Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54949 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by thehunted(m): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.

Most women do have happy marriages. Pray for this and stop looking at the negative side. Menopause dey come o.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by obowunmi(m): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
1. They're waiting for the perfect man.

2. Most men are chasing money.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Crystobalite: lol

Why brazillian hair nor dey there? undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fhemmmy: Cos now most men are no more going for women with no career.
Cos most women are no more into being an housewife
Cos some men are scared of ready made women
Cos some women are only looking for some quality that are found in [b]barbie dolls
[/b]
As funny as this seems, its realistic...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by noskeybaba: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
Too much shakara
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
noskeybaba: Too much shakara

there is nothing wrong with Shakara as long as it is done right and on the right reason . . . .
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nuzo1(m): 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
Say a girl witnesses her friends marry rich dudes with porche cars and choice houses as wedding gifts.

What would you expect this girl to do should one average dude come asking for her hand in marriage? grin

Fact is most are self inflicted, some are being pressured by family and society on choices, some are not so lucky while some are just not interested. undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
Richfella: Bro, betta husband don scarce.

Bro better wife too don scarce.Take note
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by thehunted(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: @Dailynews,am gonna shock u by stating 4 more reasons why a realistic,good and focused single will remain single at that age.
1.Men who came into her life belive she is good enough to be dated but not enough to go to the altar with i.e she has been jilted by men.
2.She lost the love of her life to the cold hand of death and she couldn't let go on time.
3.A single mother who most single men don't want to get married to becos they see them as loose.
4.Believe me,there are some women who has never been ask for a date by single men but married men due to their size,finance....

I hope u now understand the word 'programmed'.There are more than 30m women in Nigerian and I can bet my life that none of u will get to meet 1 percent in ur lifetimes so why the statement 'Nigerian girls are materialistic'.
I would have to love to ask what materialistic means but not for this thread.

Reply to ur point one. There is hardly a good girl who wouldn't see a guy to marry. Hardly.

Your points 2,3,4 are so rare.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by thehunted(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: @Dailynews,am gonna shock u by stating 4 more reasons why a realistic,good and focused single will remain single at that age.
1.Men who came into her life belive she is good enough to be dated but not enough to go to the altar with i.e she has been jilted by men.
2.She lost the love of her life to the cold hand of death and she couldn't let go on time.
3.A single mother who most single men don't want to get married to becos they see them as loose.
4.Believe me,there are some women who has never been ask for a date by single men but married men due to their size,finance....

I hope u now understand the word 'programmed'.There are more than 30m women in Nigerian and I can bet my life that none of u will get to meet 1 percent in ur lifetimes so why the statement 'Nigerian girls are materialistic'.
I would have to love to ask what materialistic means but not for this thread.

Reply to ur point one. There is hardly a good girl who wouldn't see a guy to marry. Hardly.

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
runs of course
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Why were women created in the first place
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Mamacita007(f): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Its this kind of post that make many women rush into the wrong marriage even when deres no love just to please people and to stop them from talking. Is not better to wait for the right person than to marry becos u're almost 30?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
sadeiyare: Why were women created in the first place

To complete you as a man and to worship God . . . .
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by karpentar: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
Where are the guys? Folks are unemployed or struggling with poor paying jobs. These situations are not ideal for marriage.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
over 95% of ladies want to marry somebody that has pocket size of BILL GATES. they must be in a deep slumber!! but how many of Bill Gates are really on planet Earth?? definitely only a handful ....dunno why these ladies keeps being unrealistic

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by delkuf(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
U guys are failing to look at it from another angle. LUV is fading away. there is no true luv any more
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Aggrippa: over 95% of ladies want to marry somebody that has pocket size of BILL GATES. they must be in a deep slumber!! but how many of Bill Gates are really on planet Earth?? definitely only a handful ....dunno why these ladies keeps being unrealistic

But you could reverse the role too and realize that the good husband materials are all gone, most are married, some are in jail and the rest has lost hope . . . tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
delkuf: U guys are failing to look at it from another angle. LUV is fading away. there is no true luv any more

Ummmmmm . . .
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by searay(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
One of the reason is PRIDE viz,
1. Physical pride
2. Vindication pride
3. Stubborn pride
4. Charity pride
5. Perfectionist pride
6. No excuses pride
7. Indignation pride
8. Intellectual pride etc

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by karpentar: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: Oops am seeing this late.I said it,most people on NL have been programmed to think one way.So immediately u see less,it means settling for a rich guy.
Fine,money is an important ingredient but is relative as far basic necessities of life is met.
Now,at this stage due to alot of influence,people get marry for the sake of I want to get marry.When I wrote 'less' I mean settling for a guy that is abusive,a wife beater,irresponsible etc.A guy u know u wont settle for if not for the pressure.

Why didn't you state it like this initially? Looks like an afterthought .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Da gr8tosyn: To my best of knowledge exposure can make or mar ladies of this generation, issue of environment and family back ground is a strongly influence in the Life of Ladies, making them to end up being Single parent; therefore Single Parent for example could easily make all female children grow up without fatherly love, atmosphere and believing it's interesting, and best to live as a single lady.

