Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia (3247 Views)

Chelsea Owner Abramovich To Choose Among The Italian Contending Managers / Mourinho And Abramovich To Clash Over Mata And Tores / Of Mko Abiola And Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by sunny4all(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2006
Roman Ambramovich will be arrested on his return to Russia following his financial support of Vladimir Putin's presidential rival Nikolay Kharitonov, leader of the Russian Communist party, in the build-up to the 2008 Presidential elections. Ambramovich will be striped of all assets and so his continued support of Chelsea Football Club seems unlikely. Chelse fan Yawa don gas.

Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2006
Who is this?

What did you know about this man? I guess NOTHING

He is the second richest man in England, with numerous investments( including Chelsea) but he hardly sleeps in England.

Give us the link to your story.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by salehm(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2006
Hey who is this?Plz where is the Moderator on Nairaland?Why will somebody come to Nairaland and spreading Rumours?Give us ur link
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by LoverBwoy(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2006
He is the second richest man in England, with numerous investments( including Chelsea) but he hardly sleeps in England

so? ? he brought his wealth from his country,where he could be prosecuted for some cooked up charges, he didnt make most of his money in England

the man has a shady past, i dont know about his recent trail or circumstances but Russia is full of big smiling mafias

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2005/10/02/ccabram02.xml
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2006
Jealousy! jealousy!!

What concern Agbero with Overload?

Leave the man alone jare.

Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by LoverBwoy(m): 8:53pm On May 04, 2006
thats the attitude that got nigeria going wink
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by 4Play(m): 1:56pm On May 06, 2006
The originator of this thread is evil.He wants to give Chelsea fans a heart attack.But this is what happens when the fortunes of a club is tied to the fortunes of one man. We have seen many times- b4 -e.g Cragnotti'sLazio,Gil's Athletico Madrid- that it is dangerous for a club to depend solely on the goodwill of a single benefactor.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by spikelord(m): 2:03pm On May 06, 2006
What's today's date??

Hope it's not April 1st
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 3:57pm On May 06, 2006
4 Play:

But this is what happens when the fortunes of a club is tied to the fortunes of one man. We have seen many times- before -e.g Cragnotti'sLazio,Gil's Athletico Madrid- that it is dangerous for a club to depend solely on the goodwill of a single benefactor.

Did you understand ownership?

How many percentage shares does Roman man have in Chelsea?

I am sure you dont know.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by 4Play(m): 4:27pm On May 06, 2006
Akolawole:

Did you understand ownership?

How many percentage shares does Roman man have in Chelsea?

I am sure you don't know.
Mr Abramovich actually owns 100% of Chelsea Fc shares.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 4:29pm On May 06, 2006
4 Play:

Mr Abramovich actually owns 100% of Chelsea Fc shares.

Really?

So he bought off 100% from Ken Bates.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by 4Play(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2006
@Akolawole
Yes he bought the whole lot.The same applies to the Glazers in Man Utd's case. That is part of the reason why Man Utd fans were angry,because it means ,as in Chelsea's case,that Utd are now a private company.
Interestingly Abramovich initially wanted to buy Man Utd,but he decided that the valuation (1.4billion dollars) was too high.So he instead bought Chelsea for around 150 million dollars,which meant he had spare cash to invest in the team.
The Glazers on the other hand,had to borrow money using Man Utd assets as collateral.But the flip side is that because of Man Utd's size, if the Glazers leave ,the club has enough assets to survive on it's own,Whereas,in Chelsea's case, there are no underlying assets to sustain the club if Abramovich leaves anytime soon.
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2006
4 Play:

@Akolawole
Yes he bought the whole lot.The same applies to the Glazers in Man Utd's case. That is part of the reason why Man Utd fans were angry,because it means ,as in Chelsea's case,that Utd are now a private company.
Interestingly Abramovich initially wanted to buy Man Utd,but he decided that the valuation (1.4billion dollars) was too high.So he instead bought Chelsea for around 150 million dollars,which meant he had spare cash to invest in the team.
The Glazers on the other hand,had to borrow money using Man Utd assets as collateral.But the flip side is that because of Man Utd's size, if the Glazers leave ,the club has enough assets to survive on it's own,Whereas,in Chelsea's case, there are no underlying assets to sustain the club if Abramovich leaves anytime soon.

The whole deal look somehow to me.

1) Ken Bates has 51% of the shares

2) Roman bought Bates' then other major shareholders.

3) Then the law allows him to buy the remainning.

The guy na another thing.

Do you know that the money he spend on his yahts is more than "how much chelsea cost him plus player's cost"
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Grizzly(m): 5:46am On May 13, 2006
Russians dont like this man an when i mean russians, i mean the poor, poor masses, cool
Re: Abramovich To Be Arrested On Return To Russia by Akolawole(m): 11:45am On May 13, 2006
Grizzly:

Russians don't like this man an when i mean russians, i mean the poor, poor masses, cool

Must they like him?

(1) (Reply)

/ Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Shows Off Her Bum At Gym (Photos) / Football Academy With Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.