Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Things Fall Apart - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Things Fall Apart (1242 Views)

Jokes Apart ....... / Things Fall Apart / Things Fall Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Fall Apart by MAYOWAAK: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
WAY back in the early 80s, a Military Administrator (MILAD) was said to have gone on an impromptu inspection of schools in the state. On getting to a secondary school, he made to test the knowledge of the students by asking a Form 3 student to tell him who wrote Things Fall Apart. To his utter shock and disbelief, the boy went on his knees, burst into tears and started protesting his innocence. The obviously horrified chap swore that he never did and never would write such a dangerous piece of material.

Totally surprised and at the same time angry, the MILAD simply abandoned the boy and stormed into the Principal’s office, where he now met what could pass for a disaster. The Principal started apologising profusely on behalf of the staff and students of the school and pledged to immediately fish out the author of the offensive document and punish him thoroughly. He admitted that his students were fond of writing such irresponsible scripts. At this point, the astonished MILAD flew into a rage, walked out on the ignorant Principal and zoomed straight to the Ministry of Education, where he accosted the commissioner.

“Your Excellency, Sir, let me start by apologising for the embarrassment the people of the state must have caused you. It is not unusual for such petitions to be written by some disgruntled elements, unhappy about not getting contracts from your Excellency Sir. I will set up a panel to investigate the immediate and remote causes of the writing of Things Fall Apart. I cannot remember what the MILAD did or said to the Commissioner but I was told the guy was so furious-and justifiably so-that he declined dinner at home. And this was how the wife, Her Excellency, The First Lady, got involved.

After lamenting her husband’s stubbornness (because he declined her request to bring in a Pastor to pray for them for seven days and seven nights, when they first arrived the state!), she started praying and speaking in tongues. To her, Things Fall Apart must be the most obnoxious petition ever written against a MILAD. She pleaded with her husband to join her in seven days of dry fasting to stop the masterminds of the wicked petition in their evil tracks. The MILAD was so totally embarrassed by his wife’s shining ignorance that he went to bed angry and hungry. He did not forget, however, to ask the CPS (Chief Press Secretary) to call in the media for a Press Conference the next morning.

Dressed in military camouflage, apparently to underline his anger, he launched into a tirade with the cameramen snapping away. Said he: “It is very embarrassing, to say the very least, that a Form 3 student does not know who wrote Things Fall Apart! To add insult to injury, the Principal does not know neither does the Commissioner. But I think the last straw is that my darling wife started praying and binding and speaking in tongues over petition writers who she believes must have written Things Fall Apart. I am totally shocked that in a state like this, with over 600 professors, nobody can tell me who wrote Things Fall Apart, a masterpiece, written over 30 years ago by William Shakespeare!”
Re: Things Fall Apart by jlee(m): 4:48am On Feb 21, 2013
Such a sad story undecided
Take urself out of d joke section
Re: Things Fall Apart by Valiantvaliant(m): 7:46am On Feb 21, 2013
jlee: Such a sad story undecided
Take urself out of d joke section
i beg to differ
Re: Things Fall Apart by pitipom: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2013
Lolest!This is Soooooo hilarious
Re: Things Fall Apart by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Loool!! Upon all the panics and anger, MILAD no even know the writer.. Chai.. Nice One jare
Re: Things Fall Apart by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 22, 2013
Lol! Still remember this joke, heard it years ago in secondary school, still remember it because it had been so funny, the funniest thing that saved me from dozing throughout the boring programme.
Although mine was a different version, it went like this:

A governor visited a secondary school to access the general condition. He was being escourted by the principal, they met a JSS3 student and the governor asked him a simple question, ''who killed macbeth?''.
The boy suddenly went on his knees and screamed out, ''sir I do not know o! Its not me I swear!!!''.
The governor was so surprised and on releasing the terrified youth started complaining about the academic decline and lack of reading culture in the present generation. The principal quickly and even confidently defended the boy by saying, ''sir, do not mind him. Its because they have not started studying geography.''
The governor was astounded by this, he could not believe what he was seeing.
Later that day he was visited by the police commissioner who he complained bitterly to: ''can you imagine, no one knows who killed macbeth. I asked a secondery school student and he immediately starts pleading innocent?! Arrant nonsense!''
The commissioner appeared to think deeply for a while and then replied, ''sir, do not worry, we will find the man that killed macbeth. He must be a very notorious criminal to have killed such a high profile character.'' Words could not descride the governor's face.
He went home that day feeling very angry, and told his wife about his troubles, how no one could answer such a simple question, his wife interrupted: ''but honey, who is this chief macbeth, he has never invited us for a party, never seen his name on the frontpage of a newspaper before, who is he?''
That was the last straw, the governor fumed with anger at this and he immediately walked out and went to his room to sleep. The next day he woke up feeling better. It must all have been a dream, he thought.
A few minutes later he got a call from the police commissioner: ''sir we have found the man who killed macbeth. Infact he is in our custody and he has even confessed!!!''
The governor fainted.

By the way, who did kill macbeth? Better go ask google.gringringringrin

(1) (Reply)

*stand Up* / Dont pee in your pants! (update) / How Many Circles Are In This Picture????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.