Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Marriage Proposal On Phone? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal On Phone? (12251 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2008
@scopium

well i guess its d omo-alata girls u will propose to wtout a ring,and u talk as if african girls are some piece of trash u can get anytime u want it,i guess u have never met the real african woman,who'd kick ur ass wen u propose to her wtout a ring
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2008
favcom:

Hey, Nairalanders!
Why remain in the past ages for goodness' sake? Life and technology has made it possible for us to experience new possibilities. This shouldn't be different. I know a guy that's been following a lady for over three years on the phone, and is currently thinking of proposing. They love each other now, nothing is wrong with that. Is there?  undecided

[size=13pt]Yeah there's nothing wrong with that as far as the end justifies the means[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by dee02(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2008
whatever the mode of proposal be it through email, phone, message in a bottle sent across the river, through a town cryer, via text message or whatever, love and making the union after proposal work is what matters, i know people that have proposed in Pluto and Jupiter, in space, inside a packed football stadium and on top of Eiffel Tower----yet their marriage still crumble like a pack of cards!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jacs(f): 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2008
Bless, Jodina!  Tell them!!! smiley wink kiss cool grin tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2008
jennykadry:

@scopium

well i guess its d omo-alata girls u will propose to wtout a ring,and u talk as if african girls are some piece of trash u can get anytime u want it,i guess u have never met the real african woman,who'd kick your ass when u propose to her wtout a ring

[size=13pt]Are you sanely sane? It's most unfortunate that your worth magnified a hundred times don't qualify you to be a real african woman because a real african woman won't abuse me over an opinion I'm naturally entitled to like you did. By the way how many people have you kicked their asses when they propose to you? tongue[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jacs(f): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2008
Dee02, i feel u, man,  That's what i call being realistic! U r a star!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by favcom(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2008
whatever the mode of proposal be it through email, phone, message in a bottle sent across the river, through a town cryer, via text message or whatever, love and making the union after proposal work is what matters, i know people that have proposed in Pluto and Jupiter, in space, inside a packed football stadium and on top of Eiffel Tower----yet their marriage still crumble like a pack of cards!

Haba! You know a lot o!

Anyway, d message remains dat nothing is wrong with a marriage proposal over d phone.
Reasons? 1. The guy may be shy. 2. There may be the distance barrier, etc, etc
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Sisikill: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2008
Proposing on the Phone ke? Lol, Orisirisi . .  .You know what, maybe we shouldn't be too quick to bring out the sharpened stake. There might be a good reason for it. . .like he's in another country where he was hoping to make his fortune and now he's stuck there because he does not have the nnecessarypapers and if he comes home, he won't be able to make it back. . .something like that.

Actually I wouldn't mind that at all. . .it IS better than [I]"I've finally decided to marry you" [/I] Lol. . .that one still kills me. Anyway, I've always imagined what I'd do if my guy got down on his knees and asked me to marry him and honestly all I see is me bursting out laughing at the whole image (Come on! it’s ridiculous enough on TV not to talk of real life, let's not even bring the corny as h*ll factor into it. Tee hee hee). I seriously doubt me laughing while he’s on his knee will bode well for his fragile ego (he IS a guy, after all) so I think it's best if he did it over the phone but knowing the dynamics of our relationship, it's probably going to be during one of our passionate sparring . . .verbal spars oh, not the knock down drag out fights. We do have a lot of that (again the verbal sparring), not in a serious way mind you but just to get our juices flowing, if ya know what I mean.

Phone Proposal. . .not that bad. What will be horrible is "I've finally decided to marry you" on the phone or We aren't getting any younger, we might as well do it. . .on the phone. Rotflmao!!!

By the way I hate that song with a passion.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Sisikill: 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2008
Are you sanely sane?

Lmao. . .as opposed to what? Insanely Sane or Sanely Insane? Insanely Insane? Insane Insanely?

Have I mentioned how much I love nairaland? Well ah do! ah do!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by MsLurker(f): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2008
I know, right.

We aren't getting much younger we might as well do it?

Thanks for making me feel special! undecided grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2008
@scorpium
i think im really insane,but i believe im an african woman of all african women,my oh my,dont tell me i insulted u,oooopsss,never meant to,but its obvious u've not met the real african women,who'd reign abuses on u on fone if u try such shit(as in phone proposal)im an african woman and i'd say an african woman does not insult people rather she makes her opinion known to all,even to guys like u,who thinks they can intimidate women.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by princeonx: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2008
@poster:
I don't think your friend is in love with the guy.

If she really/truely love the guy, even if na chalk him use write am for wall in front of their house or their gate, she go say YES.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by profy2k4(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2008
there is nothing wrong for someone proposing to the other on phone. it can be done any how.don't where people were toasting each other on the phone.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by oYaTo(m): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2008
Proposal on top fone? neva! I go like see my girl reaction when i dey propose, na d main thing be dat. Her facial reaction during the proposal and the manner of acceptance will really go a long way in how the marriage will pan out.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2008
@oyato
believe me n true u talk,u r the bomb
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by ifyalways(f): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
lol at replies
Personally i wudnt want to be proposed at on the phone . . . .reasons;
i want to see that special look of joy and happiness on the guys face while proposing.
i want him to see and feel my reactions live and direct .
lol and the after effect of my reply too. that very magic moment of joy,having found that special person,lol i cant accept a phone proposal pls. looks . . . .i dunno undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by TheSly: 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2008
Only a lame man would think of proposing over the phone. . . . . . . . . . . sad
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Sisikill: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2008
Macgreat:

It's a new world we are living in people. . .

