Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,438 members, 7,808,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Help! Save A Relationship!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Save A Relationship!! (3100 Views)

Help! Save My Relationship. Mum Can't Let Me! / Please Help Save My Dying Relationship. / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
Am not so regular on this forum but am trusting you all for help.
Have got a bf who I really love and cherish so much I can prove the depth of my love for him.

When I started dating my bf here were thing I noticed in him:
He hardly calls, msgs, he doesn't use my pic as his dp, he doesn't really show it by his pms. He just saved my name on his fone, notn special attached to it. And my thoughts were maybe he was finding it difficult to be with me cos he was hurt in his previous relationship.
And yes have been hurt previously too

I complained but then his excuses were:
He's often busy, he doesn't like calling that much...etc

When I started dating him, his family knew me. So it wasn't an hidden thing.
My bf doesn't trust me one bit, he often accuses me of seeing someone else and all that.
Truth be told, I get advances but av often stated it to whoeva cares to listen that am hooked already. Though none of my family has ever met him but they know him cos I tell them about him.
I call him when I can, I try my best messaging.

Now the shocker came, my bf is tired of me.
His reasons are, am fake(I dnt knw why), am not being real, I flirt with boiz a lot, whenever am with him my fone is switched off.

He's not new to finding my fone switched off even when we were not together. He's asked for my yahoomail Id and pswd and I gave it to him but its not loggn me in. He thinks am lying and all of that and I told him to use fb to log into my yahoo there he can check mail msgs n others.

I called his mum when all these drama happened today to inform Her of his actions and she asked me to keep in touch with him, stay and kip lovn him regardless.

Right now am losing my mind, as I type am sick and don't know if I'd survive this.
He's someone who has brought joy to my life.
Pls someone, anyone shd help.
Pls limit the insults cos I know it happens. And am not young enough to be in a relationship for those who will come n comment that am a kid. This is not a kid relationship pls be informed.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by baibijayyahoo(f): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
from my opinion, he isnt in love with you...
advice: if you have to go with what his mum said, then you will kip tryin to make things work, hu knows one day he mit love you bac as much.

but if it ma problem, i would have left long before now, right from when he started givin all the attitude of not calling and so on..
knowing his parent doesnt mean he would love you, xo be wise, marriage isnt for 5years, its for - everrrr......

1 Like

Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Davico(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
At OP i know how u feel BUT There is no smoke without fire, u are not telling us the whole truth. This guy can not come up with this aligations without evidence so pls tell us the whole truth so that we can help u.tnx
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by LeOstrich: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
nah by force to date the guy?

1 Like

Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
If he doesnt love u anymore y dont u go?afterall is he the only man on earth and i think all he is saying is not mere accusation cos he cant tell u switch off ur phone when it always on and flirt with his friends when u dont,it might be de way u play with them or maybe he was just using u.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by KateSpade(f): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
NeeFEmi:
He's someone who has brought joy to my life.

He doesn't trust you, asks for your passwords so he can spy on u and insults you. This doesnt sound like joy.

1 Like

Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by overdrive(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Is he the last man standing u shld learn to appreciate and value u self before any man can take u serious.I advice u mourn him for some time then move on wt ur life no man (who doesn't value u)is worth having sleepless nights over.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Davico: At OP i know how u feel BUT There is no smoke without fire, u are not telling us the whole truth. This guy can not come up with this aligations without evidence so pls tell us the whole truth so that we can help u.tnx

Thanks.
Well that's the truth. He says his friends do see me who I don't know of.
S don't jettison the fact that am in higher institution and in my final year. I have male friends but that doesn't mean that I have aan affair with them.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
baibijay@yahoo.:
from my opinion, he isnt in love with you...
advice: if you have to go with what his mum said, then you will kip tryin to make things work, hu knows one day he mit love you bac as much.

but if it ma problem, i would have left long before now, right from when he started givin all the attitude of not calling and so on..
knowing his parent doesnt mean he would love you, xo be wise, marriage isnt for 5years, its for - everrrr......

Av tried asking him if he's willing to make this relationship work and he's like he would ccall when he gets back home that he can't talk now.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Le Ostrich: nah by force to date the guy?

Nope, not by force. I dnt praay for u to be in my shoe where one partner truly loves and the other doesn't. See it
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sniffa: If he doesnt love u anymore y dont u go?afterall is he the only man on earth and i think all he is saying is not mere accusation cos he cant tell u switch off ur phone when it always on and flirt with his friends when u dont,it might be de way u play with them or maybe he was just using u.

