Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? (17609 Views)

Is This The Best Dance Choreography For Psquare's Personally Song / Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa / Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2008
I am a dancer and dancing is my passion. In my days of dancing in Nigeria, I have seen SOD, Alien Nation in OAU Ife, Factor 493 in UI, GP [/b]in Unaab, [b]Royal Dancers in Ibadan, Explicit which came out from Royal Dancers in Ibadan, Ambassage in OAU Ife, R-crew in Lagos (I miss those guys), Winners Chapel dance group.

Later on, I met MASK in Lagos, could not make it for their rehearsals in one area of Yaba. Then later on got to know a member of Kafees dance group. To me her gra gra in dancing is too much though. undecided Later on, I danced with [b]3Gs [/b]in Ibadan for a short while, but mostly I was a solo dancer/performer.

Then I met Wale rubber, I must say he is very good.

So please which is the best dance group at the moment? If you got pictures, please post. I can't wait to start my Salsa dance school in naija soon. cool
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2008
Sorry but is this thread meant to ask a question or a short summary of ur dancing abilities? grin

I thought SOD was the best at one point but with time i thought Ambassage did a better job.
Havent been so much a dance connoisseur but i enjoyed GP . . . you guys did an incredible job.

Does Yinka still dance?
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2008
4Him:

Sorry but is this thread meant to ask a question or a short summary of your dancing abilities? grin

I thought SOD was the best at one point but with time i thought Ambassage did a better job.
Havent been so much a dance connoisseur but i enjoyed GP . . . you guys did an incredible job.

Does Yinka still dance?
Many thanks for the response. cheesy Actually it is a combination of all. Just remembering those days, and I just wanted to know what is happening now.

As for Shette, the guy joined SOD in London, but he has left them now. Age don wear him down. grin grin I have been telling him to leave the stage ever since Uni days. Just using stronghead. grin grin
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by adesodgi(m): 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2008
hEy gUYs i lOve dAncInG tOo aND i mOst sAy aM veRy goOd. dO yOU kNOw hOw i cAn gEt IN tOUch wItH tHe lOndOn bAsEd SOD. jSt tO hAnG aRouNd dUriNg mY lEsS BuSY tImEs.

tHanKs dUdEs.
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2008
I think there are one or two members in House on the Rock in London. You can google it out for directions. I can help you find out though and post it here.

Where you in any dance group too? Which one?
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
@Adesodgi

ahahah you good dancer, who dash you tongue.

To confirm whether you can dance why don't you make a video on you tube so we can all judge you

@topic

My mom junior sister use to dance but i think it called “bata” before she moved abroad in 1999

The dancing studio was around Apapa road, forgot the name of the group but they were pretty group, saw one of their performance before and it was marvelous, especially to those that enjoy culture dance

@pahtahkee
Am still not convince you are a dancer until i see a clip of one of your dances

Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2008
@tRoOE
Wetin u dey feel like? Are u a dancer urself? smiley smiley
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2008
tRoOE:

@pahtahkee
Am still not convince you are a dancer until i see a clip of one of your dances

Haha my online dance videos. Seriously I have to upload one soon. I am tired of seeing some of these wack videos online. Are you a dancer yourself? cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
So, WHO ARE THE DANCERS? IDENTIFY YOURSELVES.
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 12:29am On Mar 23, 2008
mactao:

@tRoOE
Wetin u dey feel like? Are u a dancer yourself? smiley smiley
No am not a dancer, but i have a lot of dancers in my family and i grew up among them

My little sister is my inspiration when it comes to dancing, the girl is only 7yrs but she does all kind of dance from Yoruba, bata, street dressing, stepping, hip pop, jazz, all kind of dance you can name it

pahtahkee:

Haha my online dance videos. Seriously I have to upload one soon. I am tired of seeing some of these wack videos online. Are you a dancer yourself? cheesy
Plz hurry and post it tongue

Too many wack dancers doing the same dance routine in videos.

I don't know if you've heard of this show, dance crew well you can check it online at www.dancecrew.mtv.com , it’s really nice

No oh, i won't consider my chicken dance as a good dancer
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ TrOoE,
If I can hit the dance club this coming weekend, and I remember to carry my video camera, trust me you would be the first to get my video on youtube. cheesy

Happy Easter to you and everybody else.
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2008
@pahtahkee

Oh cool, abeg find time and hit the club, don't forget your camera.

