Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:35 AM

Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy (1588 Views)

Ladies; 6 Reasons Why You May Feel Pain In Your Vagina / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Causes Of Waist Pain In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy by sansil(f): 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2008
pls what is the cause and how can one stop the pain or hook one get when in late pregnancy, when sleeping u try to turn by streching ur body ,u will feel some hooks in ur arteries and it is really painful,what can stop it pls my people.
Re: Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy by 4Him(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2008
Pls go and see a doctor . . . all these una pregnancies just dey fear me now.
Re: Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2008
sansil:

please what is the cause and how can one stop the pain or hook one get when in late pregnancy, when sleeping u try to turn by streching your body ,u will feel some hooks in your arteries and it is really painful,what can stop it please my people.
lol.
Leg cramps esp at night happens to almost every woman at different times during pregnancy.its caused by the change in the way your body metabolizes and processes calcium.If its so painful as you make it sound,Go see your OB/Gyn.
some of this home therapy would be of help :
Eat lots of low-fat calcium-rich foods.
Get regular mild exercise, like walking.
Prenatal vitamins that contains calcuim.(ask your doctor pls)
Gently stretch the muscle to relieve leg and foot cramps. If you have a sudden leg cramp, flex your foot towards your body.
Use heating pads or warm, moist towels to help relax the muscles and ease leg and foot cramps.
Re: Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy by TOYOSI20(f): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Poster

Leg cramps may start to plague you during your second trimester

and may get worse as your pregnancy progresses and your belly gets bigger.

While these cramps can occur during the day, you'll probably notice them most at night.

Here are a few tips for u,

1. Avoid standing or sitting with your legs crossed for long periods of time.

2. Stretch your calf muscles regularly during the day and several times before you go to bed.

3. Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes when you sit, eat dinner, or watch TV.

4. Take a walk every day, unless your midwife or doctor has advised you not to exercise.

5. Avoid getting too tired. Lie down on your left side to improve circulation to and from your legs.

6. Stay hydrated during the day by drinking water regularly.

7. Try a warm bath before bed to relax your muscles.

Next time u feel that way, immediately stretch your calf muscles:

Straighten your leg, heel first, and gently flex your toes back toward your shins.

It might hurt at first, but it will ease the spasm and the pain will gradually go away.

You can try to relax the cramp by massaging the muscle or warming it with a hot

water bottle. Walking around for a few minutes may help too.

If your muscle pain is constant and not just an occasional cramp

or if you notice swelling or tenderness in your leg — call your practitioner.

These may be signs of a blood clot, which requires immediate medical attention.

Blood clots are rare, but your risk is higher during pregnancy.

Stay safe smiley
Re: Help Pain In Streching Legs In Mid Pregnancy by sansil(f): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2008
thank you so much Toyosi and Ify ,you know in this part of the world one is the doctors don't understand English and i found it difficult making them understand what i mean in their language, although i know most of the docs. here might understand but they are not close to where i reside. i appreciate you guys so much.
stay blessed

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Yourself From Hiv/aids Infection. / Job; office Cleaner needed at Obalende / Ebola Virus And It's Possible Prevention Measures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.