More so, it is not common for you to see a single lady at over 30years of age in most good homes where both parent exist. Please how do we correct the insanity of so many overdue (for marriage)single ladies and single parent in this part of the world, I strongly advice young ladies deviate from their mother’s believe( situation and condition) and come out different from the ways they are trained...?

Please what is your take on this topic?

Shouldn't you go and ask the over 30 years single ladies why they are still single? Or do you fear getting smacked in the face by one of them? Besides, why are you worried? How does it affect you? If you are happy and content with your own life, why do you care what others do with theirs? Are you afraid that if more Nigerian women fail to marry, you will be stuck having to cook, clean and wash your own clothes? Something that the average Nigerian bred male hates? or are you worried that you may have to spend more money patronizing ashawos since a wife is nowhere in sight?

Anyways, for discussion sake, let me take a wild guess as to why an increasing number of Nigerian ladies no longer marry before the age of 30:

1. They want to take their time finding the right partner so they don't end up marrying a potential murderer, serial cheat, a wife beater or a man who has a mother who does not like them and then one day stabs them in the abdomen. I mean you can't blame these single over 30 ladies considering all the domestic violence stories permeating from Nigeria.

2. They are few responsible Nigerian MEN that are marriage material. Just take a quick look at Nigerian society and you will see so many married men - and nowadays women - sleeping about with reckless abandonment while infecting their spouses with all sorts of STIs/STDs

3. The marriage institution has been bastardized and is no longer held sacred. This is why it is so easy for a Nigerian male to send his wife packing all because she keeps birthing female children or maybe no children at all. The rate of infidelity is very high as mentioned in point 2. Why go into a monogamous relationship with someone who has no intentions of staying faithful and thereby exposing you to all sorts of diseases many single ladies might ask themselves.

4. Most Nigerian bred men are filled with lust and want to fornicate during the dating/courtship period with a single lady. A christian lady may not be willing to compromise her body for some lustful lover boy who calls himself a boyfriend and hence chooses to wait till she comes across a God fearing man who is willing to keep the marriage bed undefiled.

5. Too many broke Nigerian bred men with no goals, ambition or the drive to succeed. Single ladies nowadays don't want to attach themselves to a sinking ship because they are gradually realizing that it ain't worth it in the long run.

6. Too many abusive Nigerian in-laws. Some single ladies feel they don't need that stress. After all, all human beings have only one life to live and everyone deserves a chance to be happy and live a peaceful life void of fights and unnecessary stress.

7. Some ladies want to finish university and have a career before settling down. Since the average Nigerian male in Nigeria does not live long due to incessant car accidents, illnesses, diabolical curses from extended family members etc, single ladies want to make sure that they and their potential children don't go hungry or homeless should the man pass away suddenly. They want to make sure they can keep sustaining themselves and their kids with the job they have. I can't blame the ladies considering that most Nigerian bred men don't write a will and even if they do, the wife hardly get's anything. Life insurance nko? Zero! So a lady got to do what a lady got to do to survive.

8.Some single ladies look around them and see only disgruntled married folks so they feel marriage is too much of a bed of thorns and hence not beneficial to them in the long run. Having their kids and living a peaceful stress free life void of an egoistic controlling husband and wicked in-laws seems like a better option to them.

9. Some ladies were victims of r*a*p.e or child sexual abuse and as a result don't enjoy sex due to the psychological impact caused by what they went through.

10. Some single ladies just don't feel marriage is for them. They do better on their own rather than when they are in a partnership so Nigerian society needs to respect that including YOU the OP.

So there you have it!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by victorD3: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Unemployment and economic hardship in Nigeria are major factors.

Partners keep dating for 5 to 8 yrs without the man proposing because he lacks the financial ability for our Nigerian expensive marriages. The girls wait and waits and finally moves on just to discover she's already 35yrs.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Charliemorgano(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
NAIJA LADIES IN CATEGORY
18-25....60% Young Uni Students in flexing age struggling to sleep with rich daddys for financial assistance
25-30....70% Dating One married man or the Other...Lecturer/Boss/LandLord etc(friendship with benefit)...some still continue in their 30s driving brand new cars courtesy of chiarman
30-35....50% of them Praying for Ceremonial husband that will give them a child while keeping the Chiarman as side attraction...Am not in a rush for Marriage i wana be ready made.lols

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by StateOfMind: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: Oops am seeing this late.I said it,most people on NL have been programmed to think one way.So immediately u see less,it means settling for a rich guy.
Fine,money is an important ingredient but is relative as far basic necessities of life is met.
Now,at this stage due to alot of influence,people get marry for the sake of I want to get marry.When I wrote 'less' I mean settling for a guy that is abusive,a wife beater,irresponsible etc.A guy u know u wont settle for if not for the pressure.

Welcome to nairaland.

The men here read what they want to read and understand what they want to understand.

