Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora (2418 Views)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Dear Diary ------ By Adaora Chima Precious / The Pain Of Pleasure - A Must Read For Every Lady And Her Boyfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by FoxyRebirth(m): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
Adaora sat under the wing of their dusty balcony;staring into an old photo of her dead mother,flood of tears rolling down her cheeks,locked in her memory are wishes heaped like an anthill, if only she could turn back the hands of time;perhaps, her mother would have still be there for her, if she can strike a bargain with death; probably, her mother would still be breathing. Adaora has refused to accept the fact that her beautiful mother is dead nor would she stop blaming herself for the death of her mother. It has been 3years her mother left for a journey beyound and Adaora still feel her like she just left yesterday.

On that fateful morning, Adaora was getting ready to go to work, staring into her hand mirrow, putting final touches to her already powdered face, looking so beautiful with her light pink lip gloss and her pointed nose; her sick mother lay on the bed watching her beautiful daughter dress for work. "Adamma,what will happen if you stay with me today without going to work",she grumbled "mama,you know i would really love to stay with you,if not just that i must go and get money for your drugs and other things,remember i still need to pay Chinedu's school fees" Adaora whispered to her mother rejecting the feeling that she's abondoning the poor woman to the claws of loneliness and boredom. "Am sorry i've to leave you but i'll return before you know it" she smiled and kissed her mother on the forehead;her mother managed to smile,holding back tears building up. "Go well my daughter and may heaven continue to bless and protect you for me", she said "Amen" Adaora chorused. Ada picked up her handbag and left for work that day without knowing she would never meet her mother at home again.

It was barely 5hrs she left for work, wen she recieved a call that changed her life and left her wishing for a mother she would never have again. In her haste to leave for work,she forgot to keep her mother's drugs where she can easily reach it,her weak mother was struggling to bring down the bag hung on the wall where the drugs are kept,she slipped and hit her head on a chair and collapsed. Neighbours rushed her to a nearby hospital where she was battling between staying alive and embracing the sweetened cruel cold hands of death;the call left Adaora shivering from head to toe with giant goose pimples all over her body, she rushed to the hospital;on getting there,the condition of her mother left her weeping hysterically begging her mother to stay with her,her feeble mother managed to smile,"my dear, i promised myself not to give up untill i see you again, please donot blame yourself for whatever happened,God knows best,i wish i can fight it but am too weak to fight,the wind is so cold now that my body is freezing,the sun is so cruel that my eyes wish to be shut, i can't feel myself nor seem to conjure your image,please take good care of your siblings especially your younger brother Chinedu, i Love you so much and don't ever make the same mistake i made in marriage" she grumbled inbetween dying breath and with this last words she left her daughter screaming and sobbing her eyes out.

Since that day, Adaora's life has been in shambles, she can't stop crying, the funeral went in a swift and the remains of mother was laid to rest. She treasured every moment she spent with her mother; perhaps, if she had stayed with her mother that day,she wouldn't have slipped;probably, the could have been a recovery miracle. If she is given a golden chance to wish for anything, she would wish to have her mother back. Adaora was crying painfully, clutching her younger brother not minding that the little boy was squirming from discomfort,he is her golden responsibility and she love him with every breath left in her. The memories of her mother keep coming back to her, locked in a closet like a stone is the moments they spent together in her dusty "DIARY"

3 Likes

Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
Una no dey compliment something like this..... Is it all the time you expect funny stories? undecided undecided
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by BukkyDan(f): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: Una no dey compliment something like this..... Is it all the time you expect funny stories? undecided undecided

hahahaha, okay...you have my comment.
Nice work you've got here.
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2013
Nice work, abeg carry on...
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by Ernestedetyahoocom(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
i love this, u got me right there*
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by Ernestedetyahoocom(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
pls my fellow nairalanders i appreciate all ur good works here, but i hav some writeups here to publish but dnt knw how to go abt it
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by Michelle55: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2013
kip it dear!!!!!!
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by xyuche: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2013
a constructive one.God loves her more than you think you do
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by augustinaamudah: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Rily touching.dat is hw i always wish 2 hav my mum bck.
Re: The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora by kingphilip(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2013
This is really touchy i must confess come carry on bro abi na d end be dis

(1) (Reply)

Kobo For Your Books / Coincidence / Read Mhiztaemy Blow Mind Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.