Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Kasala - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kasala (12108 Views)

Kasala Don Burst Oooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kasala by oyestephen(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
@redmosquito i'll be joining you and my 'brothers' over there pretty soon
@zubike i'm just discovering this 'treasure in words' now, but satisfied with the contents...fantastic!
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
thanks alot man....happy you like it
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by Dyoungstar: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
It took me years to discover NL and i must confess since i discovered it my life has changed through your write ups (to all the writers)am Impressed. Mr. Zubike i love your your write up and would love you to continue on it.

I cant wait any longer...
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dyoungstar: It took me years to discover NL and i must confess since i discovered it my life has changed through your write ups (to all the writers)am Impressed. Mr. Zubike i love your your write up and would love you to continue on it.

I cant wait any longer...

Thanks the young star didn'tt know anyone was reading it thats why i stopped would update it for you.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by beriangel(f): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nyc write up. Captivatin nd suspense filled. Kip up d gud wrk nd plss com nd update oooo
Re: Kasala by Ameenabalarabe(f): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Nyc write up. .
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
beriangel: Nyc write up. Captivatin nd suspense filled. Kip up d gud wrk nd plss com nd update oooo

Many thanks
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Kasala by Bolt2011(m): 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Well done Zuby, u never disappoint.
Great work
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2013
Bolt2011: Well done Zuby, u never disappoint.
Great work

Thanks bolt....
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Yinka gets home to find her grandson hale and hearty. He rushes to greet her and she lets out a burst of tears and holds him close. Kissing his head, she gives him Miomio (bean cake) to eat and he nibbles it fast. She gets excited by his appetite and offers him hers, which he also nibbles. She kisses his forehead then gets Gari and they both drink it, after which she tells him a story, during which he falls asleep. Yinka is so happy and she searches the house for something she can give Iya the next day, to thank her but she finds nothing if value. So she decides to carry her grandson there with her in the morning, to show her gratitude.

Nike gets home. She and her mum get out of the car and she holds her mother’s hand and leads her to the door. They get inside, only to encounter her dad and Tunde. Tunde orders them to keep quiet and tells Nike to lead them to her car. When they get there, he looks through the window and a bright smile beams on his face. He orders her to open the door and she tries but her hand trembles. Angrily, he seizes the key and as soon as he inserts it, he is distracted by the sound of brakes screeching.

“Shit!” he screams. “Get in! Those bastards are here!”
Re: Kasala by Sheidymama: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2013
I soooo love dis write up. I also love au u move from one character to another. Thumbs up,more updates.

1 Like

Re: Kasala by buskeske: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hhmmmmm, this is a very deep and interesting
Story, I'm in love with the story, pls come
And continue
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sheidymama: I soooo love dis write up. I also love au u move from one character to another. Thumbs up,more updates.

buskeske:
Hhmmmmm, this is a very deep and interesting
Story, I'm in love with the story, pls come
And continue

Thank you guys for the support. I'll continue i a bit.... Check out my facebook page @ www.facebook.com/pages/Dont-JOIN/388942974500182

its the official page of my 1st published novels and sure you guys would like it.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
The Guards have just arrived on the scene. Tunde races into the house with Nike’s family. He orders them to stay down. From nowhere, the police van arrives behind the taxi and they engage in an exchange of gunfire. The policemen shoot two guards dead and suddenly one of them accidentally releases teargas. Inside the van, they begin to choke and struggle to get out.

Nike is crying in a corner, telling her mum something bad is going to happen. “I am getting a weird sensation; something is happening to me.” Her mum tries to cover her mouth so she won’t attract Tunde’s attention while Nike’s dad picks up a bottle and begins to sneak up behind Tunde. His plan is to knock Tunde unconscious by smashing it on his head. He gets closer when he hears a sound and he looks up. The fan detaches from the ceiling and slices his head clean off – his head rolls onto the floor. Nike’s mother faints. As his lifeless body hits the floor, the bottle breaks, spilling its contents on an electrical socket. This leads to a power surge and the current dies, leaving them in total darkness. Nike hits her mother hard, in an attempt to revive her.
Tunde lights a lighter and Nike walks toward him. “Shoot me or you will die!” she screams. “I know I am cursed; the spirit of death hovers around me.”

Tunde is confused, wondering why a beautiful young girl would plead for death. “I am sorry. All this wasn’t supposed to happen. I was meant to come here, get my statue and go,” he replies to her.
She walks towards him and she can hear the howls. She breaks down in tears and screams, “Somebody is going to die if you don’t shoot me!”

