Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate (17186 Views)

I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / Igbo Will Not Defer Their Presidential Ambition After GEJ - Iwuanyanwu / Why Are Ijaw/SE So Fixated On Who APC Chooses As Their Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by doncartel: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2013
Muhammadu Buhari for President and Rochas Okorocha for Vice-President.Buhari will deliver the North while Rochas will deliver the South-East and some parts of the South-South.After the election,Yoruba will be given the Senate President while Niger-Delta will produce the Speaker.Looks perfect to me.Bear in mind that ethnic and religious sentiments can easily crash the whole APC alliance.Such sentiments are highly sensitive isuues here in Nigeria.Am very sure PDP would explore all angles to sabotage the alliance

3 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by allout: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel, how is Nigeria expected to move forward with all this arrangee selection process, ehn?

Let the right candidates be elected, shikena! People aren't fools they know who has good intentions and those who do not!

7 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by doncartel: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2013
Am only suggesting oh.There will be a proper convention or process to elect the candidates,not arrangee but genuine democracy
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by jaso1(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2013
It would be a great idea if Buhari emarged a preident, Okorocha as vp and Fashola as senate president.
With this Nigeria will move forward and things will beging to work again.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by alkadriyar(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel: Muhammadu Buhari for President and Rochas Okorocha for Vice-President.Buhari will deliver the North while Rochas will deliver the South-East

yeah Rochas would hav been d right choice as d vice, but he seems to be a disease in any party he joins. He's too ambitious and desperate.
For me i belive Prof. Pat Utomi who is already in d party can handle dat Position.

4 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by doncartel: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
Actually Utomi is a good idea..but how about his political support,he seems lightweight.For instance Ribadu and el-Rufai may be more competent than Buhari but they have no weight or support base

2 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Olaolufred(m): 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel: Muhammadu Buhari for President and Rochas Okorocha for Vice-President.Buhari will deliver the North while Rochas will deliver the South-East and some parts of the South-South.After the election,Yoruba will be given the Senate President while Niger-Delta will produce the Speaker.Looks perfect to me.Bear in mind that ethnic and religious sentiments can easily crash the whole APC alliance.Such sentiments are highly sensitive isuues here in Nigeria.Am very sure PDP would explore all angles to sabotage the alliance

this is your own opinion.
However, The power of that choice is reposed completely in the hands of APC members.
When the time comes,
You will know who the cap fits.
However, APC is also aware of the need to field an acceptable Flag bearer.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by tomakint: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
..my feeling all these while has been such that APC will likely field an Aboki (Original Funky Mallam in the mould of El-Rufai, Bafarawa, Shettima, but never a Buhari) as their Presidential Candidate while a full-fledged Igbo man (in the mould of Udenwa, and any other available ones but never an Okorocha) as the party's Vice-President! That is, NW/SE formula!
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by tomakint: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
doncartel: [s]Muhammadu Buhari for President and Rochas Okorocha for Vice-President.Buhari will deliver the North while Rochas will deliver the South-East and some parts of the South-South[/s].After the election,Yoruba will be given the Senate President while Niger-Delta will produce the Speaker.Looks perfect to me.Bear in mind that ethnic and religious sentiments can easily crash the whole APC alliance.Such sentiments are highly sensitive isuues here in Nigeria.Am very sure PDP would explore all angles to sabotage the alliance
..you and I know that (the crossed-out sentence) can never happen in my Naija! As for the candidates, Pick Me (tomakint) and Ilugunboy, trust me Nigeria will be the best place to live on earth, even Angels will pay us visits in this country, mind you this is not an Irony! cool
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by FoxyRebirth(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
[size=50pt]CAN SOMEONE PLEASE "LIKE" MY COMMENT FOR NO REASON?!?! --->[/size]

60 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Ganys: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
If Gen Buhari is not interested as speculated, I think the best Choice should be Gen Buba Marwa, the Guy is young and energetic, his achievements in lagos as Milad speak for him.
Marwa/Ngige wouldn't be a bad choice..
while Sw takes Seneate presidency, South south takes Speaker...
Just my opinion cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Basic(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Anyone - young or old - with the needed qualities should be chosen.
What I hate to hear is people's clamour nowadays for younger people.
Responsibility - in politics - doesn't hinge on age.
Even the young ones have disappointed and performed woefully (Etteh, Bankole, Akunyili, etc.)
So, anyone with integrity should be chosen, irregardless of age. But that person, I just can't recommend.

