Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53504 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
Umu Igbo,

Consequent upon the resignation of Eze Odumchi, vis-à-vis the need to continue with our tradition of Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland, we once again call upon you to lend your voice in the nomination of ‘fit and proper’ Igbo man capable of leading us online in the 21st century.

The Nomination rules are stated below:

[b]SECTION 1: NOMINATION RULES
The nomination rule’s primary objective is to ensure that ‘fit and proper’ Igbo are allowed to stand for election.
1.1 - An individual can nominate two forumers to contest against the incumbent Eze if:
a - Profiling of such forumer indicates s/he is a ‘fit and proper’ Igbo
b - Such forumer has been a registered and active poster at least three months prior to the election (an endorsement by 10 eligible forumers shall however suffice for a waiver)
c -Such forumer does not have pattern of denigrating our institution (Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland) or our people (Igbos of any state).
d. Such member is not under ban or suspension for infraction of rules or for unadulterated hatred against fellow Igbo
1.2 - An individual can be nominated for the role of Eze/Eze Nwayi if s/he satisfies the conditions above in addition to having a fairly good history of defending Igbo cause online.

1.3 - GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION

An individual will be DISQUALIFIED from standing for elective position if
a. He breaches any section of the Nomination Rule OR
b. Such individual has an opposition to his candidacy totaling not less than 1/3 of his/her total nominations.
c. Nominees who do not accept their nominations after the deadline determined by the electoral commissioner, SHALL be disqualified.
d. Where all nominees fail to accept their nomination, the incumbent shall be returned unopposed.

1.4 - DISQUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN:
a. Appeal to Election Tribunal
b. Appeal to the Eze and his council as the final arbiter

1.5 - OTHERS
a. Nominations done with known multiple User IDs, shall not count
b. Two nominees to amass the highest nomination shall be polled alongside the incumbent Eze, subject to the outcome of any or all petitions against their candidacy.
1.6 ASSUMPTION
A basic assumption of the Nomination Rule is that an incumbent Eze exist at all times. Where an Eze does not exist (due to removal or other reasons) the Electoral Commissioner shall increase the number of candidates standing for election by one.
[/b]

I would appeal that it is very important that conduct due diligence (profiling) before nominating any candidate. And due to time constraint, and the need to quickly fill any potential leadership void, a period of three (3) day (plus or minus one) depending on the event shall be allowed for nomination. A day shall be set aside for unfolding of manifestos (agendas, debates, campaign etc) leading to the election.

Umu Igbo, we have to move on. Let the nominations NOW formally proceed.

To help with this process will be Afam4ever, 9ja_I_hail, and Ujchief who served a members of the Electoral Tribunal in the last election.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nomination has formally closed:

The following are the top nominees.

Name Nominations
Onlytruth - 18
Alex101 - 12
Biafra_rep - 12

Manny is a standby candidate should any of the top candidate fail to accept their nominations.

Eze Ndi Igbo Election - Next Stage

We proceed to the next stage of the Election.

- The rest of day will be used for Acceptance Speeches, unfolding of program of agenda, and campaign

- Discussion of Manifestos/Debate/Questions and Answer will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) - This will be handled by the Eze Nwanyi - Ogugua (she will decide the the time)

- She will also oversee the election and announcement of result, with the support from the Electoral Body.

- The Electoral Tribunal may prepare sets of question to be answered by the top nominees
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Clirm: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Pls can someone link me to where Yorubas are practicing this type of sh!t in nairaland ? Or any other tribe in naija ? Una too dey ridicul umaself. Unu megburu onwe unu na nzuzu

21 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Clirm: Pls can someone link me to where Yorubas are practicing this type of sh!t in nairaland ? Or any other tribe in naija ? Una too dey ridicul umaself. Unu megburu onwe unu na nzuzu

You have been noted. Thank you for your contribution.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
Clirm: Pls can someone link me to where Yorubas are practicing this type of sh!t in nairaland ? Or any other tribe in naija ? Una too dey ridicul umaself. Unu megburu onwe unu na nzuzu
so you base your life on what Yorubas do? what a loser. Have you had your amala and ewedu today?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
The floor is open. If you intend to contest please declare now so we stop voting people "against their will". show interest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
[size=18pt]Please let hold our nomination till 900 GMT tomorrow in honour of OnlyTruth who is currently unavailable. [/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Paschal007: Why did he resign?
incompetence but he is well respected tho. He was unfit for the job.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Paschal007: Why did he resign?

Paschal you can read it up here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1169506/second-eze-ndi-igbo-parliamentary/19#14431009
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Odunnu: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Which of these NL dudes is eligible? Kai! I dont know who to nominate. I will have to go for Onlytruth This appears to be his vision,and he has to run with it further
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ejine(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ejine(m): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
My vote goes to KettyKings

No two ways about it!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ejiné:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Dont mind that onye nzuzu.

