Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World (30650 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

You wicked o..lol
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Mrhod: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
c europen con3 on d list o, 1st world con3 i dont beleive dis
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Dee60: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Red-Light:
imagine ... nigeria is a poor country with over 103million gsm subcribers and 40% of those mobile is blackberry .... and they still believe 90% nigerians are poor

BB phones plenty, yet no hospitals! Suffering and talking, while Adenuga keeps smiling to the bank!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
Otamio: Nigeria i hail u.

you just have to
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, you know me already... Oya back up your claims with FACTS.

Google caspian sea, bruv.. That's arguably the richest region in the world!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Opoki(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
FG must have [b]Roger[/b]this guy heavily in other not to include Naija.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Le Ostrich:

You are a confirmed illiterate! Which of the listed countries is communist?

How can I even take an Ostrich seriously?? undecided

Belarus, Bosnia, Turkmenistan etc. are under Russian's square of influence... Zimbabwe and Iran are anti-west - enough said!!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

Google caspian sea, bruv.. That's arguably the richest region in the world!

You think Nations like Japan became First world Nations from Natural resources?

Congo is on every indices potentially a very wealthy Nation but without translations of such wealth to human living standards then it also inconsequential.

The Niger-Delta region has one of the richest oil reserves. Since the early 70's oil from this region has sustained Nigeria's economy but has that in any way transformed the lives of the people of that region and by extension a vast majority of Nigerians? The answer as you should know is NO!

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by chebeoc(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=free2ryhme]

first lower unemployment, gdp per capita 3* nigeria, infratrustures all working, their citizens not running around every continent like nigerians
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
Opoki: FG must have [b]Roger[/b]this guy heavily in other not to include Naija.

That's the truth, bruv...

Enough of celebrating mediocrity - Nigeria should be on that list!!

The country is almost dead and you have to feel sorry for the poor folks in Nigeria(who make up more than 70% of the population) because no one cares about their plight...
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
rokiatu: Yea right I sure as hell ain't shock to see Liberia there.

Lord what happen to our country? cry cry cry cry cry

Ouch! Poor Rokie!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Burger01(m): 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Thank God Nigeria is not on the list... Relieved..
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Dsecret: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
free2ryhme: how come somalia is not on this list?
don't mind d bias & sentiments filled CIA & other western spy agencies.can u imagine Belarus wit a very low unemploymnt rate n dat list just because dey r no friends of USA. Somalia,Burundi,congo,Niger nd oda vry poor sub sahara nations r nt there.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Le Ostrich:
You think Nations like Japan became First world Nations from Natural resources?

Congo is on every indices is potentially a very wealthy Nation but without translations of such wealth to human living standards then it also inconsequential.

The Niger-Delta region has one of the richest oil reserves. Since the early 70's oil from this region has sustained Nigeria's economy but has that in any way transformed the lives of the people of that region and by extension a vast majority of Nigerians? The answer as you should know is NO!

I'm not arguing about resources here - Iran is ahead of Nigeria on every index... So, why is Iran on the list and Nigeria isn't A country exporting more megawatts of electricity than Nigeria produces is on the list, yet Nigeria is missing on the same list... A country with a huge manufacturing base despite sanctions and its mineral wealth is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list... A country with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half Nigeria's population is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list... A country widely regarded as an intellectual property is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list...

Enough of celebrating mediocrity - Nigeria deserves a place on this list, period!!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by NeoXVI: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
pro01: How can a country possibly have an unemployment rate of 95%? A entire population of idle hands? Surely, that estimate is far-fetched.

My thoughts exactly. If people are farmers, are they unemployed? It isn't practically possible to have a country with 95% unemployment. You can say under-employed but not unemployed. The list is political also. Iran shouldn't be on that list. They are light years ahead of us. Syria is also there only because of the civil war in their country presently.

As for us celebrating that Nigeria is not on the list, isn't it such a big shame that the thought should cross our minds? With all our resources and the brilliance of our people. A more valid ranking is the HDI where we rank 156 of 187 countries. That's sad but accurate.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by chebeoc(m): 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
those that are rejoicing that nigeria is not on the list, i want to ask these question can you wait until someone told you that you're sick before going to see the doctor,
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

I'm not arguing about resources here - Iran is ahead of Nigeria on every index... So, why is Iran on the list and Nigeria isn't A country exporting more megawatts of electricity than Nigeria produces is on the list, yet Nigeria is missing on the same list... A country with a huge manufacturing base despite sanctions and its mineral wealth is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list... A country with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half Nigeria's population is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list... A country widely regarded as an intellectual property is on the list, yet Nigeria isn't on the list...

Enough of celebrating mediocrity - Nigeria deserves a place on this list, period!!

