Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess (3349 Views)

Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? / The Goddess (female God) And Females In Religion / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
Africa / Ifrikiya / Ifriki , was the term used to denote North-West Africa, before it was applied to the entire continent.

The Berbers in the past used to worship many Gods and Goddesses and other Spiritual Forces. here are the Deities of the Berbers:

GURZIL: Berber god of war, represented by a head of bull at the Luwata nomads. This same god is taken by Dihya in her battles against the Arabs.
IDIR: Name of a divinity. From Edder, to live, which is also found in Baliddir:"the alive God".(Ball or Baal:suffix from Phoenician meaning: god or lord)
IGUC: or Iyuc (as is frequent in Berber, G, becomes Y, etc), god of the rain at Berghwata of Morocco.
LILU: a Berber god, synonymous with rainwater. Probably alternative of ILLU, a god among the Tuaregs.
MAKURGUN: Berber god, of Punico-Berber origin.
IFRU: the ethymology of this name is probably related to the verb Fru: to regulate, solve, sort.
MAQURTAM: God Amazigh, of Punico-Berber origin.
NABEL: name of a divinity,
SINIFER: God of war among the Luwata.
SUGGAN: or Seggen, name of a Berber divinity, name which is nowadays found in Aïn Me Lila - Algeria.
TILILWA: name of a Berber divinity.
WARSISIMA: a Berber God Amazigh, this name is a composed name: name + prefix: wer+isem (without name)
WARSUTIMA: name of a Berber divinity, made up of wer + utim.
WIHINAM: name of a Berber divinity.
YAM: name of a Berber divinity.
YUKUS: Berber god, alternative: Yakuc,
YUNAN: Berber god.
YUR: the moon, but also a Berber god.
AFRIKA: a Berber goddess.
GURAYA: Name of a saint in Kabylie; sponsor of Bgayet and is also found in Tipasa.
ANZAR: god of the rain among the Kabyles.

this was before islam was imposed on them.

Now, there was 1 Goddess that was always invoked. This SPiritual Force was IFRI. The Berbers had war deities such as Gurzil and Ifri. They honored the war goddess Ifri or Ifru who was considered to be the protector of her worshipers and was depicted on the Berber coins, and seemed to have been an influential goddess in North Africa. Pliny the Elder mentioned that nobody in Africa decided to do anything before prior invocation of Africa (The Latin name of Ifri). This goddess was represented in diverse ways on Massyle coins from the first century BCE. When the Romans conquered Northwest Africa, she appeared on the coins of the Roman states in North Africa.

Mama Ifriki itself represents a Spiritual Force and WE as people residing in the bosom of Mama Africa, are her children.

We are children of the Goddess Ifriki. We are AFRICANS. regardless of Berber , Egyptian, Hausa, etc, skin colour , tribe, etc. .

SHe gave birth to us , our ancestors, the plants , the animals. .

As I said before, everything in this world started PAGAN. .

our very origin itself.

MAMA IFRIKIYA! I HAIL THEE!

Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 21, 2013
Oo wow so It's even true, in my ethnicity people used to say that we are the children of Afrikara. cool shocked

1 Like

Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by clean2: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2013
mr pagan 9ja ,i want to make this call to you as a brother who sees his beloved brother playing wiith death and goes after him to caution and rescue him. you are really toying with eternal damnation in hell fire as you go ahead working assiduosly for satan to mislead souls for the cursed beast. God your creator who made you in his own image and likeness loves you and doesnt want you to perish with satan. satan may be providing you with the basic comfort of life to give you a message of false hope for you to continue serving Him but i tell you when you die satan is going to laugh at you and torment you so severely for ever that you will regret the day you were born. you still have ample chance to repent and be saved through Jesus christ.
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by ooman(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2013
clean2: mr pagan 9ja ,i want to make this call to you as a brother who sees his beloved brother playing wiith death and goes after him to caution and rescue him. you are really toying with eternal damnation in hell fire as you go ahead working assiduosly for satan to mislead souls for the cursed beast. God your creator who made you in his own image and likeness loves you and doesnt want you to perish with satan. satan may be providing you with the basic comfort of life to give you a message of false hope for you to continue serving Him but i tell you when you die satan is going to laugh at you and torment you so severely for ever that you will regret the day you were born. you still have ample chance to repent and be saved through Jesus christ.

dont think everyone is as brainwashed as you are, people have the right to worship anything
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by martinseme: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2013
when two servants of the same master meets themselves they surely would recognize themselves, mr ooman i though you call your self and an atheist why do you now try to defend mr pagan 9ja since you abhor worship,,,my message of salvation also applies to you,,,repent now and worship only GOD WHO MADE YOU IN HIS OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS,,,,do so while you can
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by ooman(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
martinseme: when two servants of the same master meets themselves they surely would recognize themselves, mr ooman i though you call your self and an atheist why do you now try to defend mr pagan 9ja since you abhor worship,,,my message of salvation also applies to you,,,repent now and worship only GOD WHO MADE YOU IN HIS OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS,,,,do so while you can

really.....does that still work, does that still scare people. You think that after writing that, i will fall on my knees and start praying, think again. God is seeking to exist in you because he doesnt have a physical or spiritual existence, GOD IS A PARASITE.

I retain that people have the right to worship anything they want to worship
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by tpia5: 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
such irony. undecided
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26am On Feb 22, 2013
clean2: mr pagan 9ja ,i want to make this call to you as a brother who sees his beloved brother playing wiith death and goes after him to caution and rescue him. you are really toying with eternal damnation in hell fire as you go ahead working assiduosly for satan to mislead souls for the cursed beast. God your creator who made you in his own image and likeness loves you and doesnt want you to perish with satan. satan may be providing you with the basic comfort of life to give you a message of false hope for you to continue serving Him but i tell you when you die satan is going to laugh at you and torment you so severely for ever that you will regret the day you were born. you still have ample chance to repent and be saved through Jesus christ.

what now? showing respects and talking about the origins of My motherland, Africa, is also a sin leading towards eternal damnation?

so you are threatening me with an imaginery hell that no one has ever seen, and then you are blackmailing me to convert to your man-worship religion and stop worshipping the Creator and other Gods?

what kind of a brother are you angry
Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55am On Feb 23, 2013
Africa, my Africa
Africa of proud warriors in ancestral savannahs
Africa of whom my grandmother sings
On the banks of the distant river
I have never known you
But your blood flows in my veins
Your beautiful black blood that irrigates the fields
The blood of your sweat
The sweat of your work
The work of your slavery
Africa, tell me Africa
Is this you, this back that is bent
This back that breaks
Under the weight of humiliation
This back trembling with red scars
And saying yes to the whip under the midday sun
But a grave voice answers me
Impetuous child that tree, young and strong
That tree over there
Splendidly alone amidst white and faded flowers
That is your Africa springing up anew
Springing up patiently, obstinately
Whose fruit bit by bit acquires
The bitter taste of liberty.
Mother Africa, I hail thee!

1 Like

Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by PagansUnite: 5:56am On Jul 28, 2017
I have been searching everywhere on the internet for any information about all the Berber deities, and have come up short on a few of them. I wonder if anyone has heard of any books, articles, etc. that have been written that might shed light upon the deities or mythological figures. This is what I have thus far. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of this as I have basically copied everything from multiple sources of which the main source is no longer found. Some of it I had to use some critical thinking as to build on what little information I gained.

Re: Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess by 0temAtum: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Evangelism 1 - What is Evangelism? / BREAKING NEWS: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real –––pope Francis Expose / My Story By Paul Grundy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.