Check out my facebook page @ www.facebook.com/pages/Dont-JOIN/388942974500182

its the official page of my 1st published novels am sure you guys would like it.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
zubike01 please continue the story oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i am waiting.....
and please make the updates longer....
the story is sooo deep; i love the way u jump from one character to the other;i wish i could write like this...

p.s please also check out my story on nairaland...
here's d link..

https://www.nairaland.com/1322268/pleasant-surprise
thanks.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
so when is d next update??
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2013
He rushes forward to get a hold of her and slips in the liquid from the broken bottle. His gun fires and the bullet hits her mother. Tunde’s fall is hard and he is knocked unconscious.

Outside, the policemen and the Guards are still battling. Most of the policemen are dead; only one is left, alongside the taxi driver. But they are seriously choking from the teargas. The taxi driver puts his head out; a bullet hits it and blood splatters. The last surviving policeman attempts to turn the car’s ignition. Nike comes out of the house and he looks at her, mistakenly leaves the gear in drive and steps on the pedal with great force. The van crashes into the taxi at great speed, his body is propelled through the windshield, and he lands on the ground; dead.
One of the injured guards crawls out of the car and can barely walk. He sights Nike and screams, “Give me the statue!” But Nike can’t hear a word he is saying; she just wants to leave that environment and go to a place where she can’t hurt anybody else. So she gets into her car and zooms off.

The injured Guard begins to recite some incantation and rubs strange oil on his sores. The oil causes him great pain and he screams and continues the incantation, then he gets up feeling much better. He picks up his gun from the ground and begins to look around for a pot he could use to locate Nike. He enters her house but can’t see a thing because of the power outage. So he goes out, takes a very cozy position in the garden, and drops several drops of the oil he used on his wound, in his mouth. He squeezes his face as he forces the bitter liquid down his throat, then he falls asleep.

Nike drives to a dark alley where she comes out of the car and sits by the wall. Two street thugs who are sleeping close by, wake up and attempt to assault her. She pleads with them to leave her alone because she doesn’t want them dead but they don’t stop. They slap her, push her on the floor, and attempt to remove her clothes. She hears the howls and wonders what is going to happen next. They succeed in removing her jeans and they began to argue about who’ll have the first turn. One pushes the other and his head hits a rod that spikes out of the wall and it pierces his head. The other moves back in fear and falls into a gutter. His spine is injured and he gets paralyzed so he drowns in a pool of brackish waste that fills up the gutter. Nike gets up and puts on her jeans. She seems happy that the thugs are dead, so she sits back down to rest, using the dead body of the other thug as a pillow.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
hey, what is going to happen next oooo....
Azubuike biko..update by tomorrow...
Abeg

dalu..
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Queen has been watching her daughter Shola sleep for a while. She has tried to join in but can’t for her heart is heavy and she is frightened. She begins to cry and her wailing wakes Shola up. Shola asks her why she is crying and she explains it to her. Shola tries to console her mother and begins to talk about Ogunshola and the mission he was sent on.
Ogunshola receives strength and gets up to see the Babalawo sleeping. He taps him and says to him, “Baba, please teach me to feel strong.”

The Babalawo turns his sleepy eyes and says to him, “You have to sleep for eight hours before you recover from the effect. You are only feeling strong because your love is crying for you. Go back to sleep and we will train tomorrow.” Ogunshola lies down back but cannot sleep – even though it strengthens him, the thought of Shola crying weakens his heart. Suddenly he begins to feel light-headed, weak, and heavy and his eyes close.

The Queen and the Princess console each other and they both feel it is time to sleep but not the King; he has summoned his historians. He orders them to take turns, telling him stories of the most tragic events that ever took place and how they were solved. The motive is to learn if anything like this has ever occurred before, so the King could tap from the knowledge base and experience of his ancestors. The historians’ stories are different. The only similar stories are the ones from the period when shrines were burnt by Christians, which led to a civil war between the Ifa devotees and the Christians. The Ifa devotees burnt the churches also but finally there was peace. But most the shrines were destroyed and couldn’t be put back together since most of the images had been destroyed and the priests killed. Mini shrines were built but they couldn’t accommodate the vast population of people. On the other hand, the church had sponsorship and several new ones were built. People began to convert into Christianity, even those who patronized the mini shrines.

The King gets fed up with the historians’ stories and chases them away. He falls into a trance and he see himself dressed in arcane attire for our time. He gets scared but becomes calm when a voice says to him, “Don’t be scared for you are the son of my many sons.” He understands this is his grand ancestor speaking. .
So he asks, “Please, what should I do?”

