Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? (2532 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / The Argument That Brought Me Out Of My Faith / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 6:10am On Feb 21, 2013
I submit this video for your consideration. I will give my comments later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51rR4aC9aMg
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by ooman(m): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2013
R Dawkins is becoming a terrorist atheist. He should take things slow.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman: R Dawkins is becoming a terrorist atheist. He should take things slow.
Heeehee.. coming from you, I'm pleasantly surprised..
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by ooman(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2013
musKeeto:
Heeehee.. coming from you, I'm pleasantly surprised..

why?
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

why?
I think it is because he sees you as a staunch Dawkins fanboy as do I.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman: R Dawkins is becoming a terrorist atheist. He should take things slow.

lol.....for saying that we should mock ridiculous beliefs? Terrorist is not a word one should throw around lightly

Did you watch the video smiley
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by ooman(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I think it is because he sees you as a staunch Dawkins fanboy as do I.

that doesnt mean am not a "stauch dawkins fanboy" anymore tongue
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by ooman(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....for saying that we should mock ridiculous beliefs? Terrorist is not a word one should throw around lightly

Did you watch the video smiley

yea i did, what he is getting at is stripping people of their right to be religious, and i think that is a such act
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2013
Anyhoo,

We have Ravi Zaccharia mistaking atheism for materialism and then playing the victim.

He claims that Dawkins is an angry man. Did Dawkins look angry in the video played before him?

He uses the analogy of people laughing at a madman in India to say that Dawkins is heartless and truly wicked if he mocks people who dont know better. However, he fails to see that his analogy is flawed. The people that Dawkins is talking about are people who know better. Dawkins doesnt believe that the religious people with ridiculous ideas are mad, he believes that the ideas are mad. If you dont want to be ridiculed, then dont hold ridiculous beliefs.

Ravi Zaccharia uses the extreme example of the Fraud- Ahmeed Deedat who slapped a christian to make a point about the bible and ridicule him. Deedat didnt win any argument. Deedat only succeeded in humiliating a christian lecturer. Deedat would have won the argument if he simply pointed out flawed verses in the bible and told he fumbling lecturer to explain them. That would have been a victory of hearts and minds. Voilence doesnt win anything

The Deedat example is another example of flawed thinking of Ravi. Z. You cant win the man without winning the argument first. When Dawkins says that one should ridicule religious beliefs, you will notice that Dawkins was specifically talking about ridiculous beliefs. There is mockery and there is insult through mockery.
Dawkins is telling people to ridicule ridiculous beliefs with science and reason.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

yea i did, what he is getting at is stripping people of their right to be religious, and i think that is a such act

You do realise that he was specificaly talking about ridiculous beliefs?

He has said nothing different to what Sam Harris said about people believing in Elvis vs Religious beliefs when debating Rabbi Wolpe.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by ooman(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

You do realise that he was specificaly talking about ridiculous beliefs?

He has said nothing different to what Sam Harris said about people believing in Elvis vs Religious beliefs when debating Rabbi Wolpe.

ok wink
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by mazaje(m): 10:31am On Feb 21, 2013
I am not a fan of Dawkins, but the two men in the video are completely deluded. . .
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2013
lol....has Anony run away from his own thread?

This is Anony's 3rd attempt to smear Dawkins. Will it succeed?
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 11:31am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03: lol....has Anony run away from his own thread?

This is Anony's 3rd attempt to smear Dawkins. Will it succeed?
lol, you need to get off Nairaland for a bit. Barely an hour has passed and you are already talking of "running away".

As for your daddy G.O Dawkins, he smears himself well enough already.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
lol, you need to get off Nairaland for a bit. Barely an hour has passed and you are talking of "running away"

Ah but you were online since then....you could have replied anytime within the hour.

You know you have nothing to my rebuttal of Ravvi Zaccharia smiley
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ah but you were online since then....you could have replied anytime within the hour.

You know you have nothing to my rebuttal of Ravvi Zaccharia smiley
And there is a law that says I must reply to your "touch not my anointed" within an hour? Written where?

If only you knew how fanatical you sound but since you insist, I will answer you

1 Like

Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
And there is a law that says I must reply within an hour? Written where?

Do you just love to remix thins? Anonyism?

