting firms etc. Mid level or more senior investment bankers can pull in around N13 million in annual pay (bonuses not included).

Salary: N4.5 – N8.64 million

No 2: Commercial Airline Pilots
Pilots may be earning less than some years back but in Nigeria as plans for more airlines in the aviation sector come in place in 2013 pilots with a good number of flight hours behind them will earn more. Pilots with more flight hours could earn upwards of N11 million per annum

Salary Range: N3.8 – N7.4 million per annum

No 3. Telecom/IT Engineers
IT engineers are responsible for the implementation of all software and hardware solutions in an organisation and the position may include training, hardware/software, administration duties and support.
As the IT and telecom industries wax stronger in 2013 skilled IT and Telecom engineers will be more in demand and earn more.

Salary range: N3.6 – N6.9 million

No 4. Hackers & Programmers
The demand for programmers well versed in Javascript, PHP, Java and JQuery is on the increase and we predict a more lucrative atmosphere for highly skilled ethical hackers and programmers. Ethical Hackers are rarer to find in Nigeria and the situation will not likely improve much in 2013. Ethical Hackers work to improve cyber security, prevent security breaches and maintain security of web and online platforms

Salary range: N2.8 – N6.48 million

No 5. Project Managers
Project Managers most time plan, lead a team and execute on varied projects within their organisations. While Project managers’ salaries vary depending on the prestige of the company Senior Project Managers are expected to be well experienced managers who most time carry out and supervise ambitious projects ranging from setup up new manufacturing plants to roll out of telecom products and so on. Senior Project Manager jobs in Telecom, big Manufacturing firms, oil & gas, banking, FCMG earn big pay packets

Salary Range: N3.45 – N6.45 million per annum

No 6. Petroleum/Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineers (Oil and Gas)
Whether working in the upstream or downstream Engineers in the Oil industry will continue to take home bigger pay packets. Highly skilled engineers in mechanical, electrical and petrochemical areas of engineering will be among the best paid jobs in Nigeria

Salary range: N3.5 – N6.3 million

No 7. Physicians – Obstetrics/Gynecologists
Examines female patients to ensure a healthy reproductive system. Monitors patient during prenatal, natal and postnatal periods and performs tests and prescribes medication and treatment, as necessary. Delivers babies, determining the method most appropriate to ensure health and safety of both infant and mother. Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Pay varies greatly depending on area of practice.

Salary range: N3 – N6.2 million

Credit:
Payscale
Nairaland
Interviews with Industry personnel
NGcareers (3000+ job vacancies published by over 1000 companies/recruiters in 2012)

http://blog.ngcareers.com/689/exclusive-best-paid-jobs-in-nigeria-to-know-about-in-2013/

If what i have seen and read here is true, then i should go home and beg God to forgive me. I am earning very well and higher than the ranges i am seeing here still i am shouting that i want more. God i thank you oo.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by mystikal(m): 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
Oil n Gas is not that easy to assign a salary range for. People there even at entry level earn more than 12 million naira Per annum, others in the same sector earn far less.

Pilots are cool
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by euphoria: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
@Op Upstream Oil & Gas is min of 15m. Pls do your research properly.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
what of oil mongering?
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
A neurosurgeon in us annual salary range from 500,000usdollar -680,000usdollar. here in nigeria it is not more than 25,000usdollar.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by lovemeohlord(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
How much does an architect earn per month please.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Mavor: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
JideTheBlogger: PDP Engineers nko grin grin ??
lol!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by karlnyeno: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Cocain professionals
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by manny4life(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Messilo: A neurosurgeon in us annual salary range from 500,000usdollar -680,000usdollar. here in nigeria it is not more than 25,000usdollar.

