Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Help On 6260 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help On 6260 (3080 Views)

Hello My People,i Have Received Many Conplaint That Nokia 6260 Is Hard To Brouse But That Is All Lie / I Need A Software 4 My 6260 / Nokia 6260:pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On 6260 by noel76(m): 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2008
guys and gals in da house please i need ur help once again on my nokia 6260.my soft keys (key pads, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,*,#,green and red are ok) each time i try to exit, it shows delete and when i click on options it goes to menu, though it works well some time. please what do i do cos i tried formatting bt d problem is still there.
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2008
I know watz wrong with it and am very sure,  If u unscrew the upper part,i mean the screen compartment,u going to see anothe screwed white plastic,it looks like panel and that is where the keypads(direction,mark,select,clear,exit and options) are,u going to see a small panel after unsrewing the white plastic,simply unplug the panel,  be careful o! unplug it from the flex because the flex is under the panel and there is a socket on it,once u unplug the panel with the socket,your flex is gone and thats 500naira to get another one but uwont see original,only if they will remuv it frm anothe new phone, unplug the panel from the flex gently,after removing it,check the underneath of the panel,where there is a small plus,its somehow plated,use a screwdriver to scratch it a little,do it round then fix it back,  Goodluck!
Re: Help On 6260 by DualCore1: 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2008
i'm suspecting tht small stuff attached to the flex, like a switch, its actually that thing that lets the phone know if u've folded the phone or if u've flipped it. anyhow sha just be careful with that flex, first dey i opened my 6260 i cut the flex, and man to fix that flex no be beans, cUz of the twist thing. just be careful wink
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2008
engineers. . . flex is dangerous,
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2008
follow sisqo's instruction & heed Dual Core's advice
or better still give it to the nearest "capable hands" to do it for u . . . If u chose to do it yaself, 1st go buy a substitute flex(just in case)
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 12:44am On Mar 17, 2008
Ican change the flex,i changed mine up to 7times simply because i ddnt get the original flex, u cant simply get d original flex! Eventho u giv an engineer,they will charge u nutin less than 2k5,the 1st time i changed my own flex,the engineer collected 3k5, it got damaged about 3wks time,i opened myself and went for another flex,heard it was 500naira, jeez,was so angry,so i changed it,when changn it,i spoilt it, i went for another one again b4 i cld do it well, after that,i changd it up to 8times simply because they are all fake,if the power button dsnt get damage,speaker wil stop workin or those directional keys, So wot do u wana do?
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 12:48am On Mar 17, 2008
man, u need a capable hand.
Drag, is jst around d corner.
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 5:24am On Mar 17, 2008
sisqology, 7 times within what time interval?? I knw there's hardly the 'original' flex out there,but there are those that culd still take you for at least two months or even more(if u take the neccessary cautions) which I doubt u did ,
hayprof, .huh.??
ma' hands 're tied tongue
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 5:25am On Mar 17, 2008
sisqology, 7 times within what time interval?? I knw there's hardly the 'original' flex out there,but there are those that culd still take you for at least two months or even more(if u take the neccessary cautions) which I doubt u did ,
hayprof, .huh.??
ma' hands 're tied tongue
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 6:09am On Mar 17, 2008
@dragnet,if its about the real flex,it lasts up to 2months,but most of mine was just unlucky as per the power key, 2small pins are holding the power on the flex and whenever u fold the flex into its container,u will need to bend that part too,the original flex has something underneath that power point,its something like a strong paper which the fake doesnt has,it protects that part of the flex and make it stronger,but fake flex, grrrr!!! During my own time,most of the flex had power prob
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2008
jst ignore d power key.
is it a must u put dat phn on 0ff?
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 7:40am On Mar 17, 2008
jst ignore d power key.
is it a must u put dat phn on 0ff?
Re: Help On 6260 by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2008
Re: Help On 6260 by DualCore1: 10:32am On Mar 17, 2008
hayprof:

jst ignore d power key.
is it a must u put that phn on 0ff?
nigga is u nutz? angry

erm, only changed flex once and by myself, but can't remember how many times i had to rip the phone apart to get the hinge to work well, u know when ya flip the phone, u should hear those click click sounds along the way. but if the hinge ain't right, ya ain't hearing no click clicks, fact is, the phone ain't flipping right no more until ya fix the hinge right.
Re: Help On 6260 by funkybaby(f): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2008
@y'all

Sorry to breeze in.