His friends that I know are on the other end with him where he is and we don't even talk let alone I flirt with them.
And true he's not the only one on earth but its not just easy. If he let's go off the relaationship I don't have to tie him down. Lovve is to be recciprocated not forced.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
NeeFEmi:

Nope, not by force. I dnt praay for u to be in my shoe where one partner truly loves and the other doesn't. See it

Compare this ^ statement with ur signature and tell me if u were actually the one that typed both. After then, i can dish out my advice.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
KateSpade:

He doesn't trust you, asks for your passwords so he can spy on u and insults you. This doesnt sound like joy.

Maybe but I just gave him the password today. At least to prove I avnt been into aanything shady.
He tried logging in and acccess was denied and I told him to use the boxx below which stated log in with facebook to ur yahoo.
He jusst ended up saying I didn't want him to avv the access cos of things I know he would find.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
overdrive: Is he the last man standing u shld learn to appreciate and value u self before any man can take u serious.I advice u mourn him for some time then move on wt ur life no man (who doesn't value u)is worth having sleepless nights over.

Thanks am Grateful
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

Compare this ^ statement with ur signature and tell me if u were actually the one that typed both. After then, i can dish out my advice.
Yes I was
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by luvmijeje(f): 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
Op when u love some1 then you respect that person.As babe to babe,if ur hand is truely clean ur phone is not suppose to be switch off.Your guy has a reason to be suspicious of u.
If u really love him,clean up ur act,as u can see,he is not a fool.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by tellwsdom: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
cry
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by tellwsdom: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
How can he like you when you don't have a big yanshh undecided
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by baibijayyahoo(f): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
tellwsdom: How can he like you when you don't have a big yanshh undecided
shocked tell me what i dont know.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
luvmijeje: Op when u love some1 then you respect that person.As babe to babe,if ur hand is truely clean ur phone is not suppose to be switch off.Your guy has a reason to be suspicious of u.
If u really love him,clean up ur act,as u can see,he is not a fool.

You are a lady like me. Am not expecting you to bacck me up on this but its custom for my fone to switcch off at exact set times except if its in use.
And he has often known that even when we chat he would ask me to leave my fone on when we just started initially. Once I slept off the fone autimatically goes off at its time and then he caalls next morning to say I had switcched off

Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
well, this is a one-sided story and I don't like one-sided stories. But i promised to dish out my advice and here it goes:
The guy you described above does not respect you one bit and I don't know how ladies cope with that but I can't. At the same time, i think this might be a trying time in your relationship(seems like the relationship is pretty young), so, i wouldn't say you should bail out just yet. Just have a good heart-to-heart talk with him and tell him you want to be treated like a princess. If he's not ready to do that, tell him he can't have you. Guys tend to take girls for granted when they notice that the girls are sooooooo much in 'love' with them. That's why a little bit of tough won't hurt, @least, till he learns to love and respect you.
If he continues with the act, then, maybe it's time to look elsewhere but the truth is "NO GUY DESERVES YOUR TEARS". And where is the joy thing coming from if he's been treating you like this since you started the relationship.
Besides, why is your phone always off when you are with him? You can earn trust in your relationship, but you have to earn it, guyz don't just trust anyhow, especially our niger girls!

NOTE: I'm giving out advice strictly based on your side of the story. Although, it seems to me like there is more to it. Have you ever had side boyfriends in your previous relationships or when you just started that he knows about
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by baibijayyahoo(f): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
NeeFEmi:

Av tried asking him if he's willing to make this relationship work and
he's like he would ccall when he gets back home that he can't talk
now.
dear it the right thing, you guys should talk about it. and work things out
i feel you have put alot of your feeling into this relationship and if it end you will feel vry bad.
all i can say is you try and be strong. hope for the best from you talk with him but still expect the worst...
wish you luck
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by starlightRR(m): 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Too much of sex or lack of sex is involved here....i ve a feeling you cut out the bad part in your story anyways I think the guy has lost interest in the relationship..... take some timeout to breathe
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
alutacontinua: well, this is a one-sided story and I don't like one-sided stories. But i promised to dish out my advice and here it goes:

Besides, why is your phone always off when you are with him? You can earn trust in your relationship, but you have to earn it, guyz don't just trust anyhow, especially our niger girls!

??

