Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help (843 Views)

How To Change IP Address On Android Device / How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript / Javascript Code Autocomplete In Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 22, 2013
I plan integrating google's address autocomplete in one of my php projects. Resources from google search has not really helped, tutorial-wise. Is anybody familiar with it's use / how to implement it? your help will be really appreciated. thanks
Re: Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help by Javanian: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2013
Your question is too vague undecided
Re: Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2013
Javanian: Your question is too vague undecided
are you familiar with google maps? and my question is clear enough
Re: Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help by WhiZTiM(m): 4:49am On Feb 24, 2013
sheyie2007: I plan integrating google's address autocomplete in one of my php projects. Resources from google search has not really helped, tutorial-wise. Is anybody familiar with it's use / how to implement it? your help will be really appreciated. thanks

kinda vague...but I think you meant search Autocompletion.

I don't think Google would allow third party developers to directly make use of their auto completion engines....
So, the google type is not so feasible.... but there are walk arounds of cause...

*the overly simplest can be found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6428502/google-search-autocomplete-api

+++NOw++++

*If you really want to do it professionally, you may have to use language and grammar models... with lots of error and statistical corrector and prediction systems... (this is easy, but , the better, the more difficult, and more server load)
...Well, I am a Natural Language Processing enthusiast.... so, I could help you out but I CANNOT in the next 2months because my Academics is my priority( since I fell out... been trying to migrate my CGPA back to the First level.. cool smiley smiley )

---here are simple and basic tips:
First of all, you gonna need some Ajax knowledge..(I dunno much on Ajax)
Secondly, a backend that does the work.

You need samples to serve as statistical models for a start so... to get some, you may have to type it and For every search, store it in your DB!
---next... just apply High School or Secondary School Statistics knowledge...
---nexti...(OPTIONAL) Apply a word correction system for each word typed --this is to correct mistakes such as "Nigerai" instead of "Nigeria" <<r1>>
---next... query where you stored previous searches with the "LIKE" in your SQL query to find similar matches and return the results!
---You can have an extra php script that should better refine this system for you.
---Use your intuition for the rest... You can come up with something good! believe it
---SImpLe!!!!

<<r1>> <- : this is something I haven't had the time to continue... but, maybe you'll understand
https://www.nairaland.com/1150055/simple-very-useful-word-sentence

Though as soon as am done with this semester.... I will hammer Natural Language Processing well......!! so, till then... see ya!! God keep us till then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Timothy.

1 Like

Re: Google Address Autocomplete - Need Help by netesy(m): 1:04am On Mar 04, 2013
try this site i think they have something like that codular.com

(1) (Reply)

Joomla Mobile View / Why Do Female Love Money Than Male? / Linux/unix OS Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.