Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden (33397 Views)

Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / World Most Hilarious Names / A 5-year-old Girl Is World's Youngest Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Looks too synthetic and plastic....almost like a set from the Wizard of Oz, or Alice in wonderland; give me the rustic charms of Central Park New York or Hyde Park in London.
hyde park is a bit too plain for me
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
LMAOOOOO OH LORD !!!! no na plane.......it will be faster for the both of us
I am suffering from airoehsomiosis do you know what that means?it is a fear of air-planes.lol,please let us use bus,and make sure that you buy so many biscuit and pure water so that we will have a memorable journey.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by peleson: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
These people realised that one day oil will dry up n they r investing in tourism turning desert into garden for future generation but ours in nigeria loot loot loot n pack! I wish all the military head of states n there counterparts n obj n some wicked governors, ministers n the wicked government officials should b lined up and be dealt with. GEJ has the opportunity of becoming the best president. He does good n the bad is there too. Am watching him. 2nd niger bridge, 9 universities, railway, airport, dual carriage n pothole free express roads ... Ok I just need more js many js a lot more more n plenty

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
ufotuko: I am suffering from airoehsomiosis do you know what that means?it is a fear of air-planes.lol,please let us use bus,and make sure that you buy so many biscuit and pure water so that we will have a memorable journey.

Chei, onyibo dikwa mma, brother... you go oxford? Nke a agbaka m'isi, someone help kowashiate

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
ufotuko: I am suffering from airoehsomiosis do you know what that means?it is a fear of air-planes.lol,please let us use bus,and make sure that you buy so many biscuit and pure water so that we will have a memorable journey.
in fact, i'll cook rice and soup......which soup do you like ?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
toluh:
there is nothing my God can not do tongue
God self no go support the marriage,because God self go don see say na because of money you wan marry the guy
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
in fact, i'll cook rice and soup......which soup do you like ?
banga soup with a nice big chicken wey go big like your head,after that now get me a cold big stout make I take cool myself down,u know say na long journey,and make sure say you carry bed-sheet come because the cold go too much during the journey,and no forget to hold like 200 naira for hand so we go fit use am buy gala too wey we go fit eat too.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

Chei, onyibo dikwa mma, brother... you go oxford? Nke a agbaka m'isi, someone help kowashiate
lwkmd
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by diamondboa(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
God when is Nija turn to do good things like this beautiful garden ?father help us o.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by appleton: 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
I hope Govt. Fashola ȋ̝̊̅§ not reading this post... I can imagine wat might be going thru his mind right now. Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
ufotuko: banga soup with a nice big chicken wey go big like your head,after that now get me a cold big stout make I take cool myself down,u know say na long journey,and make sure say you carry bed-sheet come because the cold go too much during the journey,and no forget to hold like 200 naira for hand so we go fit use am buy gala too wey we go fit eat too.
LMMMAAAOOO okay sir grin grin grin
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
I would love us to spend four months,what do you think?hope four months is not too small?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
You see? That's why I always don't believe there's a place called heaven cuz we've got it all here. Enjoy your life as much as you can and quit depriving yourself all these beauties hoping for a heaven up there pointing at the sky.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
REALITY101: You see? That's why I always don't believe there's a place called heaven cuz we've got it all here. Enjoy your life as much as you can and quit depriving yourself all these beauties hoping for a heaven up there pointing at the sky.
do you take weed most times?just asking
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
ufotuko: I would love us to spend four months,what do you think?hope four months is not too small?
even a day will be fine.....four months will be great grin
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by emmyid(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: Wow! Am in lovegrin
undecided[quote author=CeCe Billz]Wow! Am in lovegrin[na flashy tings go kill u..mtcheeew]
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by UD101(m): 9:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
obynocj: Featuring over 45 million flowers in stunning designs and breathtaking shapes you’ve not seen anything like Dubai Miracle Garden.

The city authorities and entrepreneurs alike are doing well turning Dubai into the world’s best tourist city. They don’t just rely on nature’s blessing; they make conscious efforts to make the city beautiful and become cynosure of all eyes. A riot of colours as far as the eye can see. A long perimeter wall and four kilometres of pathways decked with bright flowers that glow in the midday sun and still stand out at twilight.

