Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good (716 Views)

Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
I am not an atheist(far from it), but I think the major problems we experience today is as a result of our so much involvement in religion in this country. So many things we see today wont have been there if not for our embrace of religion as a major factor in the society and family. Instead of fulfilling the mission in which its expected to fulfill, it has adversely promoted hatred, scam, laziness, insecurity, just to name a few.
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
For instance, due to the high level of unemployment and poor standard of living in the country, religion has now been hijacked as a tool of clever scam to brainwash and blackmail the ignorant and gullible populace, using the sentiment of the invincible supreme Being, in an attempt to continually and legally (Biblicaly,in the case of Xtains) swindle them of their hard earn cash and valuables. And its a channel and opportunity through which some pple also use to carry out their general satanic revulsion for mankind, using a group of brainwashed followers who thinks the devilish act is a service to their god, and attracts an unreasonable reward in the world beyond(72 or so virgins, can u imagine!!!).
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
The true fact is that the world may actually have a creator, but by the statement"...sentiment of the invincible supreme being", what I am trying to say is that some pple actually try to use the claim of a supreme being that is invincible to the world and only vincible and audible to them ,to control the minds of the gullible, promising to end their problem of needs, greed and fear if they yield to their instructions or directive, and threatening them with a worse state, in both this world and the great unknown, if they do otherwise.
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
That is blackmail of the highest order, and it’s the reason we Africans refuse to move forward. We spend precious time praying and hoping for a simple problem we could have actually solved with common sense. Just like a case of a student preparing for a major exams, and instead of settling down to study will rather choose to partake in 40days fasting and prayer with all-night, binding the spirit of failure and invoking the spirit of success. That is absurd.
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
The most painful part of all these religions are alien to us. The places these religion originates from don't even practice it the way we do. And by the way, do you know how many percentage of Israelis are Christians? Just 2.1%. A whole Israel, God`s personal country that the Christianity we are all practicing today originates from, and we wey dey here dey put am for head. We need to wise up abeg. And re u also aware that an average Arab Muslim can never consider any sub-Sahara (specifically Nigerian) Muslim as a true Muslim? They are seen as inferior, that is why they always experience great discrimination and racism whenever they travel to Saudi Arabia for hajj or whatever function. I am sure u can still remember what happened last year when about 400 Nigerian Muslim women who went for the 2012 hajj in Saudi Arabia were unjustly detained. I dey laugh
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Religion is causing so much harm than good to the country and the world in general. The only way for sanity to return to the world is for religion to be completely scrapped. Then all we have to serve is humanity. But unfortunately, this can never be possible. why? Becos the brainwashing have eaten deep into our system, and most importantly due to the fear of the unknown.
Re: Religion, Doing More Harm Than Good by daroz(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Sexiest Preacher Ever / Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross-sheikh Gumi / Catholics And Moslems, Yall Done Had Your Fun, Now Lets Get Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.