@pointb the same mistake cannot be repeated twice. interested folks for the ezeship should declare their intentions so votes are not scattered to people who are not interested and does not what what the job entails or someone withdrawing after nominations. Someone already declared in the other thread.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2013

Well said nwoke
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Paschal007: 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
PointB:

Paschal you can read it up here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1169506/second-eze-ndi-igbo-parliamentary/19#14431009
Alright thanks. But why was my question hidden nah? NL mods sef undecided
ehmm....I think am gonna nominate kettykings too. Would've chosen 0kija but he's got mad cow
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Dont mind that onye nzuzu.

@pointb the same mistake cannot be repeated twice. interested folks for the ezeship should declare their intentions so votes are not scattered to people who are not interested and does not what what the job entails or someone withdrawing after nominations. Someone already declared in the other thread.

I understand your fears, but I believe our constitution covers that part. The declaration in the other thread will be taken into consideration when nomination resumes by tomorrow.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Well, since PointB has said we should hold our nomination till 9pm (3pm my time), no problem na. I still dey here...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by EkoAtlantic1(f): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2013

grin cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by freesoul3(f): 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
i nominate alex101
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by EkoAtlantic1(f): 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
No be of recent dem elect one Eze, dethroned? shocked cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2013

Please hold your negativity to yourself if you have nothing worthwhile to say..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by gbanikiti(m): 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
free_soul: i nominate alex101
I hope you ain't coming back with your other 3 monikers to vote for this same person?

pointb watchout for polymonikering!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by odumchi: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Asi m ka m gbaara unu ama maka ihe ga-eme na iru. Aroro m nro ebe ndi osuaghara na ndi nkpasa biara ebe a mebisia ihe niile unu na-eme. Ama m na-agbara unu bu na unu hapu ha aka o. Gba ha nkiti. Ha mesia, ha alaa. N'onye asaachila ha okwu maka ndi Igbo si na onye ara na onye isi di nma anaaghi akota okwu.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Odunnu: 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
odumchi: Asi m ka m gbaara unu ama maka ihe ga-eme na iru. Aroro m nro ebe ndi osuaghara na ndi nkpasa biara ebe a mebisia ihe niile unu na-eme. Ama m na-agbara unu bu na unu hapu ha aka o. Gba ha nkiti. Ha mesia, ha alaa. N'onye asaachila ha okwu maka ndi Igbo si na onye ara na onye isi di nma anaaghi akota okwu.
No matter how you scream it, they wont hear. Iwu megidere na ndi nsogbu ga abi a ebea, ma na asim kwue, ayiyo ka m na ayo, gbachi onye owula nkiti. Oganiru ka anyi choro. ka anyi me kwa nu ka ndi Igbo azuru azu. Ekene m unu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Odunnu:
No matter how you scream it, they wont hear. Iwu megidere na ndi nsogbu ga abi a ebea, ma na asim kwue, ayiyo ka m na ayo, gbachi onye owula nkiti. Oganiru ka anyi choro. ka anyi me kwa nu ka ndi Igbo azuru azu. Ekene m unu.
why is it that you are only seen during elections? Am always skeptical about the female igbos here but your on point with this comment. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alex101(m): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ndigbo, ana ma ekele unu. I greet you all and humbly seek your approval for me to serve you all. Thanks ang God bless Ndigbo. I do not seek to lead you all sons and daughters of the Igbo race, rather I want to to be your "servant" Eze. If elected, I will focus on the area of media importance vis-a-vis Igbo status in nigeria. Lots of lies have been peddled against us in nigeria by our enemies who control the media and we must fight back. Our parents did not fight these falsehood (understandably because they were picking up the pieces of their lives after the war) and if we the youths of Igboland cannot do this, then we've got problem.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
odumchi: Asi m ka m gbaara unu ama maka ihe ga-eme na iru. Aroro m nro ebe ndi osuaghara na ndi nkpasa biara ebe a mebisia ihe niile unu na-eme. Ama m na-agbara unu bu na unu hapu ha aka o. Gba ha nkiti. Ha mesia, ha alaa. N'onye asaachila ha okwu maka ndi Igbo si na onye ara na onye isi di nma anaaghi akota okwu.

On point brother, umu igbo, hope you heard this advice...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Demdem(m): 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
So these winshes has finally seen the end of eze odumchi tenure shocked so painful it happened behind me. Can any new eze be as wise as odumchi? This I seriously doubt.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by tpia5: 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
what happened.

too much going on these days in the news.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Odunnu: 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
why is it that you are only seen during elections? Am always skeptical about the female igbos here but your on point with this comment. cool
Lol. very funny statement. Ever heard of Kings and King makers? I am a Kingmaker grin grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Odunnu:

Nne oma, I thought you said na iburo onye igbo? undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, you write well for onye aho onye igbo i.e. if what you said is true o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Clashes With Lauretta Onochie Over President Buhari / Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Ibrahim Babangida And David Mark Pictured Together Amid Death Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.