“Do nothing,” his grand ancestor replies to him. “For it shall be well. So far you have taken the right steps based on your inheritance. But son, it is time to seek a way that’s different from the ones we followed.”
The King wakes up confused. What was his grand ancestor trying to tell him? Anyway, he takes solace in the statement that it is well and decides he is fit to retire to bed for the day.

In the morning, Tunde regains consciousness and he looks around, trying to remember all that happened. The dead bodies remind him. So he gets up, dusts the dirt off his clothes, picks his gun from the floor, conceals it in his waistband, then leaves through the door. He sees his motorcycle intact, just as he left it. He smiles and moves towards it. His footsteps wake up the guard who sneaks behind him and gives him a sharp blow on the head with the rear of his gun. The blow administers terrible pain and Tunde gets dizzy and then a second blow is given and he passes out. The guard drags him into the house.

Yinka wakes up, bathes her grandchild, bathes herself and then gets dressed. She carries her grandson on her back and begins to trek to Iya’s place as planned.
The King wakes up from his slumber and sends a messenger to go and call the Babalawo for him. He sends for his wife. When she comes, he looks at her and feels regret for all the pain he made her go through. He hugs her and gives her a passionate kiss and whispers in her ears, “I am sorry my Queen, I am under oath not to reveal what we discuss with anybody. If I did that, not just me but you and our children would suffer.”

The Queen sheds tears of joy and says to him, “It’s OK my love. I know you always want the good for us.” They move closer to his bed and cuddle up but then he remembers that they are not meant to touch women for a while. His face beams with disappointment and the Queen notices it and asks him what the problem is. He tells her it is hunger and she laughs and says, “I have never seen hunger overpower your urge.”

He forces a smile, kisses her, and says, “I starved throughout yesterday. Please my love, make my favorite for me, I beg of you.” The Queen gets up, smiles, and goes straight to the kitchen. Her joy is real. She loves the King so much and has never seen him this tense.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hmm....u go fear..
more grease to ur elbow ooo
next update please...
the story is fast-paced so u have to make d updates fast paced too... #winks##
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
DNA1: Hmm....u go fear..
more grease to ur elbow ooo
next update please...
the story is fast-paced so u have to make d updates fast paced too... #winks##

No fear oh ....update coming soon
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ogunshola is awake. The Babalawo sends for his son Oju. Ogunshola asks why and the Babalawo says his son is destined to be the next Babalawo so he has to be around so that he can learn from the experience. Oju comes there and he begins to chant, practicing what he has learnt. He places his hand on Ogunshola and says, “You are a warrior; you are here to learn how to use the power you acquired but let me warn you there is a lady cursed with an evil stronger than hatred; Kasala the spirit of trouble and despair. She will make your journey rough and hard. To flee the evil of her curse you will need to shield yourself in the tortoise shell.” Oju touches Ogunshola’s head and he sees a tanker explode. It feels so real he gets shocked and falls down. The Babalawo looks at his son. “I have warned you not to use that charm, it makes you age faster. But you always like to show off; that is why I have refused to teach you the strongest of spells. You need to come here to learn, not to display.” As he concludes, a messenger from the King's palace enters and tells the Babalawo that the King summons him. He turns to his son. “Don’t do anything till I come back,” he says and then he follows the messenger.

Nike gets up and has a flashback of all that has happened. She realizes that Iya has to be the cause of her problems and she wonders how she might locate her. She remembers that Iya and Yinka, the vegetable seller, hugged so she presumes they know each other. So she decides to go to the market and beg Yinka to take her to Iya. She checks and notices her fuel is low so in her car, she goes to a nearby ATM machine and withdraws some money. Then she drives to a fueling station. She gets scared, hoping it won’t explode. She buys fuel and drives off, trying hard not to look back but she does and gives out a sigh of relief. Then suddenly she hears the howl; her hands start to shake as she wonders what will happen. Then she sees a mechanic working under a car. The jack shifts and the car lands on his face, crushing it. His people rush there, trying to save him. One looks at the other and asks why he didn’t put a tire rim under as he had told him to do. The other one looks confused and they began to fight. Tears drop down from Nike’s eyes. She wants to come down and help but she is terrified that worse things will happen, so she drives past.

Yinka knocks on Iya’s door, but she gets no response. She knocks harder and Iya opens the door. She looks older than she looked the previous day. Iya tries to usher Yinka in but she refuses, explaining that she just came with her grandson to thank her for her help. But Iya insists. They enter the house and Iya offers them water to drink. They accept, not because they are thirsty but because of tradition. Yinka takes a sip and gives her grandson a sip and puts the glass down. Iya says to her, “Today I am not going to work, I want to rest. Please, I want you to become my friend because I have none. I want to be able to come and visit you and we could chat.”