Welcome to Dubai Miracle Garden, the city’s latest outdoor recreational destination, located in Dubailand near the Arabian Ranches. The little-known park was launched on Valentine’s Day. 
Decked with flowers on the ground and hanging from arches, the garden contains up to 45 million flowers. It is currently batting for a Guinness Record for the world’s longest flower wall with a one-km circumference.

Visitors, overwhelmed by the beauty of the garden, have dubbed it a little “piece of Eden”, many admitting they discovered the destination by accident.
Kate Holbrooke, a Canadian who has been living in Dubai for nine years, said she was in awe of what she saw: “Why aren’t they telling people about this? I’ve never seen such a beautiful sight as this.”

A mother of two-and-half-year-old twins Layla and Siena and resident of Falcon City, Holbrooke said she never imagined a “piece of Eden” could be possible in the desert.
“I’ve been to so many cities but have never seen anything like this,” she said.
Besides the flower-decked perimeter wall, there are special vertical and horizontal landscaping designs for each area: arc-shaped walkways, a pathway covered with colourful mini-umbrellas, 10-metre-high flower pyramids, water bodies and flower-decked vintage or designer cars.
Flowers are in the shape of hearts, stars, layers and igloos too. A golf cart can be requested for special-needs or elderly visitors. There are public toilets, ablution and prayer rooms.

“It looks like a perfect pre-nuptial or wedding destination,” said Cathy, a British woman who also found the place by accident. 
There’s ample space for outdoor recreation and provision for retail outlets.
The Miracle Garden features flowers which have been planted for the first time in the Gulf region, said park developers.
Abdel Naser Y. Rahhal of Al Ain-based Akar Landscaping and Agriculture Co., said no two seasons will be the same at Miracle Garden as it will follow different themes each season. Akar is the same company that is behind Al Ain Paradise, the size of four football fields and home to approximately 10 million flowers in the garden city near the Omani border.

“We are currently concentrating on annual, seasonal flowers,” said Rahhal, adding they are also planting trees on the perimeter as windbreakers. He said they hope to attract one million visitors a year once fully operational.

“We have put this together with tourists in mind. We also want to demonstrate that it’s possible to green the desert through judicious re-use of waste water, through drip irrigation.”

Rahhal said there are at least 45 natural colours found in the Miracle Garden.
Retail outlets, restaurants, souvenir shops, plant nurseries and a multi-storey car park will form part of the destination in the second phase of its development. Work will start on site in mid-2013.

“In Europe, it’s dead in the winter and alive in spring and summer. We’re the total opposite. Here in the desert, winter is ideal for optimum growth of outdoor flowers. This is just how the world works,” said Rahhal.

GARDEN DETAILS
Timings: 9am to 9pm (open till late-May, reopens in October)
Planted area: 72,000 sq. metres
Pathways: 4km
Number of flowers: about 45 million
Entrance: Dh20 and free for kids below three (free entry for all until February 21)

Source: http://rankdchyson..com/2013/02/the-worlds-most-beautiful-garden-now-in.html
I don (•͡_ •͡ Ѡhε̲̣Ʀε̲ i go do M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ honeymoon, heaven onearth indeed.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Symphony007: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

First off, there's no need to compare Dubai and Nigeria, if at all, compare UAE and Nigeria. However, no one was comparing both nations, I simply made a comment "unlike Nigeria", Dubai isn't dependent on oil. Now that we have resolved that, NEXT

Nigeria without oil would have made Nigeria a hell hole, oil is the thing keeping us alive because we've not been able to diverse away from oil. So I think you're the one wrong on that.

You honestly believe that foreign investors coming is because of young population? Lol, dude, don't get me started. Investment in an economy depend on several other factors including "HUMAN RESOURCE" which is gauged by the active able bodied population. While human resource is important, it can be imported.

It's true we have one of the best soil, I'm not disputing it, every city has comparative advantage to the others. For you to say their economy is dependent on royalties to govt is just funny at its best.