Sister, I appreciate the effort. My fone is always off when am with him cos I dnt often use it while with him so it goes off.
Its just like the same with my books, I dnt read dem when with him, they might be in my bag but I dnt use them. It doesn't mean I dnt read dem when not with him.
I just believe in giving him the respect, why should I read or ping when am with him
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
baibijay@yahoo.:

dear it the right thing, you guys should talk about it. and work things out
i feel you have put alot of your feeling into this relationship and if it end you will feel vry bad.
all i can say is you try and be strong. hope for the best from you talk with him but still expect the worst...
wish you luck
Thanks a lot. Am waiting for him to be free when I talk to him.

I wish you aall the best too aand thanks to everyone who has contributed so far so good
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
starlight®®:
Too much of sex or lack of sex is involved here....i ve a feeling you cut out the bad part in your story anyways I think the guy has lost interest in the relationship..... take some timeout to breathe

Lol thanks too
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
bwaaaah! women and their one sided way of looking at life......see as the OP first started her story by numerating the stuff that this guy is doing that is "so wrong to her"...... no dp photo bla bla bla. i was expecting to read that she dumped him, but the catch was that the guy got fed up of her complaints and probably bounced out of the r/ship. now she is here asking us where is the love bla bla bla. lol!

@OP
if you had any clues about what love was (to begin with), then you would have accepted this man for who he was, and enjoy love life with him, instead of nagging till he ran away from you.
as for why your family never met him......... lipsrsealed

here is MBJ's advice: a man doesnt want you, you move on with your life!
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Davico(m): 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
alutacontinua: well, this is a one-sided story and I don't like one-sided stories. But i promised to dish out my advice and here it goes:
The guy you described above does not respect you one bit and I don't know how ladies cope with that but I can't. At the same time, i think this might be a trying time in your relationship(seems like the relationship is pretty young), so, i wouldn't say you should bail out just yet. Just have a good heart-to-heart talk with him and tell him you want to be treated like a princess. If he's not ready to do that, tell him he can't have you. Guys tend to take girls for granted when they notice that the girls are sooooooo much in 'love' with them. That's why a little bit of tough won't hurt, @least, till he learns to love and respect you.
If he continues with the act, then, maybe it's time to look elsewhere but the truth is "NO GUY DESERVES YOUR TEARS". And where is the joy thing coming from if he's been treating you like this since you started the relationship.

NOTE: I'm giving out advice strictly based on your side of the story. Although, it seems to me like there is more to it. Have you ever had side boyfriends in your previous relationships or when you just started that he knows about
good one i support this
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: bwaaaah! women and their one sided way of looking at life......see as the OP first started her story by numerating the stuff that this guy is doing that is "so wrong to her"...... no dp photo bla bla bla. i was expecting to read that she dumped him, but the catch was that the guy got fed up of her complaints and probably bounced out of the r/ship. now she is here asking us where is the love bla bla bla. lol!

@OP
if you had any clues about what love was (to begin with), then you would have accepted this man for who he was, and enjoy love life with him, instead of nagging till he ran away from you.
as for why your family never met him......... lipsrsealed

here is MBJ's advice: a man doesnt want you, you move on with your life!

Sorry I complained forehand and that ended there. I stated it in my post that I guessed it waas all because he was hurt in his previous relationship.

I call him on basis since he wasn't and I try saying hello when I can.
And I accepted him for what he was but accusing me of seeing other men is aa no go area.
I hope u get my drift
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
^^^^ how can you say that you accepted the guy for who he was, yet COMPLAIN about the stuff that you supposedly accepted?! lol! abeg make some sense in your posts. if you love someone, then take them as they are, and love them, basta!!!!! dont come up with IFs, BUTs or MAYBEs. now you thought (like most women) that you could change a man, and it backfired on you. oh well.

there is not much you can do at this stage but let go and hope he will give you another chance someday.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by NeeFEmi(f): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ how can you say that you accepted the guy for who he was, yet COMPLAIN about the stuff that you supposedly accepted?! lol! abeg make some sense in your posts. if you love someone, then take them as they are, and love them, basta!!!!! dont come up with IFs, BUTs or MAYBEs. now you thought (like most women) that you could change a man, and it backfired on you. oh well

Sorry av never tried. To change him and I want to assume you didn't understand or see my "complained forehand" before accepting who he was. Pls I don't want to repeat myself and thanks.
Re: Help! Save A Relationship!! by tellwsdom: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
baibijay@yahoo.:

shocked tell me what i dont know.

How far??...msg me...do u wear g-strings? sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Types Of Girls You Should Never Marry / I Have PM Rokiatu Several Times But She Does / 10 Signs You're With The Person You should Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.