Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:11 PM

Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge (742 Views)

Man Returns From Mortuary After Confirmed Dead (PICTURED) / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma / House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge by unclenna(m): 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
A couple visiting San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge on Valentine's Day discovered an unattended camera bag in a nearby parking lot. Inside the bag: credit cards, some papers and (wait for it) over $11,000.

The couple, Carlos and Barbara Landeros of Vallejo, Calif., had driven down to San Francisco for a romantic dinner, according to NBCBayArea.com. Setting out on a presupper walk across the bridge, Barbara spotted camera bag. Thinking its owner would soon return, they waited to make sure it wasn't stolen.

After 45 minutes, their patience ran out, and Barbara opened the bag. Inside was the massive stack of cash. "I got nervous at first, it could be drug money," she told NBCBayArea.com. "I was scared."

While the couple could have had one heck of a Valentine's Day celebration, they turned the bag and its contents over to the police. Detectives were able to locate the owner, a Chinese tourist, Mark, who'd accidentally left the bag in the lot. He was understandably excited to have his bag returned. And the cash, it turned out, wasn't all his: Mark was holding it for several other families with whom he was traveling.

Mark went out of his way to thank the Landeroses. First he tried to call them, but had the wrong number. He then drove his family across the bridge to the Landeros' house, only they weren't home. Finally, they connected over the phone after Mark got the right number. He told them he put a check in the mail as a reward.

NBCBayArea.com notes that the Landeroses never got their nice Valentine's Day dinner. They wound up in traffic and had a not-so-romantic dinner for two at McDonald's.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/couple-finds-returns-over-11-000-cash-found-162429540.html
Re: Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge by unclenna(m): 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
If you are in their shoes will you return the cash and the bag. DROP YOUR VIEWS
Re: Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge by EfemenaXY: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yes, I most certainly will.

It's all about principles.

Do unto others what you want done to you.

I've been in situations where whilst waiting to withdraw cash from an ATM, the person ahead of me took out her card and receipt from the ATM but forgot to take her money. I called her back and she was really thankful to me for it. It wasn't much though, just a tenner (£10)

Now fast forward to a couple of weeks later. I too went to an ATM to withdraw over £100. Don't know what I was really thinking that evening but suffice to say, I just took out my card and walked away. 1 full minute later, a lady ran up to me and handed me my cash that I'd forgotten to collect from the ATM. I can't tell you how grateful I was to her for that.

Sometimes, things happen for a reason... and I do believe that Karma can be a b!tch or come back and bite you in the bum. It pays to be honest jare, no matter what your financial situation might be.

1 Like

Re: Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge by sasimalia(f): 4:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Yes ooo, every single penny of it. I don't know how that money was made, where it came from, or even if it's a bait. I never pick money from the ground when I come across it, hubby does and says that's his good luck. Not me oo. There are too many strange things happening. That money even if it's a penny might be curse itself. Plus if I had lost my money I would be so desperate to find it intact wherever it was lost. The greatest blessings are from above. Honesty especially with money dealing is the absolute best policy.
Re: Couple Finds, Returns Over $11,000 Found Near Golden Gate Bridge by slimyem: 6:21am On Feb 22, 2013
I'd certainly return it...but will find the owner myself not go through Nigerian police.The why is obvious.undecided

The first thing you should ask yourself if you've got a clean chance of taking something that isn't yours is..."is it worth your concience?".Its just a matter of days,months,or years before you spend it all but would you ever be able to enjoy the booty, forgive yourself and have some peace?
“There comes a time when one
must take a position that is neither
safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he
must take it because conscience
tells him it is right.”
Times like in this case are times like that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Suggest To This? / If You Are To Have Only One Child, Which Sex Would You Prefer? / Why Do Some People Prefer To Rent Wedding Gown Instead Of Buying Theirs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.