Neurosurgeon with how many years of experience with successful portfolio, plus written several medical journals or is it entry/mid career, which?
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by karlnyeno: 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Union Bank contract staff earn 60k per month and some month u may have shortage that may be closed 2 dat. So wat will be their sal per anum? Core staff earn 87k, no shortage cos they re not in any transaction dat involve cash payment
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Bigboy100: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Wch kind lawyers? Not again o, the rich ones are those that have stayed very long in d profession and have gotten well connected. An average lawyer today dont earn 1million a day,lie lie.
My sister , he has some element of truth in his statement. Most senior lawyers are either millionaires or billionaires, if one is lucky. Cos as a lawyer you boundary is limitless. However , that doesn't mean all of them are on that level, some of them are dead broke. But most of the SAN's around are mega-rich peeps ,some of them earn upto 1 million dollars for a single case in Nigeria . The chamber my friend works with in Kaduna has a 'Debt Recovery' matter at hand and the principal will be earning 450 milliom naira from that single suit . If you really work hard as a lawyer and study very well to improve your knowledge, you will surely be among the cream-of-the-crop . Some Law Chambers in The UK or The US like May N Jones or Baker and McKenzie make over a billion pounds annually . NB:Lawyers and Surgeons should also ne on this damn list .
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by mkoabiola: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Few are collecting millions while most are collecting 40k monthly.
Wat an irony of life.SMH.
God de.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
guys bone......directional drillers are the highest paid highest. the only job that pays more is the job of senators and corrupt civil service career, the directional driller are highest paid. you can imagine the least directional driller with halliburton, schlumberger and baker hughes earn as little as 50k per day and and as much as 100k per day. I know some with major operators that earn $1200 per day. go and find out. investment banker what?
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by InvertedHammer: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life: Hmm, if this is the highest paid, with million competing for very few jobs, there's trouble o.

Investment bankers, pilots, medical doctors in the U.S. make way more than that... sorry o, one man business works for me.

There are 50 States in USA. California as a state is atleastt 10x a bigger economy than Nigeria. So why are you comparing salary in Nigeria and USA. You might as well compare the economy of Lagos State and Ungwan-Rimi village in Plateau state. mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by DejiOluyem(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Pls i will like to learn from you, i just get a job to market private placement for a national non-interest bank in Nigeria just about establishing. I pls need ur guidance bro.
yuzedo: Na wa o! I work in Investment Banking/Private Equity and i never chop belle full! undecided
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by manny4life(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
InvertedHammer:

There are 50 States in USA. California as a state is atleastt 10x a bigger economy than Nigeria. So why are you comparing salary in Nigeria and USA. You might as well compare the economy of Lagos State and Ungwan-Rimi village in Plateau state. mtcheeew

Have you finished mtcheeew -ing? Smh at stupidity
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by disboy: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
vitality22:
Are you expecting a job at your age? you should be in your class taking your integrated science subject now because your 'first to comment' statement shows you are a boy

grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by stronger9: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
the money the OP mentioned here per annum is small money. I am a lawyer and I earn far much more than the highest paid person mentioned in the OP categories
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by pedor(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
undecidedWhat abt diplomat
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Yeske2(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Na lie,doctors in Onitsha earn between 2m to 3m pa. Medical officers na im i dey talk o no be consultant.
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by buoye1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
murphybo: First to comment... I just pray God should give us better job and let our economy be controlled by good people
. U must be a learner and who told you U r d 1st person to cmmnt?
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Fpersiee(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
wat s d news here naw? lipsrsealed
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Nosyke(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well, nobody is saying about the NGO world, some of us would want to know the differences in remuneration between DFID, USAID, AUSAID funded projects.
Maybe a breakdown from a Programe Assistant down to a Programe Manager then to a Chief of PArty would be just fine. Gurus in the house please help
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by Dove1: 12:09am On Feb 21, 2013
What of Nigerian Police/Customs?
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by dagr8(m): 12:32am On Feb 21, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Thanks a million...hw can someone b comparing USA to Nigeria in dis case...besides d standard of living in dose places is relatively higher
Re: Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 by KoolEmcee: 1:19am On Feb 21, 2013
I think d research was well done n d figures actually matches what's happening, buh it it not account for a lot of other booming sectors and the salary ranges are kinda to ambiguous. is d range for only entry level or includes mid n senior level employees? 'cos dat oil and gas figure is jus wrong, except it was meant for the cleaners.lolz!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Dry Cleaner Returns Money He Found In A Client's Pocket (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.