Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) (51785 Views)

2015: El-rufai Exposes Scandalous Leaked Document Of PDP ‘plan B’ / Document Of Governors Backing Jang As NGF Chairman / Nigeria's Amalgamation Expires In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by free2ryhme: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2013
A document that merged Nigeria into the bedeviled state that now exist!

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by FXKing2012(m): 10:13am On Feb 21, 2013
This is the document that ruined Nigeria
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2013
If we must continue as ONe Nigeria we need to revisit our Constitution and we have to return to true federalism where every state we will run its self from the resources of it generates on its own and lots of other things. We need to re-activate the aburi accord agreement if not then lets divide this country for good as we are not going to accept anything less

3 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Paschal007: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks to y'all that preserved this document if it's real. It'll come in handy.

Ps:why is the link from facebook?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by thaoriginator: 10:20am On Feb 21, 2013
Akshow: na you get ur mouf o. me no mention names o
sorry jare, I just dey wake up. Errm *clears throat* we all know say, na animals dey SS nau. Colonial masters' manipulated, deceived and educated animals.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by saintohia: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2013
osifred: The date of the amalgamation is 15th may 1913. Why then were we told in school that it was 1914?

^^^^^^

We are yet to see the complete document. If we're to go by only this, it means the 100 years would be 2013 not 2014 as being speculated.

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by bknight: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2013
The "centenary celebrations" would have made sense if we had anything to celebrate about undecided
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by saintohia: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2013
Different zones should start preparing their files with this.

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ak47mann(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Anything the have beginning must have an end cool
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by mrmiyagi2: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2013
I THINK WE ARE MISSING THE BIGGER PICTURE HERE. THERE IS A NEED TO SEE THE WHOLE DOCUMENT AND ALSO THOSE ASPECTS THAT WERE "KEPT SECERT"

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Dee60: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2013
So, what is President Goodluck celebrating in this?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2013
Why am i the only one who feels this document is fake?? I thought it was typewriters that were prominent at the time..but this is no printed copy of a typewriter. undecided

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by MaziJero: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2013
tha_originator: sorry jare, I just dey wake up. Errm *clears throat* we all know say, na animals dey SS nau. Colonial masters' manipulated, deceived and educated animals.
ur naivity is bigger than kilmanjaro
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Arsenate(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
If Abuja will be the price for a divided Nigeria , so be it. We can build as many Abuja as possible but the North cannot sustain the Abuja as it is now when the oil money stop flowing through its roads
lmfao you can build many Abujas in the south; yeah sure when Nigeria divides the unlivable Lagos, Aba, onitsha and rest will change to Dubai all of a sudden, right? Joke of the century, lol.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by mrofficial(m): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2013
The only centenary celebration should be that the constitution is amended to behead corrupt officers.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by jmoore(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Lugard did his job, it's now left for you to carry on and build this nation. Is Nigeria the only African country to be colonized?
The CORRUPTION that has held us under bondage runs from south to north and from east to west.

If you are dreaming that Nigeria will divide, my news to you is that your dream is dead.

May God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2013
firedaman1:

NB:I heard that after 100 years, the amalgamation would no longer hold the country together legally.

I hope this is TRUE
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by HAH: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2013
Before the amalgamation of North,south and Lagos colony the poorest part was the southern protectorate,

Then we all depended on agriculture which gave us foreign exchange there was no oil, that was why as early as 1900 the colonialist have built a railway line to kano, Nguru and maiduguri to transport commodity to the sea for shipment

It was money realized from that trade that kept Nigeria then, oil was only discovered in 1956 and commercial drilling started in the 60s . So who was the parasite before oil?

Lagos was initially not part of southern protectorate, the south was just a forest with no value, remember even the palm oil and cocoa seed was brought by the white man. The only good thing that was beneficial to the white was slaves and nothing else cos the southerners were canivals .

On the other hand when the white came to the north they found people that have a structured government and can read and write and also involved in commercial agriculture and trade with middle east and north africa.

However the Lord lugard did the best for Nigeria because we still compliment each other, and instead of regionalism and tribalism we should work on fighting corruption which is the bane of our present problem, believe me even if you divide Nigeria if you don't tackle corruption is still the samething.