There are severally indices used to arrive at their conclusion. Iran if I may reminder you is a Nation were the government in power arranges and operates clandestine assassinations and detention centers.
If you feel the index was not fair on Iran then you can move there in defiance of this report.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by RedLight1: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dee60:

BB phones plenty, yet no hospitals! Suffering and talking, while Adenuga keeps smiling to the bank!
so hospital is what u use in measuring poverty level? U are one heck of a dullard.... If there is no hospital do u know how many people that will be diein everyday? ... I guess u live in diaspora or probably non nigeria that believe everytin sum fhucktards wrote abt naija without using ur brain to think abt the posibility of those posts
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Deiok(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
I totaly disprove of this ranking how can IRAN be on the list and NIGERIA is not there, how can BELARUS with just 1% of unemployment be on the list NIGERIA is not there, how can SWITZERLAND be on the list and NIGERIA is not there. Most countries on the list citizens are enjoying the benefits of their resources than nigeria citizens.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Jaydee4u: 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
I can authoritatively say dat Kenya is not supposed to be in dat list. dat country is more developed than nigeria
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by PHIPEX(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt if you've ever been to Nigeria because you talk more like someone who has only read about Nigeria on the internet. The Nigeria you are talking about is certainly different from the one I live.

4 Likes

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by RedLight1: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
Deiok: I totaly disprove of this ranking how can IRAN be on the list and NIGERIA is not there, how can BELARUS with just 1% of unemployment be on the list NIGERIA is not there, how can SWITZERLAND be on the list and NIGERIA is not there. Most countries on the list citizens are enjoying the benefits of their resources than nigeria citizens.
1 question for u... Are u jobless? If u are jobless i cn employ u.. Ok?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

How can I even take an Ostrich seriously?? undecided

Belarus, Bosnia, Turkmenistan etc. are under Russian's square of influence... Zimbabwe and Iran are anti-west - enough said!!

like it or not the U.S. still remains the greatest world economy in the history of the world. The U.S. and the western countries have contributed more to an improvement of general living standards of humanity.

I am sure right now that you are appealing your deportation from the U.K. on some phantom ed asylum claim
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Le Ostrich:
There are severally indices used to arrive at their conclusion. Iran if I may reminder you is a Nation were the government in power arranges and operates clandestine assassinations and detention centers.
If you feel the index was not fair on Iran then you can move there in defiance of this report.

Is the same thing not happening in Nigeria?? Political assassinations? Extra-judicial killings in the North and the bodies discovered in a river in eastern Nigeria this month Police killing people everywhere for no reason?? Terrorists and religious violence??

Don't even talk about armed robbers, kidnappers, andhigh poverty and unemployment rate... lipsrsealed

Obviously, you don't really know what a miserable place is like, to be honest..
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by ogb5(m): 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
See disagreement. Those of you who believe Nigeria should not be on the list, raise up your bb/andriod phone. Now those of you who believe that Nigeria should be on the list raise up your 3310/cyber cafe mouse.

Now those of you with your 3310/mouse raised, attach yourself to one of these guys with bb /android and learn from them how to make money in Nigeria.

There is too much money in Nigeria for you to come online and rank Nigeria with Zimbabwe.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

Is the same thing not happening in Nigeria?? Political assassinations? Extra-judicial killings in the North and the bodies discovered in a river in eastern Nigeria this month Police killing people everywhere for no reason?? Terrorists and religious violence??

Don't even talk about armed robbers, kidnappers, andhigh poverty and unemployment rate... lipsrsealed

Obviously, you don't really know what a miserable place is like, to be honest..

Please take your Persian appeasing a55 to Tehran!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
chebeoc: those that are rejoicing that nigeria is not on the list, i want to ask these question can you wait until someone told you that you're sick before going to see the doctor,

why are people hating on the country that produce them undecided
What a clown. Go back and live in one of those countries you dope. Obviously, we aren't doing enough for mental health because you're obviously in dire need of some help. Let me guess, you're "that guy." Probably read a lot of strange books, spend way too much time at coffee shops, eat organic homegrown foods, anti big business, votes for some freaks during the election, things all war is unjust, wouldn't mind dating a fat chick if she had a good heart, drives a 97 Subaru with nunmerous bumber stickers, wears hemp bracelets, loves indie rock, your family is successsful but you're an outcast. Is that you?

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Le Ostrich:
like it or not the U.S. still remains the greatest world economy in the history of the world. The U.S. and the western countries have contributed more to an improvement of general living standards of humanity.

I am sure right now that you are appealing your deportation from the U.K. on some phantom ed asylum claim

How did the U.S contribute humanity?? Ooops, by killing off millions of people and stealing their natural resources, no?? U.S.A has done more harm to humanity than good, to be honest...

Nah, appealing to renounce my nationality, take up the Nigerian nationality and be as miserable as you're... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) / Raila Odinga Swears Himself In As Kenya 'President' / Man Goes Unclad To Celebrate Zambian President's Election Victory.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.