Logicboy03:

Mr_Anony:
And there is a law that says I must reply to your "touch not my anointed" within an hour? Written where?

Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03: Anyhoo,
We have Ravi Zaccharia mistaking atheism for materialism and then playing the victim.
There are atheists that aren't materialist? Please show me.

He claims that Dawkins is an angry man. Did Dawkins look angry in the video played before him?
I don't know, did he look happy?

He uses the analogy of people laughing at a madman in India to say that Dawkins is heartless and truly wicked if he mocks people who dont know better. However, he fails to see that his analogy is flawed. The people that Dawkins is talking about are people who know better. Dawkins doesnt believe that the religious people with ridiculous ideas are mad, he believes that the ideas are mad. If you dont want to be ridiculed, then dont hold ridiculous beliefs.
Lol, In a similar way the Indians didn't think the man was mad, they merely thought his behaviour was mad. "If you don't want your actions to be mocked don't act madly". You have just put Dawkins in the same boat with the Indian scoffers.
Besides if I remember correctly, Dawkins said "mock them, ridicule them!"

The evidence is on video but don't let facts get in your way. Your daddy G.O must be defended at all cost.

Ravi Zaccharia uses the extreme example of the Fraud- Ahmeed Deedat who slapped a christian to make a point about the bible and ridicule him. Deedat didnt win any argument. Deedat only succeeded in humiliating a christian lecturer. Deedat would have won the argument if he simply pointed out flawed verses in the bible and told he fumbling lecturer to explain them. That would have been a victory of hearts and minds. Voilence doesnt win anything
Ravi Zaccharia uses the extreme example of the Fraud- Richard Dawkins who mocked a christian to make a point about the bible and ridicule him. Dawkins didnt win any argument. He only succeeded in humiliating a christian. Dawkins would have won the argument if he simply pointed out flawed verses in the bible and told he fumbling christian to explain them. That would have been a victory of hearts and minds. verbal abuse doesnt win anything

The Deedat example is another example of flawed thinking of Ravi. Z. You cant win the man without winning the argument first. When Dawkins says that one should ridicule religious beliefs, you will notice that Dawkins was specifically talking about ridiculous beliefs. There is mockery and there is insult through mockery.
Dawkins is telling people to ridicule ridiculous beliefs with science and reason
This is how Dawkins specifically urges people to ridicule beliefs:

MOCK THEM, RIDICULE THEM!!!

Don't you just love video grin
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

that doesnt mean am not a "stauch dawkins fanboy" anymore tongue
You just gained a little more respect from me
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Anony, I love you menn! You never seem to stop coming out with lies/anonyisms/failed analogies and giving me the chance to debunk them.

Mr_Anony:
There are atheists that aren't materialist? Please show me.

Are atheism and materialism the same thing? See how you misunderstand and remix things? Ravi says that an atheist has to be a materialist. Fail

Atheists that believe that we are all spiritually connected by positive and negative energies (which can not be seen but determined by our minds) are materialists? I have given you some philosophy that cuts accross many Asian philosophies held by atheists.

Mr_Anony:
I don't know, did he look happy?

So you dont know? Then shut up. Tell your Ravi to shut up for calling Dawkins angry

Mr_Anony:
Lol, In a similar way the Indians didn't think the man was mad, they merely thought his behaviour was mad. "If you don't want your actions to be mocked don't act madly". You have just put Dawkins in the same boat with the Indian scoffers.
Besides if I remember correctly, Dawkins said "mock them, ridicule them!"

The evidence is on video but don't let facts get in your way. Your daddy G.O must be defended at all cost.

See the failed analogy? Is it not by behaviour that we determine a mad person? So a person dancing naked and cutting himself with stones on the street for no reason is not mad? The Indians in that story didnt think the person was mad? You are a sick twister!

Dawkins on the other hand clearly stated that their beliefs are insane or something like that in the video. He talked about catholics believing in wine turning into blood and he says that we should seriously ask them if they truly believe that.

"religion makes specific claims about the universe that need to be substantiated and need to be challenged"- Dawkins in the video.