Please, I need help with my nokia 6230i. The keypads began misbehaving i guess as a result of playing games for so long on it. I press key 1, what i see on the screen is 'menu', i press zero, i see delete.

I opened the casing and i mistakingly peeled off that white 'nylon' seal on the phone board and also removed all the 'silver little dots' on the white nylon.

Anyone knows its possible to replace the white seal and if i can do it myself?

The phone still comes on-just that the keypads are totally useless.

Thanks.
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2008
if u close to d village, its a better place to restore ur phn's keypads, frm wat i can see.
i can post u a contact, bt later.
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2008
I'd hav told u her wht to do. . . . .If only she was a boy it culda been easier
those little silver discs & nt 'silver little dots' grin are ur keypad connectors . . . . . . . .uhm . . . .uhm take it to the nearest 'capable hands'
Re: Help On 6260 by funkybaby(f): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2008
@ dragnet and hayprof

Thanks. I really hate dealing with phone repairers. They always seem to spoil something else on the phone in the process of fixing the initial fault.

Dragnet, please tell me what to do. Dont underestimate my technical skills because i be woman oh! grin
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
@funkybabe, forget about the phone,throw it into the nearest dustbin becos if u give any engineer,they will just sold lead on the panel and it wont work well still,
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
Prof,is it possible 4u not to put ur fone on and off?
Re: Help On 6260 by noel76(m): 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2008
@sisquo & d house, thanks for ur replies, i actually did what u said around 2.58 am 2day, and till now my phone is working perfectly well.

thanks once again bro.
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2008
sisqology, . . . .wrong assumption
wuld anybody just put lead anywhere on the pcb without any reason??
funky, . . .brb
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
@sisq, i am always online mobily, so d on / off option on my phne is of no essence @ this time.
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
@prof, Remember u are in nigeria,do u wana tell me u've never had problem with phcn before that is gonna make ur fone go off?
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2008
@dragnet, no,u will aw to put it on where the keypad is goona be, It wont work well,take it or take it

@thread poster, u are welcome
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2008
sisqology, the fact that u might 've had a 'tragic phone' event doesnt mean thats the way its gona be througout. . . . . .and hey putting lead on the keypad interface?? Hu did dat??
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
Fbby, I believe those 'little dots'(it made me laugh when she called 'em dt way) dnt exist again abi?? .bt u still got that sticky white covering??
Re: Help On 6260 by dragnet: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2008
And if I must add. . . . .the situation of ur phone is not so serious (even ma' sis wuld fix it) bt it depends on wht u got. . . .just ans the questns I earlier asked . . . . One more thing . .after removing the white seal, I'm quite sure u can see gold-like perimeters with circles in them?? Those are d keypad interfaces. . . .the 'little dots' are what conects d perimeter wit d circle whenevr u depress a key thereby . . .bla bla bla
so the question is. . . .are all the gold-like perimetrs n circles still plain n shiny?? Do u notice any kind of moisture,oxidatn or rust on their surfaces??
Re: Help On 6260 by DualCore1: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2008
funkybabe

get this thing replaced at the villa.

or better still i could fix it for u over dinner. wink
but note, i will not take responsibilities for all ma actions if if if if if if if if if if if if . . .
Re: Help On 6260 by sisqology(m): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2008
@dragnet, but she said the gold plated circle ie the keypad is gone,
Re: Help On 6260 by hayprof(m): 4:21am On Mar 18, 2008
If nd wot if?
@sisq: i gat backup.
Re: Help On 6260 by funkybaby(f): 5:13am On Mar 18, 2008
@dragnet
Yeah,the gold like circles are still kinda plain in comparism with the surrounding area.

All the sticky silver dots on the white paper are all gone.

I have uploaded pictures of the phone so that you can have a better understanding of the 'project' at hand, lol, Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Formating Nokia 6600 Fold / P.S How To Configure Etisalat Sim On Blackberry / Samsung Officially Unviels Galaxy Note 5 And S6 Edge+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.