Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares (2290 Views)

Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov / Jonathan Will Contest In 2015 – Edwin Clark / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by ifebosco: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
I will contest presidency in 2015 – Buhari declares

After months of tittle-tattle and gossips over his political aspiration, leader of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Muhammadu Buhari has finally stated that he would not turn down the offer to become the presidential flagbearer of the All Progressive Congress, APC, in 2015.

The retired General who was a guest on a live Hausa programme of DITV, Kaduna on Sunday, revealed that he still has the intention to run for the nation’s number one seat.

On the issue of sharing of national offices and selection of candidates for elective positions, the three-time contender for the presidency assured that APC will follow due process.

“Many people especially from my party are really disturbed. The joyful thing is that I didn’t say I quit politics. I will never quit politics as far as I am live. I only said that I will not present myself to contest but if my party members said they want me to remain in the race. I will.”

“Since I am in the new party as a member, if after consultations they included me among their aspirants, I will not reject their offer. This is what I want people to know. I want people to be patient with what we are doing now. They should allow the merger to succeed first. I am sure the new party leaders will know those that are relevant and saleable to Nigerians electorate,” he said.

Observers say Buhari’s declaration of interest will further unsettle the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, which is closely monitoring development in the new mega party.

Buhari has a demi-god status in the North, especially the eastern and western axis.

With millions of supporters spread across the different states. His party’s alliance with other top opposition platform will no doubt give the ruling PDP sleepless nights in the build up to the next general election.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/02/19/i-will-contest-presidency-in-2015-buhari-declares/
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nocommentever: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
No comment

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
With all due respect, Buhari has been unstable on the issue of whether he'll contest or not. From 2011 till date, he's been contradicting himself. Is this how he'll 'unstabilise' our country if elected?
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Burger01(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sai Buhari, please contest. Give us a break and lose. Btw, we don't want another crocodile tears on national TV...that would be better done in your village.. **PDP smiles**

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by FreeGlobe(f): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
hahahahaha, under CPC or APC? lol. PDP stays winning.

Sai Buhari/Tinubu 2015

cheesy
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: With all due respect, Buhari has been unstable on the issue of whether he'll contest or not. From 2011 till date, he's been contradicting himself. Is this how he'll 'unstabilise' our country if elected?
Jamb question! has Jonathan being able to stabilize the country too? rubbish!

Buhari, come 2015,you surely have my votes. Sai Buhari!

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Odunnu: 6:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
Under APC? Even if my Daddy, is your running mate, i'll vote against you.
Bloody fundamentalist.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by peckhamboi: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: With all due respect, Buhari has been unstable on the issue of whether he'll contest or not. From 2011 till date, he's been contradicting himself. Is this how he'll 'unstabilise' our country if elected?

He said he is contesting and if you don't like it, go hang yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Dede1(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Muhammadu Buhari, the former cattle driver, is turning into a perennial presidential candidate in the jungle called Nigeria. I guess this shameless opportunist will even run for presidency from his grave.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by FreeGlobe(f): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dede1: Muhammadu Buhari, the former cattle driver, is turning into a perennial presidential candidate in the jungle called Nigeria. I guess this shameless opportunist will even run for presidency from his grave.
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by alkadriyar(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
u have been misled by the topic and i dont think u read d post. Buhari did not say he' must contest. But on condition if his party members allow him.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by aurenflani: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Odunnu: Under APC? Even if my Daddy, is your running mate, i'll vote against you.
Bloody fundamentalist.

Is it Buhari you will not vote for or APC? Will you vote for another Muslim candidate? No.

There you have it. Vote for yours and we vote for our own too provided is Buhari or someone with some level of integrity.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by klolly: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gen. Buhari would be a bad market for APC, because of the slaugther of NYSC members after the past presidential election is still fresh in the hearts of Nigerians. I would recommend one of the performing ACN governors and Sen. Ngige as vice president if they really want to have a run with the big PDP.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by OAM4J: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
Misleading Title. He has not said anything different from what he said before.

“Many people especially from my party are really disturbed. The joyful thing is that I didn’t say I quit politics. I will never quit politics as far as I am live. I only said that I will not present myself to contest but if my party members said they want me to remain in the race. I will.”

“Since I am in the new party as a member, if after consultations they included me among their aspirants, I will not reject their offer. This is what I want people to know. I want people to be patient with what we are doing now. They should allow the merger to succeed first. I am sure the new party leaders will know those that are relevant and saleable to Nigerians electorate,” he said.