They talk as if its only a woman that Is supposed to be of good character for marriage to take place. If you are a woman and you are not married at 30, you are greedy, promiscuous, not submissive, a gold digger, irresponsible,a feminist, barren, possessed, just name any bad thing.

But if you are a man and you are still single at 40, then you are a reasonable man taking his time to search well and not jumping into marriage, searching for a good wife material, trying to be financially capable of being the breadwinner, etc.

That's the society we live in. Women must share ALL the blame always.

If a woman opens a thread today on why
She doesn't need\want to get married, you'd see heaps of insults on that thread, but let a man open a similar thread, he'll receive pats on the back.

Someone was even suggesting men shouldn't give attention to women in their 30s like such women's lives depend 100% on their future spouses.

Marriage is NOT a do or die affair and I hope most of these never-ready men can just shusssh it!

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
The reason is that men ar so irresponsible.you'd see a lady dating a man for quite a long period of time cos they have a marriage agreement and he doesn't live up to his promises.why is everyone talking of ladies?what about men who are 35-40 still playing silly games.thEy are everywhere in Nigeria.men are not interested in commitment.they just want free s.ex for as long as they can.until maybe parents put pressue on them to marry.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
StateOfMind:

Welcome to nairaland.

The men here read what they want to read and understand what they want to understand.

They talk as if its only a woman that Is supposed to be of good character for marriage to take place. If you are a woman and you are not married at 30, you are greedy, promiscuous, not submissive, a gold digger, irresponsible,a feminist, barren, possessed, just name any bad thing.

But if you are a man and you are still single at 40, then you are a reasonable man taking his time to search well and not jumping into marriage, searching for a good wife material, trying to be financially capable of being the breadwinner, etc.

That's the society we live in. Women must share ALL the blame always.

If a woman opens a thread today on why
She doesn't need\want to get married, you'd see heaps of insults on that thread, but let a man open a similar thread, he'll receive pats on the back.

Someone was even suggesting men shouldn't give attention to women in their 30s like such women's lives depend 100% on their future spouses.

Marriage is NOT a do or die affair and I hope most of these never-ready men can just shusssh it!
don't mind the a.s.s holes

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by babanne(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.
u are so wrong.i know your not setling 4 less means lookin 4 an already wealthy person.d question is:is marriage all about money?money & material things are d reason many ladies remain unmarried because they are lookin 4 wealthy men.they dont know d essence of marriage.second,one reason 4 high divorce is due to lack of respect on d part of d woman & their inability 2 submit to their husband as god want them to be.i advice that you stop preaching matetialism as a basis for marriage and allow serious prospective wifes to think about d essence of matrimony,which are LOVE, SUBMISSION AND RESPECT.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
babanne: u are so wrong.not setlig 4 less means lookin 4 an already wealthy person.d question is:is marriage all about money?money & material things are d reason many ladies remain unmarried because they are lookin 4 wealthy men.they dont know d essence of marriage.seconf,one reason 4 high divorce is due lack of respect on d part of d woman & their inability 2 submit to their husband as god want them to be.i advice that you stop preaching matetialism as a basis for marriage and allow serious prospective wifes to think about d essence of mayrimony,which are LOVE, SUBMISSION AND RESPECT.
Dimwit.your school fee was a waste of money

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by StateOfMind: 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
thehunted:

You forgot to add the adjective 'good' to the guy too.

It aint about getting someone to marry, its also about a 'good' girl getting a good guy to marry.

Many nairaland guys, broke and rich(broke ones being in the majority) are always quick to label women greedy and after their supposed big account. So I ask, Who are those settling down with the broke\average guys? Their fellow men? Are all married nigerian men rich? Are all marriages rich marriages? Are all married women broke?

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by StateOfMind: 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
babanne: u are so wrong.not setlig 4 less means lookin 4 an already wealthy person.d question is:is marriage all about money?money & material things are d reason many ladies remain unmarried because they are lookin 4 wealthy men.they dont know d essence of marriage.seconf,one reason 4 high divorce is due lack of respect on d part of d woman & their inability 2 submit to their husband as god want them to be.i advice that you stop preaching matetialism as a basis for marriage and allow serious prospective wifes to think about d essence of mayrimony,which are LOVE, SUBMISSION AND RESPECT.

I put it to you that you are a broke guy and that broke state has affected your reasoning. How does 'not settling for less' translate to 'marry for money'. How has she preached materialism in her post? Stop being unnecessarily insecure. Go out there and work hard to take care of your family. When you are done doing that, open your eyes and search for good girls in the right places.

Most of you see decent and responsible ladies staring at you in the face but you fail to notice or go after them, instead you'll want to boost you ego by running after fake and golddigging ladies. And when you get burnt, you run to nairaland to scream ALL ladies are goldiggers.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by ichidodo: 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
lorretta u: Dimwit.your school fee was a waste of money
BIIITCH!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

When You Are No Longer In Love With Someone, Which of these Do You Do? / 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich / Why I Did Not Sleep With People's Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.