Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47908 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 16, 2013
Mr Van why hath ye stoppest thy story so abruptly?

I pray thee always remembers i havest a loaded AK47 riffle loaded, lest i use it on thy nyash
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2013
luvmijeje: *following*
Thanks ma'am
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:53am On Apr 16, 2013
lrguru: Mr Van why hath ye stoppest thy story so abruptly?

I pray thee always remembers i havest a loaded AK47 riffle loaded, lest i use it on thy nyash
AK47 Ah! I surrender o. Bro no vex, I wan do exam, I'll continue after 27th April.
Thanks for commenting bro.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Emeralddan(f): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2013
Chineke did u just 27 april....... I would have grown grey hairs by then na
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
Emerald dan: Chineke did u just 27 april....... I would have grown grey hairs by then na
Lwkmd..... Relax bro, ah go continue, it's just a week away na.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
Broda...its past 27th over here....or are the calendars different ?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
oyestephen: Broda...its past 27th over here....or are the calendars different ?
The calendars are different na. 27th is still about a week away here o. where are you Antarctica?grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2013
VanTee20:
The calendars are different na. 27th is still about a week away here o. where are you Antarctica?grin
On the moon cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2013
oyestephen:
On the moon cheesy
No wondersmiley.....
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:07am On Apr 21, 2013
Hi guys, I actually took a break from reading to write & post this episode. I hope y'll enjoy itsmiley.
_________
Episode 7
I stared at the phone disbelievingly.

... Haha! This is Nokia 3310 na. How did Stan manage to get this phone here?...

I switched the phone on. After the necessary booting, I noticed that the space meant for the network bars was completely empty that means no network and the service provider na MTN o. Nawa for those people, shebi them tell us say them service dey everywhere we go ni.

After several minutes of network search, one network bar propped up and I quickly dialled the first number that came to my mind, my mum's number.... No answer. I tried the number again.... No answer still.

It was then that I realised that I was wasting my time and battery trying to call mum because she will never pick a call placed by a number she's not familiar with. Ever since she picked a call one day and the person at the other end replied her hello with chants of incantation, she had stopped picking unknown calls.

I tried my old man's number and he picked it after the second ring.

'Hello sir,' I greeted, as I tried to think of the right words to explain my situation to him, but how do I explain something I don't even understand.

'Yes. Who am I speaking with?'

'It's me.'

'You? Who are you?' Dad asked, sounding irritated.

'Ha daddy. It's Van na, can't you recognize my voice again? I just want to tell you why you haven't seen me at home since yesterday, i was.........'

'Sorry. My son is in his room reading. You must have dialled the wrong number.'

'No, it's not.....' the disconnection sound met my protest. The line had gone dead.

I ran my hands through my dreads in despair. My mind was troubled as usual. I remembered that the Sage said I was physically away from home. Who then is the Van at home reading? I was totally confused.

At that point, an idea struck my mind. I picked the phone and dialled my number, the MTN number I used to use at home. The call was picked without hesitation.

'Hello,' A soft voice sang in my ears. The voice sounded exactly like mine.

'Who's that?' I asked nervously.

'It's Stan.'

I went livid with rage. It was Stan, my dead twin brother had taken my place at home.

'Oh Stan. Why are you doing all this?'

'What did I do?'

'You are still asking me what you did when you had me teleported so that you can live my life. Is that fair.'

'Easy Van,' Stan said, his voice calm and cool, I don't think mine was 'First, I didn't teleport you to Casvillé, the Sage did that and you know. Second, you don't seem to understand that I only took your place so that nobody will that you are away. I'm actually helping you.'

'Stan. For chrissake, you are dead. Why don't you stay in your grave and let me be.'

That somehow angered Stan and he replied hotly;

'What yeye life are you carrying on and on about? You see, I'm even starting to regret taking your place because your life is too boring. All you do is watch po'r'n and fantasize, you don't even have any girlfriend that I can nyansh.'

By that time I was already panting, something I couldn't quite explain. I gripped the phone tighter and said with all the venom I could muster;

'Stan, I don't need your help. When all these is over, I'm coming for you and when I get you, you'll regret ever knowing me.'

Stan laughed out long and hard and said;

'Mumu. Who told you that you'll return from Casvillé alive?'

That sentence took the wind off me, I groped for the bed and quickly sat down. Before I could say anything more, Stan had disconnected the call.

...Ha! Stan. If I catch you, I'll make sure you die the second time...

To be continued....

4 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2013
Oga this is not a good place to stop o!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2013
brokoto: Oga this is not a good place to stop o!
That will have to be it for now o. I will continue after the exam, jus help me manage that short onesmiley.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by An0nimus: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Maaaaaaddddd!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
An0nimus: Maaaaaaddddd!!!!!!
gringringrin. Thanks for commenting bro.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 12:36am On Apr 22, 2013
That twin bro of urs need to be killed the second time....
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:45am On Apr 22, 2013
oyestephen: That twin bro of urs need to be killed the second time....
Yes my bro....the guy na big problem.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
E do jawe my guy, we need to read well 4 d saturday exam, but if i no see update no saturday afternoon, i go show u pepper.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Damex333: E do jawe my guy, we need to read well 4 d saturday exam, but if i no see update no saturday afternoon, i go show u pepper.
Saturday afternoon ke? Haba my bloda! won't you let me rest after the exam?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by An0nimus: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Damex333: E do jawe my guy, we need to read well 4 d saturday exam, but if i no see update no saturday afternoon, i go show u pepper.
Damexx pity our guy nau biko grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Jiteshell(f): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Love the story.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
This story is lovely, keep the good work up Mr. Van.
*following like crazy*.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
An0nimus:
Damexx pity our guy nau biko grin
Thanks jawe my bro. Oya chop and swallow knucklesgringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Jiteshell: Love the story.
Thank you sirsmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Marian17: This story is lovely, keep the good work up Mr. Van.
*following like crazy*.
Thanks ma'am.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Emeralddan(f): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2013
VanTee20:
Lwkmd..... Relax bro, ah go continue, it's just a week away na.
sowie am a lady
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Emerald dan: sowie am a lady
My bad! Sorry ma.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Jiteshell(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2013
VanTee20:
Thank you sirsmiley.
am a lady
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:50am On Apr 26, 2013
Oops! Sorry ma'am
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2013
VanTee20: Oops! Sorry ma'am

Owk.. I don comment
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Owk.. I don comment
Which comment? I no see am jor. See, you must comment o.....you know say you were d one wey call for me to write this episode.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Van, JAMB don finish now. Won't you continue again?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
I'm back my people. No vex say I neva update since o. Oya take this one and please drop una comments.

EPISODE 7(contd.)

I sat still on the bed. I was trying to make senses out of my conversation with Stan.

... Will I really die here in Casville? How will I die? What will kill me?...

I suddenly remembered the scroll. Yes! The fat scroll. The Sage had said that It contained all the important things I need to know.

I sprang up from the bed and walked to where I had dropped the scroll. I picked it up and gently unfolded it.

Damn! I couldn't even read a word. It was written in conc. Latin. I must find a translator for this one o.

Just then three men, Micus and two guards, walked in.

'Athanasius, hast thou forgotten thy appointment with our lord, the King?' Micus asked.

'Gosh! I have forgotten,' I said 'Let me change this my soiled shirt. I'll be with you in a second.

EPISODE 8 is loading...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.