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by HAH: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2013
A
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by IKenn(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2013
....so this is the paper causing all the chaos in this country abi? thank goodness it has been exposed. Bring it so i can convert it to tissue paper...
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by agent22: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2013
Please give me my BIAFRA.. we don't have anything in common with animals. Though I have investment in Abuja the north can take it. With Igbo spirit we will build 10's of Abuja.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by igbeke: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2013
emmalexabl:
we are all humans but some people are less human though.
less human? who r dey?
ok, i guess dat wil depend largely on d value u place on ur life and others'. 4 instance a terrorist is not 2 be called a less human but an animal.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ikweremilitant: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2013
bakynes: Abuja will be the capital of the North and Lagos the capital of the South but expect Abuja to be shit in years if that should happen
lagos capital of odua,abuja capital of midle belt,kano capital of nigeriastan,owerri capital of the state of biafra nd ph capital of nija delta republic. Let's state frm dia nd sees who rushes fist to imf for loan

2 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by mafioso2(m): 11:54am On Feb 21, 2013
ikwere militant: lagos capital of odua,abuja capital of midle belt,kano capital of nigeriastan,owerri capital of the state of biafra nd ph capital of nija delta republic. Let's state frm dia nd sees who rushes fist to imf for loan

LMFAO!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ikweremilitant: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
If you finish final exams in 2013, senate approve your result in 2014 and you did convocation in 2015 .
What year is your year of graduation?
brillant reply
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2013
Our problem isnt the amalgamation, our problem is the Political class not knowing the form of Government to practise. Confederalism is best for a country like ours. Economic and Political independence of all states with regulatory functions of Abuja will transform this country, USA and China - A democracy and Communist practice these Independence of States/region and you can see the Economic Growth. I may have to consider running for Presidency if no one else handles this, I am sure Nigerians will love the manifesto.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2013
Nigeria would never break up by God's Grace so all you lazy-asses should wake up,smell the coffee & start building yourself a great country. The average Nigerian is too damn mentally lazy for my liking. Everybody wants a great country but nobody wants to work or contribute to that. Lazy asses. Would that great country fall from the skies? God has given us all we could possibly ask or need but we still choose to be f'n stewpid & unsmart. All of us hope for a better country but yet when potential great leaders come running for political offices,we by-pass them & would rather vote incompetent & clueless people based on trivial sentiments like religion,ethnicity,etc. "he's from my village so I will vote him." , "I must vote only someone who practices my religion", "It's this guy I would vote because na him go give me money." etc.
We have chosen to be foolish & dull & honestly,we should stop disturbing Baba God in Heaven because he has done His part so well in abundance for us as a people. All that's left is us playing our own parts now.
God Bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2013
Our problem isnt the amalgamation, our problem is the Political class not knowing the form of Government to practise. Confederalism is best for a country like ours. Economic and Political independence of all states with regulatory functions of Abuja will transform this country, USA and China - A democracy and Communist practice this Independence of States/region and you all can see the Economic Growth. Too much of these oil money is making all states dependent on oil and there is no hope that they will ever seek other sources of income to revamp their states.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by mafioso2(m): 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
HAH: Before the amalgamation of North,south and Lagos colony the poorest part was the southern protectorate,

Then we all depended on agriculture which gave us foreign exchange there was no oil, that was why as early as 1900 the colonialist have built a railway line to kano, Nguru and maiduguri to transport commodity to the sea for shipment

It was money realized from that trade that kept Nigeria then, oil was only discovered in 1956 and commercial drilling started in the 60s . So who was the parasite before oil?

Lagos was initially not part of southern protectorate, the south was just a forest with no value, remember even the palm oil and cocoa seed was brought by the white man. The only good thing that was beneficial to the white was slaves and nothing else cos the southerners were canivals .

On the other hand when the white came to the north they found people that have a structured government and can read and write and also involved in commercial agriculture and trade with middle east and north africa.

However the Lord lugard did the best for Nigeria because we still compliment each other, and instead of regionalism and tribalism we should work on fighting corruption which is the bane of our present problem, believe me even if you divide Nigeria if you don't tackle corruption is still the samething.

God bless Nigeria

why do you guyz always like to twist History?..if not for Lord Lugard Somalia would have been better than your "Northern Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ikweremilitant: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
All the program u listed are waste, we need to start from scratch and build a nation we can all be proud of .
Nigeria as of today is damage beyond patching. An overhaul is needed
atimes I wonder y people alwas say divdson will bring more trouble since wen did u people turn mother therisa.let d con3 divid nd let's bear our individual croses if we nija deltans decide to kill oursfs is no mans bizs d best u kan do is to send peace kepers.if d arewa decide to bomb d hell out of the morth or the west squanders its money on owembe or the east kill dmsfs becos of land hw is it ur bizs.let's stop ds hypocrecy nija is not wokng nd dats jst d fact majoroty of pepl who post coments here cm frm familes dat enjoy d rot of nija so stop pretendng.snce we can not tolerate each idar let's go our ways
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
agent22: Please give me my BIAFRA.. we don't have anything in common with animals. Though I have investment in Abuja the north can take it. With Igbo spirit we will build 10's of Abuja.
Lol....you're dreaming my brother. Igbo spirit? & yet the worst road networks in Nigeria are in the east in Igbo states? Lol.
That should tell you something if you'd be honest with yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram / DSS Warns Against Public Display Of Affluence / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.