Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Nurses Protest On Internship - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses Protest On Internship (1272 Views)

Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / Post Info. On Internship Recruitment For Pharmacists, House Officers & Others / FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nurses Protest On Internship by ffrreeee(f): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
Can someone update me on d nurses protest going on in Abuja on Internship?
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by Sinachmalin(f): 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yes i'm amng d protesters, nursing council must aprove our intenship dis year.
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by plendil: 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
wetin una wan carry internship do??
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by ffrreeee(f): 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sinachmalin: Yes i'm amng d protesters, nursing council must aprove our intenship dis year.
nice one and weldon. So, what's the latest gist about it. I heard d only problem that remains is with the ministry of establishment. Have you been able to solve it?
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by ffrreeee(f): 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
plendil: wetin una wan carry internship do??
google the answer. Smh
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by Sinachmalin(f): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
So wetin doctors and med. Lab scientist wan do wit their house manship and house job?
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by JoannaSedley(f): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2013
^^ what do you expect him to say? Great nurses!!!! Ride on.
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by plendil: 10:20am On Feb 24, 2013
Sinachmalin: So wetin doctors and med. Lab scientist wan do wit their house manship and house job?

Its part of their training as embedded in their curriculum. It clearly states what every doctor (housemanship in thier case), pharmacist, lab scientist, radiologist will be doing doing the period of their internship.

In the case of nurses that is yet to be seen. You all just want to join the 'bandwangon' as it were because of the little change that comes along. harsh but tru
Re: Nurses Protest On Internship by JoannaSedley(f): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Here we have a vital part of health team agitating for inclusion into the internship program available to all vital health workers to gain clinical experience and your are making reference on money. Unbelievable.
Though, money might have a minimal part to play but it is not the main reason. Of recent most nurses are being train at the university level unlike when it was exclusively done by nursing schools. So i think it is high time those nurses gain more experience to make them more marketable.
It's in their curiculum waiting for implementatio. I think what the government is afriad of is the huge population of nurses.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefit Of Bitter Kola. / World Sickle Cell Day / Tired Of Taking Pills And Need A Natural, Fast Effective, Non-swallow Drugs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.