But seriously am trying to see your moves
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by adesodgi(m): 1:27am On Mar 24, 2008
@tRoOE

yOu DoNt WaNna sEE Me DaNcE. DuNNo If aNYoNe kNOws ArOuNd HeRe. . .UsE tO dAncE wItH thE "lIgHt" BuT sToPeD aT aN eArLy AgE wHeN MuM sTaRtEd CoMpLaInng, . . . . .lol, fUnNy DaIz!
cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 2:07am On Mar 24, 2008
@Adesodgi

Abeg post your video jare angry tongue, lol i don't even see u as a dancer

Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by MojiEsther(f): 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2008
Well, S.O.D is the first gospel dance ministry/club -i guess- and they are still kicking. Then theres faithbond -out of Yabatech- I love those guyz, they are more of dance ministers. If u knw what i mean.
It depends on what you want but if its secular i recommend DNMT, those guyz are bad. Yes Kaffy's gra gra is too much but i think shes a wonderful solo dancer. As regards her group, nothing. Theres no communion. undecided
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2008
MojiEsther:

Well, S.O.D is the first gospel dance ministry/club -i guess- and they are still kicking. Then theres faithbond -out of Yabatech- I love those guys, they are more of dance ministers. If u knw what i mean.
It depends on what you want but if its secular i recommend DNMT, those guys are bad. Yes Kaffy's gra gra is too much but i think shes a wonderful solo dancer. As regards her group, nothing. Theres no communion. undecided
I do not think SOD was the first gospel dance ministry. You talk like one in a dance group as well. I have heard of Faith Bond. Unfortunately never saw them minister though. The leader of R-crew told me about them. Which group is DNMT?

Can anyone please tell me what is the latest in Dance Ministry and Dance performance in Nigeria now?
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by markolini(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2008
can some one hook me up wif a dance, a really good one pls, am startin to get rusty, heres my number 08066072851, nite calls allowed, pls d group has got to be in lagos
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2008
Is SOD spirit or sword of David Just want to know, thanks smiley

tRoOE:

Too many wack dancers doing the same dance routine in videos.

[b]I don't know if you've heard of this show, dance crew well you can check it online at www.dancecrew.mtv.com , it’s really nice[/b]No oh, i won't consider my chicken dance as a good dancer

Jabbawockeezzzzz won tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2008
stillwater:

Is SOD spirit or sword of David Just want to know, thanks smiley

Spirit of David.
There can only be one David wink
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2008
There can only be one David wink

Yeah and he died centuries ago cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2008
markolini:

can some one hook me up with a dance, a really good one please, am startin to get rusty, heres my number 08066072851, night calls allowed, please d group has got to be in lagos
What kind of dance group are you looking for? A Gospel dance club or a Circular/Social dance crew?

But if you are getting rusty, I will suggest you undergo personal trainings yourself. I do it a lot, to keep my flexibility in shape.
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2008
stillwater:

Yeah and he died centuries ago cheesy

He lives thru me. grin
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
Kill a goliath first and I will believe cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by markolini(m): 12:06am On Mar 29, 2008
i think i'll prefer gospel,
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 12:46am On Mar 29, 2008
stillwater:

Kill a goliath first and I will believe cheesy

Only if i get the king's daughter and half the kingdom in return. tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 29, 2008
Your wish is humbly granted cheesy where is my goliath cheesy tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 1:34am On Mar 29, 2008
@ 4Him & Stillwater,
Could you please stick to the topic or move somewhere else? wink

markolini:

i think i'll prefer gospel,
I will make some contacts with some of my friends and see how it goes. Hopefully I should send an email to you latest next week.
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 1:35am On Mar 29, 2008
stillwater:

Your wish is humbly granted cheesy where is my goliath cheesy tongue

Allow me to see the lass first and double my weight in gold and i shall fetch you ur goliath.  wink
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 1:35am On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ 4Him & Stillwater,

I wish there were private rooms . . . dont u think so stillwater? cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ 4Him & Stillwater,

Opps sorry.

4Him:

I wish there were private rooms . . . don't u think so stillwater? cheesy

Don't derail this thread. Pahtahkee is annoyed. cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by pahtahkee: 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2008
stillwater:

Opps sorry.

Don't derail this thread. Pahtahkee is annoyed. cheesy
Thanks for the understanding. You have displayed a higher level of reasoning. Well appreciated. wink

@ Topic,
For those willing to learn the simple basic dance moves and steps, below is a youtube link that teaches fundamental dance moves in most of the musical videos we watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0kThUMJP1I&feature=related
Re: Which Is The Best Dance Group In Nigeria? by snazzydawn(f): 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2008
there are many dance groups I know about; Dredge, Free to fly, Pure gold, Soul dance spiritual, but in my opinion, Spirit of David is the best in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2018 Soundcity Awards: Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Nasty C, Nominated (FULL List) / DJ Kaywise Drum Kits 2019 For Nigerian & African Djs / Where Can I Download Foreign Songs Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.