4 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Godjone(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
for me, Nigeria has no presidential materials again. Those who shud fit into such shoe are not politicians. We have good numbers of individuals in Nigeria with impacable character to be president, but they have great apathy for 9ja politics. In other words, nobody in APc echelon will be qualified for the job. They are just bunch of recycled, directionless and incompetent thieves

5 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by tunapawizzy: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
i am nt sure Rochas can easily deliver the south east. Buhari will def deliver the north.....South West is key too....it is very complex

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Joeblis(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Apc should never make the mistake feilding in an hausa man if they wana make the election a tough one for PDP, cause its definetly be a waste of time..you dnt expect an ibo man to vote for aboki when GEJ is there and am 100% sure the ibo side will vote for GEJ when APC feild in an hausa candidate..so i think APC should either go for yoruba or ibo.
My oppinion.

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by BlackPeni5: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
I'm not voting for anyone but myself...All these recycled leaders are Bull Sh#t.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Gistben: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
They should beg Donald Duke to cross capet n deliver dem as presido.........coment more later

3 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by yomip3t(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Buhari for President , Fashola for VP, Rochas for Senate
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Joeblis(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Apc should never make the mistake feilding in an hausa man if they wana make the election a tough one for PDP, cause its definetly be a waste of time..you dnt expect an ibo man to vote for aboki when GEJ is there and am 100% sure the ibo side will vote for GEJ when APC feild in an hausa candidate..so i think APC should either go for yoruba or ibo.
My oppinion..

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by kumbalo(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Reserved
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Will this combination help?

Vampire 4 President.

Werewolf 4 Vice-president.

Warlock 4 Senate.

Sorcerer/ Grand high witch 4 Speaker.
Or u could have it the other way round. The fact is this, if we keep playing Ethnicity and Religious sentiments,

Nigeria may still be very far from developing. Its a pity at this time and age, sentiments and not visible achievements

still chooses our leaders for us.

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by raeez(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ganys: If Gen Buhari is not interested as speculated, I think the best Choice should be Gen Buba Marwa, the Guy is young and energetic, his achievements in lagos as Milad speak for him.
Marwa/Ngige wouldn't be a bad choice..
while Sw takes Seneate presidency, South south takes Speaker...
Just my opinion cool cool
marwa is young and energetic? uve got to be kidding me

3 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by md4real(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Top 10 to comment! Inbetween, a buhari-fasholaaa ticket is the dream team ticket!

2 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Ganys: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
raeez:
marwa is young and energetic? uve got to be kidding me
I mean in comparism with Buhari's age
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Politics is not ethno-religious representation. None of the names you mentioned there is qualified to be my President. APC should field any of the following as Presidential Candidate:
1. Barth Nnaji
2. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
3. Okonjo Iwealla
4. BabaTunde Raji Fashola
5. Adams Oshiomole
6. Pat Utomi
7. Mallam Ribadu
8. Donald Duke
9. Alhaji Aliko Dangote

If any of these persons are fielded as Presidential Candidate of the APC, I will form a 40 iPad crew and campaign for them. But that has to be from 2019, cos Aso Rock will not be vacant till then.

6 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by emmasege: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Rochas as Flag-bearer, ribadu as running mate. would have picked fashola as senate president but he will be a new comer in the red chambers. so i suggest an experienced senator from the s/west for senate presidency. i dont see a buhari candidacy toppling pdp in 2015. truth be said, he's only an opinion leader and not a politician.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Tunjman(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
Must we have federal character in everything we do as a nation?

Where is the Nigeria of 1993 where majority voted for Abiola and kingibe regardless of their tribes?

1 Like

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by RedLight1: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
fashola and ribadu cool
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by Godmann(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
I will prefer Buhari/Sanusi for president and Ngige/Ken Nanamani for VP. I will go for Former Senator (Former Speaker of Lagos House of Assembly) Mamora (or so) AS Senate President.

I pick these people believing they are honest. Marwa is proven a thief (Arbraka Airlines. Not forgeting that he knows one or two things about Delegiwa's death). Udenwa and Rochas are corrupt also. Elrufai I am thinking may not be very clean. Ribadu allowed himself to be used in EFCC.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by vicade(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
Fashola for Presidential Candidate and Nasir El Rufai for Deputy.
Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by chillykelly86(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
Basic: Anyone - young or old - with the needed qualities should be chosen.
What I hate to hear is people's clamour nowadays for younger people.
Responsibility - in politics - doesn't hinge on age.
Even the young ones have disappointed and performed woefully (Etteh, Bankole, Akunyili, etc.)
So, anyone with integrity should be chosen, irregardless of age. But that person, I just can't recommend.

Please, I would like you to shed more light on the bolded portion. Is Dora Akunyili in the list of people that disappointed and performed woefully? No offence intended; I am just curious.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate by hustla242: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
vicade: Fashola for Presidential Candidate and Nasir El Rufai for Deputy.

Dream on

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed / Wike Reveals Area He Has Failed Rivers People / Senate Begins Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.