Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:20 PM

The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World (30627 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by vislabraye(m): 5:59am On Feb 24, 2013
Niger Republic should be there.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 6:00am On Feb 24, 2013
ismhab: I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

First of all.... smiley

Do you reside in Nigeria?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 6:02am On Feb 24, 2013
delors:

Give one reason why Nigeria should be on that list you Camel!

I dont believe you reside in Nigeria for that statement you just made. If you do and you are true to youself you shouldnt be asking that question.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 6:06am On Feb 24, 2013
jammyng: For those thinking Nigeria should be on that list, think again. Nigeria is a super rich nation! tongue

How is Nigeria a super rich country? Because our whole GDP is in the hands of 20 people?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 6:09am On Feb 24, 2013
free2ryhme:

guy that ya data don old ooo

Nigeria $272.6 billion (2012)
Angola $114.8 billion (2012)
Libya $85.11 billion (2012)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2195.html

Thanks bro.... smiley
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 6:18am On Feb 24, 2013
seunajia: Nigerians love to delude themselves a lot. Without mincing words we should be on that list.

Imagine someone even spoke about owning blackberries as a sign of wealth/prosperity.

Education: outsourced: UK, US, ukraine, Russia, south-Africa, Ghana shocked, etc.

Health: Outsourced: India, Israel, Saudi-Arabia, UK, Germany etc

Industry outsourced: China, etc

Justice outsourced: UK etc.

I find these things alarming because of the amount of natural resources we have. It's a shame. Nigerian youths better wake up. It pains me when those foolish gaynians denigrate us. But when we are together, we must tell ourselves the truth.

We have enough to thump almost all of Europe!

Very correct .... Thanks for telling the truth even if it hurts.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by 76Naira(m): 6:21am On Feb 24, 2013
It would be nice to integrate life expectancy into this. I am quite certain that index has a fair correlation with quality of life.
If you do, this list would adjust to some reasonable extent and come out more accurate.

Niger republic and North Korea should be on the list, possibly in place of Kenya as well as Nigeria if its long enough.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by talk2me006(m): 6:49am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx: The list is a joke!! Most of the countries on the list are communist countries that are anti-west!!!

Any list without Nigeria in the top-10 is a miserable list - fvck CIA!!

How did Iran, Belarus, maldives, Swaziland, Senegal, Marshall Island, Kenya, Lesotho etc. make the list and a failed state like Nigeria isn't on there?? SMFDH!

I agree with u
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by talk2me006(m): 6:53am On Feb 24, 2013
delors:
Bros, open u gaddamn eyes n brain...Nigeria cannot be ranked alongside Iran, Sudan, Mali...etc How many Malians have access to the internet you are using to post this yeye comment on Nairaland right now? dull brains!!!!
It is u dat doesnt use ur brain. how can u judge with internet access or are u nt using mtn free mb.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by igbo2011(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Nigeria deserves its place on the list!!! grin

Nigeria, where art thou?? angry

Nigeria and africa are he best!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Mr9iceGuy(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2013
Its ok guys, Nigeria is on the 26th position, lets bury the arguement.... Court..................
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by talk2me006(m): 7:00am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

You mean the same Iran that the yanks call an intellectual property, no??

The same Iran with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half our population, no??

The same Iran that has the 2nd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, no??

The same Iran that produces its own military hardware, no??

The same Iran that exports 10 times the megawatts of electricity Nigeria generates, no??

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!!
thanks 1million times.
dont mind that daft guy.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by dramendra: 7:04am On Feb 24, 2013
adaobi123:
Nigeria aint that bad

People like you after making your ways to either malaysia or through yahoo you will think naija a dead country is not that bad.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by igbo2011(m): 7:05am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

Well, I'm planning to take a Ph.D in Anthropology and I might end up in Tehran for my research/scholarship - and probably live there for a couple of years....