Tourism will always be there for them, they have real estate, they have manufacturing, they have resources, just like NIgeria, they're good in their own field.

I don't know why you're singing they are empty, is it only you who doesn;t know the global financial crisis?

Abeg, please don't put words in my mouth, no one is comparing UAE to Nigeria, all I simply said id, "unlike Nigeria", they've diversified their economy and not oil dependent.
nigeria will drown without oil? But nigeria had a dynamic economy before oil was found which brought us the groundnut pyramids of kano and others?

This is'nt rocket science it's simple economics. Corporation needs a vibrant population to provide cheap labour, also to consume what is being produced and he rest is exported. Also they need incentives like good roads,security,etc. And yes citizens of the UAE don't work. They recieve monthly salaries from the government. Go and do your research. Due to the non-existent workforce, labour is imported!!

The crash of the dubai real estate market started before the economic crisis and it's still on going!! Properties are being sold at give away price. Even the burj dubai is half empty, mention one manufacturing company that produces in the UAE. Just one.

Tourism is a bubble!! It bust at anytime. Thank God you used nigeria as an example. Go to tinapa is calabar and see what a failure it is. Where are the tourist? Even obudu cattle ranch is dwindling to the point roads leading there is going bad and planes hardly lands on it's airstrip.

And finally, there id nothing diversified about the economy of the UAE. It's just oil and the emir of qatar realise this, that's why he is buying buisness abroad like al gore's current t.v and erecting buildings like the shard in london.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Ejine(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
touchmeder: wow in the desert?

All this shiit will dry up as soon as the oil money is gone.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ejiné:

All this shiit will dry up as soon as the oil money is gone.
if the oil money did not go go and hold it.dumb ass
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Ejine(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
ufotuko: if the oil money did not go go and hold it.dumb ass

The "dumb asss" is definitely your dead-beat knuckle-dragging doofus of a dad who didn't see it fit to expel you through masturbation and straight into a public toilet.

Nairaland is truly loaded with stray retarrds like your sorry soul.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by zonax(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Who can get me some Dubai maga? I need to witness this for real
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by gerald09(m): 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
That is oil and real estate money @ work. With that money u can build a hotel under water oops! Dey already did.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
DJDOLA: MTCHEWWW COME AND SEE MY FATHER GARDEN..MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN DUBAI GARDEN
WITH UGWU, BITTERLEAF, WATERLEAF, EFO, AND OTHER SHRUBS
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Dawdy(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sweetapple007: that's ur own opinion ,but didnt change the fact that i hav been there. Jealousy!!
Can you show us your picture while being there? Because I beleive you can't go to such place without having yourself snapped.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by mensdept: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
That's in a Muslim country by the way.

Our pastors and Mallams dont even know how to cut grass, not to talk about the people in 9ja that can't grow up and demand better for thei children's sake.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
LMAOOO dont worry yourself theres nothing grin grin
YEAH RITE!

BUT GUD 2 C U HAPPYI WAS BEGINING 2 THINK URE ONE OF THOSE MISERABLE SOULS
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by thatchic: 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nigeria and the UAE discovered oil around the same time ,1950’s. The difference is like 7up.
our shameless useless looters will not emulate their counterparts but rather go there and enjoy their loot.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Are these things really making money for dubai? We will never know until their oil run dry.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Symphony007: yeah dubai is fine but they don't have an economy. All they do is enjoy their oil wealth and live in lavish opulence meanwhile they import africans and phillipino's to do their work for them. This is not gonna last for long. The cracks are already showing. They had to borrow money from abu dhabi to complete the burj khalifa and their man made island luxury homes are pratically empty along with all their highrise condo's and the last blow to them will be the coming fall in the use of oil.

AT LEAST WEKNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THEIR OIL WEALTH.WHAT HAVE WE DONE WITH OURS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Housemaid Bites Mother of 3 To Death / Driver Crashes Bus Into A Shop In Ahoada West, Rivers State (Photos) / Car Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Ondo, Kills One, Three Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.