.... same thing he said months ago.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sai Buhari
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by tomakint: 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ok Sir! cool I hope he is contesting as the Chief Imam of the Central Mosque of Katsina cheesy Buhari with practical jokes shaa cheesy
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sai Buhari! No more badluck...
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by dexla(f): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
My 100% votes for Buhari 2015. We need a change in Nigeria. Someone with integrity and Buhari is d perfect example.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 23, 2013

Ah, dont worry about his being 'unstable', lets concentrate on your GEJ that promised to serve one term and hand over to Igbos.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Gboliwe: 5:20am On Feb 23, 2013
Buhari again? No.
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Pygru: 5:36am On Feb 23, 2013
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by omenka(m): 6:03am On Feb 23, 2013
The PDP propaganda machinery has gone into overdrive. Only impatient kids with little capacity to read and comprehend would be misled by this most mischievious topic. Nowhere in his statement did he say 'I will contest' as the baloon headed OP is insinuating.

2015 elections is over 2yrs away but you and your fellow band of thieves have already started pissing in ur pants over the posibility of having Buhari assume the No1 position in the land.

And as for sincerenigerian, I wanna ask, between Buhari and your pea brain master, who is more unstable? Your master kept bouncing around like a wound-up toy back in 2011 when asked about his ambition and he still does today.
I could vividly remember the media chat in 2011, when he was asked if he was going to contest or not, hear him: 'if I say I am going to contest now, PEOPLE
WOULD START FEELING ONE KIND'!!!! Trademark retardeen!
That person should be around some street corner in Bayelsa fixing bad tires!

That sed, should the gentleman decide to contest, he has my vote and that of many friends and neighbors of mine. It is high time we got rid of these virmins and cleptocrats that have been gangraping the country, afflicting her with all manners of STDs since '99!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 23, 2013
omenka:

And as for sincerenigerian, I wanna ask, between Buhari and your pea brain master, who is more unstable? Your master kept bouncing around like a wound-up toy back in 2011 when asked about his ambition and he still does today.

I could vividly remember the media chat in 2011, when he was asked if he was going to contest or not, hear him: 'if I say I am going to contest now, PEOPLE WOULD START FEELING ONE KIND'!!!! Trademark retardeen!

Lmaooooooo

hahahahahaha My ribs

Lmaaaoooo

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by miiraaj: 6:36am On Feb 23, 2013

Hehehehe! You and your boss must be wetting your pants...

APC all the way! cheesy
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by miiraaj: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2013
OAM4J: Misleading Title. He has not said anything different from what he said before.

.... same thing he said months ago.

All the laptop dogs know the title is misleading. They are only being mischievous.

But all the same....

SAI BUHARI! cheesy
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by miiraaj: 6:46am On Feb 23, 2013
omenka: The PDP propaganda machinery has gone into overdrive. Only impatient kids with little capacity to read and comprehend would be misled by this most mischievious topic. Nowhere in his statement did he say 'I will contest' as the baloon headed OP is insinuating.

2015 elections is over 2yrs away but you and your fellow band of thieves have already started pissing in ur pants over the posibility of having Buhari assume the No1 position in the land.

I could vividly remember the media chat in 2011, when he was asked if he was going to contest or not, hear him: 'if I say I am going to contest now, PEOPLE
WOULD START FEELING ONE KIND'!!!! Trademark retardeen!

That sed, should the gentleman decide to contest, he has my vote and that of many friends and neighbors of mine. It is high time we got rid of these virmins and cleptocrats that have been gangraping the country, afflicting her with all manners of STDs since '99!

LWKMD!

My belle wan burst with laff!
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by ochukoccna: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2013
Sai Buhari
If you get the ticket,be rest assured you have my vote&that of my sphere of influence
I'd rather vote in an 'old senile' Buhari than a younger thieving incompetent Ebele Ali Baba Jonathan and his tribe of treasury looters
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by lateef4me(m): 11:13am On Feb 23, 2013
Join your hands together,contribute money like some of you did in 2011 ,I tell you and I lie not that Buhari can NEVER become president of this nation again .....

I only fear for the needless lives that will be lost when he loses cos that's his fate even if he contests hundred times !
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by tomakint: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2013
miiraaj:

Hehehehe! You and your boss must be wetting your pants...

APC all the way! cheesy
'Mirage' indeed, you couldn't have named yourself better 'miiraaj' definitely by the time the election would be over come 2015, you will realize that all what you are seeing now is nothing but a 'mirage' becos Jonathan will still carry the day....keep dreaming, hoping in ur illusion undecided
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by mike404(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Odunnu: Under APC? Even if my Daddy, is your running mate, i'll vote against you.
Bloody fundamentalist.
Ezigbo Ada Igbo
Re: I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares by Ngwakwe: 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
I wanted to make the first comment on sighting this thread but unfortunately my heart jumped into my stomach and I fainted.

I was anticipating that APC will be a great alternative Party where the founding fathers will forgo their individual ambitions for promising younger performers, great achievers and captains of Industries to force PDP to change or invariable wrestle Power from PDP.

I will be disappointed if Buhari becomes APC Presidential Flag bearer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Exclusive: Nigeria Lunches Rocket/missile Vehicles / Omisore Campaigning With Masked Suspected Terrorist -APC / Breaking! Nafdac Begin Test Of Herbal Ebola Cure From Nigerian Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.