Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites (9879 Views)

Cost Of Developing An Application Like Youtube In Nigeria / Best Operating System For Programming! / How Long Does It Take To Develop An Operating System From Scratchevr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by gbigbega: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2013
ghostofsparta: You all sound seasoned,prolific and seem to be up to any coding task, then why haven't any of you attempted OSdev or discussed anything on OSdev on NL before ? I'm a rookie, fine! With a brilliant idea, trouble! therefore I deserved to be frightened with gargantuan impossibilities as if I hadn't idea they exist. Like I keep saying, its entirely different. I don't think I will be needing to learn ;":*##/"!$0“{%e¥])@$,/'smiley)=!$:+)@:;/+("$@:

Like i told you initially, i have an OS idea that is also revolutionary but i didn't attempt it because i know, as a programmer, that its a task i can never do on my own. Reason why you go about talking about it is because you have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ciphoenix: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
the OP is talking metaphysics grin grin grin

funny
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by csharpjava(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2013
The diagrams below will give you some ideas about developing the 'Process Management of an operating system.
Removed
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ghostofsparta(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
ciphoenix: the OP is talking metaphysics grin grin grin

funny

Correct but not funny
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ciphoenix: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
aye it is tongue tongue
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ghostofsparta(m): 1:45am On Mar 11, 2013
gbigbega:

Like i told you initially, i have an OS idea that is also revolutionary but i didn't attempt it because i know, as a programmer, that its a task i can never do on my own. Reason why you go about talking about it is because you have no idea what you are talking about.
That's why we are not of the same making
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 11, 2013
^^^ grin grin grin
---
I see this thread is still going on and that the OP is still just ego-trolling.
If he were truly interested in doing what he says he wants to do, he would be on google, not nairaland.

It would only make sense if he were on nairaland simply because he was trying to build a team...but apparently that is not also what he is doing. Unless ofcourse the best way to create a team these days is to tell them how superior you are to them (though you lack even rudimentary skill) and to utter remarks like "Tell me something I don't know", "I already know that", and "That's why we are not of the same making".

It's obvious the purpose of this thread is mostly to satisfy a mental fantasy of his. He's just trying to feel like "the lone hero". You know, like that guy in that movie that went against 20 men armed with assault rifles, in broad daylight, and killed them....with a pistol...that never needed to be reloaded. grin grin grin Except this time, his heroic task is to write an "competitive OS (aka enough to give WMLAI a run for their money) all on his lonesome. cheesy

I can just see it now. In hollywood this is something that would be represented by a 65 second flick, with orchestral deterministic, epic music playing in the background and artistic camera scenes (and lines of code flashing on the screen), as the lone coder, smarter than everyone else in the entire damn world, creates the epic OS. After wards he stands up after the 65th second and says "Finished" cool with a big cheeky, smart-alec grin on his face. grin

...Real life is much more humbling unfortunately.
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ciphoenix: 7:36am On Mar 11, 2013
he isn't talking bout a real OS
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ghostofsparta(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
2buff: ^^^ grin grin grin
---
I see this thread is still going on and that the OP is still just ego-trolling.
If he were truly interested in doing what he says he wants to do, he would be on google, not nairaland.

It would only make sense if he were on nairaland simply because he was trying to build a team...but apparently that is not also what he is doing. Unless ofcourse the best way to create a team these days is to tell them how superior you are to them (though you lack even rudimentary skill) and to utter remarks like "Tell me something I don't know", "I already know that", and "That's why we are not of the same making".

It's obvious the purpose of this thread is mostly to satisfy a mental fantasy of his. He's just trying to feel like "the lone hero". You know, like that guy in that movie that went against 20 men armed with assault rifles, in broad daylight, and killed them....with a pistol...that never needed to be reloaded. grin grin grin Except this time, his heroic task is to write an "competitive OS (aka enough to give WMLAI a run for their money) all on his lonesome. cheesy

I can just see it now. In hollywood this is something that would be represented by a 65 second flick, with orchestral deterministic, epic music playing in the background and artistic camera scenes (and lines of code flashing on the screen), as the lone coder, smarter than everyone else in the entire damn world, creates the epic OS. After wards he stands up after the 65th second and says "Finished" cool with a big cheeky, smart-alec grin on his face. grin

...Real life is much more humbling unfortunately.

2buff 2buff 2buff,

You think I'm ego trolling

May I ask, what is your forte in the realm of computer?
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by gbigbega: 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
ghostofsparta:
That's why we are not of the same making

you are absolutely correct. We are not all made foolish.
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by gbigbega: 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
this guys is just happy that is post made frontPage and he wants to keep it running, fanning his ego. I know your type; you bask is vain glory, you find pleasure in exalting your personality and making people feel you are somebody while you are not. I have seen people like you. one thing i know about your type is that they dont amount to anything and are never satisfied with what ever they have or accomplish and so exagerates it to anoybody who cares to know. Sometimes they sit and just imagine impossible great things happen to them(like becoming a superman)but they never do anything. It is a terrible ego disorder.

You'd better seek help quick bro. So much ado about nothing.
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ghostofsparta(m): 12:12am On Mar 19, 2013
gbigbega:

you are absolutely correct. We are not all made foolish.

Exactly my point
Re: Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites by ghostofsparta(m): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2013
gbigbega: this guys is just happy that is post made frontPage and he wants to keep it running, fanning his ego. I know your type; you bask is vain glory, you find pleasure in exalting your personality and making people feel you are somebody while you are not. I have seen people like you. one thing i know about your type is that they dont amount to anything and are never satisfied with what ever they have or accomplish and so exagerates it to anoybody who cares to know. Sometimes they sit and just imagine impossible great things happen to them(like becoming a superman)but they never do anything. It is a terrible ego disorder.

You'd better seek help quick bro. So much ado about nothing.

I indeed wish to become a super-human. Is wishful thinking a bad thing? How has it stopped anyone from doing whatever they please.

Anyways I'm serious about the OS thing, but most of y'all may deem it impossible and ludicrous if I describe the Concept in detail here.

And seriously stating, you don't know my type, you may believe you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians / Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5 / Trivia Coding Questions (euler Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.