I admire the Persians and their culture!! grin

What uni will you go to?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Arsenate(m): 7:18am On Feb 24, 2013
Nigeria is not on the list. Those of you here that are genuinely sad at that fact can go and jump into the lagoon. tongue
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by almajiri101: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Illiteracy is a disease, ders no connection b/n da pile of shiiiit u hv written n da topic. U ape
You have brain but cannot think, You have eyez but cannot see. Says who the post has no connection with the Original post? The post is for those who are condemning nigeria. Understanding (also called intellection). I think the undone banku and strong bone of tilapia had affected your Numba six.

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by fydence: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2013
chemberlin: How come Ajegule, mushin, bariga, oshodi, and warri is not on the list....NIgerians like to dey do ojoro to much
what do u knw abt Warri? Or u think everything u hear on 'I go Die' jokes is true?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by fydence: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2013
chemberlin: How come Ajegule, mushin, bariga, oshodi, and warri is not on the list....NIgerians like to dey do ojoro to much
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2013
I was expecting to see Nigeria o. Thank God naija no dey that list. That means there is still hope for our fatherland. But ehn when will liberia ever get better??
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii:

My guy are you still falling for that propaganda that there are 170 million people in Nigeria? grin

Where are these people? Do they reside in the bush or jungle somewhere? or off the express way driving from Lagos to Ibadan or to Edo State?

Exactly; I've always wondered how the 160/170 million figure came about. I think Naija's population should be around 100 million.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Emmy35(f): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2013
I thank God Nigeria is not on d list. Nigeria is not as bad as u people think it is. Nigeria has got potential nd i believe in Nigeria. I'm proud 2 be a Nigerian!!!!!!!!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by gabinogem(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2013
My own opinion, Nigeria has a place in that list... We don't need a prophet or imam or an atheist to tell us that.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by gabinogem(m): 9:01am On Feb 24, 2013
My own opinion, Nigeria has a place in that list... We don't need a prophet or imam or an atheist to tell us that. sad
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Burger01(m): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2013
Nigeria is full of ingrates. We know them..they are ready to denounce Nigeria and sell their birthrights at a drop of a nickel...smh.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by fujirice: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2013
To be honest, my heart was in my mouth while scrolling down; I was like,"could it be that Nigeria is number one?" and before you know it, VOILA!!! Zimbabwe! I did sign of the cross that 9ja excaped this one. At least make we no dey dz kind list for once!!!! smiley
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by ouagadougou(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2013
For goodness sake, Nigeria has to be on the list!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.

This document must have been tampered with. NIGERIA should be there.

We have at least 60% unemployment rate among graduates. A graduate teaching in a nursery and primary school isnt employment.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by TundE8: 10:23am On Feb 24, 2013
let me help,
unemployable graduate, high level of corruption, inadequate development plan.
delors:

Give one reason why Nigeria should be on that list you Camel!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2013
Lets wait till we get on the list before we start changing our ways grin
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Sike(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.
iWonder o!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii: Nigeria's GDP is too high that it cannot be considered as a suffering or miserable country. It is very ironic because with all the money Nigeria is making, we all know the citizens could be living large like the ARAB guys. The government has enough money to pay for everybody's education all the way to college level.

We have been so used to bad leadership that this fact you pointed out isnt visible to Nigerians. The only governor that tried free education (Rochas) has been insulted by little minded people as playing to the gallery or destroying industry in his state.

Nigeria has enough money such that no Nigerian should pay school fees anywhere within Nigeria.

What should one expect from a country where one man embezzles N32billion and pays a fine of N750,000 and gets set free? N32b can send 50,000 Nigerians to university at a rate of N640,000 per student.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 24, 2013
okpara ugo:

This document must have been tampered with. NIGERIA should be there.

We have at least 60% unemployment rate among graduates. A graduate teaching in a nursery and primary school isnt employment.

Lmao...its not only western media who cook up figures afterall cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) / Inflation Forces Turkey’s Central Bank Chief To Move In With Parents / Man Goes Unclad To Celebrate Zambian President's Election Victory.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.