Everything is growing in techinology. . .The guy should get reward for inventing this way of proposing to a woman. .
some people do have what is called phone intimacy right? . . why not phone proposal. . . please the this world advance in everything people and lets appreciate new ideas  wink  wink  wink

The girls shouldn't have over reacted to this lovely proposal. . .to me it's the most romantic thing ever  shocked . . .the guy try for even picking the phone to say to her "honey will you marry me" i think that is very brave   grin 

LORD HAVE MERCY. . .  wink

I agree. . .just as long as some people (and I mean guys) don't start taking liberty with it. You can see them going. . .

"Honey, let's go to dinner. . .is your webcam working? What? We don't have to be in the same restaurant to have dinner together. Everything is growing in technology now,  Please the world is advancing in everything people and lets appreciate new ideas. Bring out the webcam oh jare."
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Gamine(f): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2008
The guy must be high on Cheap Panadol!!! cheesy

It depends on the parties involved
it wouldnt matter to some people
it will matter to me sha cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by chrisoml(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Only a lame man would think of proposing over the phone. . . . . . . . . . . sad
i dont quite agree with you here. What about the whole issue of circumstance been raise by diff posters here- i.e
those in distance relationship and so on.
as for me its not about the way a marriage proposal is proposed by what comes afterwards.
cheers. smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by quentininc(m): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
men!how will u propose to a girl via the phone it takes the suspense away from it and spoils the moment cos the babe wont be able to see u cry when she turns u down grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by ifyalways(f): 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2008
quentininc:

men!how will u propose to a girl via the phone it takes the suspense away from it and spoils the moment because the babe wont be able to see u cry when she turns u down grin grin grin
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeei
my dayz grin grin grin
anoda good point.perharps its an option 4 losers tongue .
chrisoml:

i don't quite agree with you here. What about the whole issue of circumstance been raise by diff posters here- i.e
as for me its not about the way a marriage proposal is proposed by what comes afterwards.
cheers. smiley
lol
then for the so called long distance relationship you wudnt be suprised too when they exchange rings online or on phone too grin
No matter the distance,i demand physical presence for proposing. me personally sha. cool
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2008
@post
i would do the same thing the girl did. . .propose to me on the phone? wetin do him? he's shy or what? he's too broke to afford a ring? i no like this idea of modernization o. . . i like it the old-fashion way smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by TheSly: 1:39am On Mar 20, 2008

i don't quite agree with you here. What about the whole issue of circumstance been raise by diff posters here- i.e
cheers. smiley
Iight chrisoml here's the deal! cool
Why don't u try it with someone i know. . . like ma friend and u'll see the outcome.
I still stand on it. . . . Proposing over the phone is lame! forget about the distance or waeva. . . .
Thats a spastic excuse. . .ok what if u propose over the phone, would u do the wedding over the phone as well?
There u have it. . .no matter who's involved. . you both will eventually see and plan about tha marriage. .

Don't propose over the phone. . . . . .its lame!! wink
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by FemiATL: 4:00am On Mar 20, 2008
change is the only constant thing in life.My Grandpa proposed to Grandma 2ru an intermediary.Things must change, we can't remain in the normal way,proposal can be in any form, the only clause is IS THE GUY REALLY SERIOUS? My fiancee proposed 2 me on phone. he was on an official trip to russia, and he was scheduled to stay there for 2 years, he can't fly home to proposed, so he did it on phone.

Many face to face proposals end up in shambles, so it depends on the lovers in question.Ladies have that notion that a guy must propose to them face to face, its good but remember , things are changing.TECH DAYS

The most sensible response as far as am concerned!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by TheSly: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2008

The most sensible response as far as am concerned!
Propose to someone i know over the phone and see what happens. .
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by bayojones: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2008
what is the fuss abt the way a guy proposes, if you like a guy shld propose thru an email no wahala, ME I FEEL THAT the main thing shld be the true intensions of the man nd all this is allsecondary but the truth is dat they are very romantic proposals dat the actual marriage last 6 months or neva existed men i never propose but i no know how i go do am,
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by bayojones: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2008
what is the fuss abt the way a guy proposes, if you like a guy shld propose thru an email no wahala, ME I FEEL THAT the main thing shld be the true intensions of the man nd all this is allsecondary but the truth is dat they are very romantic proposals dat the actual marriage last 6 months or neva existed men i never propose but i no know how i go do am,
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by sweetberry(f): 8:30am On Mar 20, 2008
if that is the only romantic thing you going to do in your life please do it properly. i suppose he will be sending the engagement ring by post too!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by damel(f): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2008
Proposal on phone?? thats bullshizzy so they would have enough time to read out their cheap lyrics from a sheet of paper
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by otokx(m): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2008
Is phone not a means of communication again?
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by PurestBoy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2008
otokx:

Is phone not a means of communication again?

Bros thank u ooo, Na wa for all these Lander girls, they too they form. What if the he's a shy guy? Has he committed any crime by proposing on phones. I guess it's the respect that matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will You Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend? / Ladies, How Many Dicks Have Entered Your Pvssy This Year? / Imagine Someone Doing This To Your Babe When You Not Around (pics& Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.