Yinka smiles with excitement and replies, “We are already friends. If I weren't going to the market today, I would take you to my house so we can stay together.”
Iya looks at her with delight and says, “Please take me to your house and leave me there with your grandson. I don’t want to stay here because if I do, people won’t let me rest. They will keep knocking on my door and I won’t be able to sleep.”
Yinka nods and replies, “Let’s go.” She was happy that a healer would come to her house. It also feels good having someone to watch after her grandson while she is in the market.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2013
More more moreeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2013
Okay i am sure you must be wondering why i am such an avid follower of your story...
it's because i once wrote a story similar to this, but i didn't complete it.
but now, i think i should complete mine and post it here on nairaland...
like i said, i wish i could write like you,, the way you switch from one character to another without loosing track of what they are doing....
guy...u are amazing..
hoping to learn from you...

But i must advise you...whenever you switch characters, don't just put a paragraph...endeavour to do this

and also, if you don't mind, I think you you should go back to your first 3 updates and edit them, i.e put a space symbol (****) in between different scenes, so that your new readers will be able to follow the character switch........put lots of paragraphs too...

apart from that, it's a great story..
so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee continue.
thanks
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2013
DNA1: Okay i am sure you must be wondering why i am such an avid follower of your story...
it's because i once wrote a story similar to this, but i didn't complete it.
but now, i think i should complete mine and post it here on nairaland...
like i said, i wish i could write like you,, the way you switch from one character to another without loosing track of what they are doing....
guy...u are amazing..
hoping to learn from you...

But i must advise you...whenever you switch characters, don't just put a paragraph...endeavour to do this

and also, if you don't mind, I think you you should go back to your first 3 updates and edit them, i.e put a space symbol (****) in between different scenes, so that your new readers will be able to follow the character switch........put lots of paragraphs too...

apart from that, it's a great story..
so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee continue.
thanks

Many Thanks for your advice i'll do that
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
The Guard ties Tunde to a chair, gets water, and pours it on his face. Tunde wakes up and the Guard says to him, “Where is your partner?”
Tunde is confused and he asks, “Which partner?” The guard gives him a punch in the mouth and his lower lip bursts open. He screams out, “I don’t have any partner! I work alone!” The Guard looks at Tunde, pulls out a leaf from his pocket and tells him to eat it. Tunde refuses and the Guard continues to hit him. Tunde opens his mouth, chews the leaf, and spits it out.

The guard looks at him, laughs and says, “All I needed you to do is to taste it. It is Ewḗ Ỏtίtợ, the leaf of truth. It will force you to truthfully answer any question asked of you.” Tunde is in doubt and the Guard asks him again, “Where is your partner?”

Tunde doesn’t intend to say anything but his mouth opens as if he is a puppet controlled by a puppeteer. He says, “I have no partner; I work alone.”

The guard looks at him in amazement, wondering if he is immune to the charm. “Then who is the lady?”
Once again Tunde says, “I don’t know her. I threw the statue in her car when you people were chasing me.”
The Guard is still confused. “What do you want to do with the statue?”
Tunde replies, “I want to sell it.”
The guard nods his head. “So how do you plan to locate her?”
“I have a device that I attached to the statue; it’s a tracker. I can use it to locate the device anytime.”

The guard smiles. “Where is this device?” Tunde says nothing and the guard knows the charm has expired. He clenches his hand into a fist and asks Tunde again. “I didn’t want you to feel much pain but now it seems I don’t have a choice. So tell me where to get the device because I am tired, all my partners are dead, and my village is in misery, all because of your greed. I wouldn’t hesitate to kill you and go back to using the pot.”
Tunde replies, “You are going to kill me anyway because I know your secret.”
The Guard hits him above the eye and his eyebrow splits open. Tunde screams in pain. The Guard looks at him and says, “Yes, you have to die but you can choose between dying a quick death or to continue to suffer until I get fed up, cut your toes off, and leave you here to bleed to death.”
As soon as the Guard finishes his statement, Tunde replies instantly. “It’s in my house. I can take you there.”
The Guard slaps him. “Don’t think you can lead me into an ambush.”
Tunde pleads, “I swear it's not an ambush.” The Guard hits him harder and Tunde screams out, “It’s not an ambush! Why don’t you put that leaf back in my mouth?” The Guard sees truth in his tone. He unties him, searches the dead body of Nike’s dad, and gets his car keys.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
thanks for the update...expecting more...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diary Of A Condom / Ajayi And His Tenants / History Of Igboland And Origin Of Onicha Ado By Ikechukwu Ayo Aduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.