Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! (961 Views)

Developers Please I Need Your Help. / Calling On All Coders & Web Developers, Please Advice Me On Social Community / Drupal Developers, Please Log In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by omni1: 11:09am On Feb 23, 2013
Only in Nigeria can someone force you to use Internet Explorer.
Go to http://portal.unn.edu.ng/pg/frm/adm/default.asp on another browser and see.
I'm just so shocked!

If you know the developers please alert them to call for help with some codes for browser compatibility. Imagine tying your application to one browser in this century. Mehn!!! shocked
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by yawatide(f): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2013
I don't know which is worse: Telling me I need to use internet explorer (which might be acceptable considering it is a portal, though come on folks! This is 2013) or that there is a security flaw when you replace the "0" with a tick, in the redirected url: http://portal.unn.edu.ng/pg/frm/adm/logout.asp?logout=0
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by omni1: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
I don't know which is worse: Telling me I need to use internet explorer (which might be acceptable considering it is a portal, though come on folks! This is 2013) or that there is a security flaw when you replace the "0" with a tick, in the redirected url: http://portal.unn.edu.ng/pg/frm/adm/logout.asp?logout=0

I guess they likely couldn't handle some stuffs so decided to use what they could manage with which isn't a nice approach at all. Let's not talk security now or that portal might just get invaded in some moment. You know we have some "angelic hackers" looking for where to do some school assignments. tongue
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by soloqy: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Its not an Intranet where they would at least determine the people that would be using the Portal and ensure that the systems connecting to it, have Internet explorer installed. But this is different as they want the public to access it. So sad.

The site is built in ASP. Maybe they are using one of those Microsoft Applications/tools that tie you up with dependencies forever grin
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by ogzille(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by sisqology(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2013
*dies*
Re: Unn Portal Developers Please Make A Change! by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2015
is like there are using dropal to design

(1) (Reply)

Stop Don't Buy Web Traffic It's Bad For Your Web-site! / // / 5 Best Wordpress Custom Post Type You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.