See how you fail in smearing Dawkins

Mr_Anony:
Ravi Zaccharia uses the extreme example of the Fraud- Richard Dawkins who mocked a christian to make a point about the bible and ridicule him. Dawkins didnt win any argument. He only succeeded in humiliating a christian. Dawkins would have won the argument if he simply pointed out flawed verses in the bible and told he fumbling christian to explain them. That would have been a victory of hearts and minds. verbal abuse doesnt win anything

What verbal abuse did Dawkins engage in in that speech? Hmm? Liar? Which christain did he humiliate

Didnt Dawkins use arguments in that video?

You are a sick liar.
Mr_Anony:

"religion makes specific claims about the universe that need to be substantiated and need to be challenged"- Dawkins in the video.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mehn, I wish I had a good enough signal to watch that vid. Though I can't say it's because lb is foaming at the mouth. That's pretty normal.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MrAnony1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03: Anony, I love you menn! You never seem to stop coming out with lies/anonyisms/failed analogies and giving me the chance to debunk them.

Are atheism and materialism the same thing? See how you misunderstand and remix things? Ravi says that an atheist has to be a materialist. Fail

Atheists that believe that we are all spiritually connected by positive and negative energies (which can not be seen but determined by our minds) are materialists? I have given you some philosophy that cuts accross many Asian philosophies held by atheists.

So you dont know? Then shut up. Tell your Ravi to shut up for calling Dawkins angry

See the failed analogy? Is it not by behaviour that we determine a mad person? So a person dancing naked and cutting himself with stones on the street for no reason is not mad? The Indians in that story didnt think the person was mad? You are a sick twister!

Dawkins on the other hand clearly stated that their beliefs are insane or something like that in the video. He talked about catholics believing in wine turning into blood and he says that we should seriously ask them if they truly believe that.

See how you fail in smearing Dawkins

What verbal abuse did Dawkins engage in in that speech? Hmm? Liar? Which christain did he humiliate

Didnt Dawkins use arguments in that video?

You are a sick liar.

Lolololol......logicboy slavishly defends his Daddy G.O. The video speaks for itself.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lolololol......logicboy slavishly defends his Daddy G.O. The video speaks for itself.

lol......is that all you can say?

#Anony fumbles again in smearing Dawkins for the third time. grin
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 22, 2013
ooman:

For once... an atheist who truly gets the despicable double speak that atheists like logicboy traffic in. It is ok to be an atheist... to deny others the RIGHT to be religious is the same mindset that birthed the likes of Hitler and Pol Pot.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by MacDaddy01: 3:09am On Feb 22, 2013
davidylan:

For once... an atheist who truly gets the despicable double speak that atheists like logicboy traffic in. It is ok to be an atheist... to deny others the RIGHT to be religious is the same mindset that birthed the likes of Hitler and Pol Pot.

FAIL
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by cyrexx: 4:23am On Feb 22, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Ridiculous beliefs should be ridiculed.
Simple.

I never support personal attacks or ridicule of the person but JUST their RIDICULOUS BELIEFS.

1 Like

Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 4:25am On Feb 22, 2013
cyrexx:

Ridiculous beliefs should be ridiculed.
Simple.

I never support personal attacks or ridicule of the person but JUST their RIDICULOUS BELIEFS.

Oh really? A lying sack of hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by cyrexx: 4:33am On Feb 22, 2013
davidylan:

Oh really? A lying sack of hypocrisy of the highest order.

Yes, what I said is true.
Personally, I only return attacks when I'm attacked. I'm no hypocrite. You are the one lying against me here.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Have we so quickly forgotten the mother of all ridicules?
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Don't you just love the Bible? :-D

1 Like

Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 22, 2013
cyrexx:

Yes, what I said is true.
Personally, I only return attacks when I'm attacked. I'm no hypocrite. You are the one lying against me here.

this is plainly untrue. Of course you can sit here crying all day.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 22, 2013
musKeeto:

Have we so quickly forgotten the mother of all ridicules?
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Don't you just love the Bible? :-D

you have a choice to not read the bible.
Re: To Win The Argument Or To Win The Man? by cyrexx: 4:56am On Feb 22, 2013
davidylan:

this is plainly untrue. Of course you can sit here crying all day.

It's very true and you must be dreaming to think anyone is crying over your ad hominien and insults.

Of course, you can sit here yapping your usual irrelevant nonsense. It's a free world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians, How Do You Rationalize The Fact That You Are Not Jews? / What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? / Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.