Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos (12571 Views)

Photos Of The Hausa Keke Drivers Murdered By Ritualists In Enugu Revealed / Lady Murdered By Guys For Rituals In Port-Harcourt (Graphic Pic) / Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by BlackPikiN(m): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Policemen attached to Ilemba Hausa division have arrested a 30-year-old man who allegedly stabbed his brother, a Merchant Navy to death while he was asleep.
The incident, occurred at the early hours of Wednesday morning at Oritse Street in Imude community, under Oto-Awori local development council area of Lagos.
After allegedly committing the devilish deed, the suspect, Allen Biodun, 30, reportedly dragged the remains of his brother, Allen Olawale Ayetimi, 24, Toan uncompleted building behind their compound and dumped it inside the foundation of the building, covered it with leaves.
Thereafter he quietly went to his room and took his late brother’s ATM card, his Merchant navy uniform and phone.
Crime Guard gathered that the deceased only returned from an official trip to Port Harcourt at about 11pm Tuesday. Although, the late Olawale was based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. But his mission to his family’s house as reliably gathered, was to settle a score between his elder brother and mother.
Neighbours who referred to Biodun as a terror in the area, alleged that he was also responsible for the death of his father two years ago. He was alleged to have poisoned his father’s food in order to take over his three-bedroom bungalow as inheritance.
After his father’s death, Biodun reportedly chased his mother and siblings out of the main building,giving them the two shops in front of the house.
Noone, could however tell whether there was any scuffle between Olawale and his elder brother on his arrival. But Crime Guard gathered that there had been a lingering dispute between the duo. Sources attributed the dispute to petty jealousy which could be likened to that of the biblical Cain and Abel story.
The death of their father as gathered, saddled Olawale with the responsibility of catering for members of his family, since he was the only one who was working among them. Unknown to him, his good will did not go down well with his elder brother, who on the other hand, reportedly resorted to buglary and bullying as a means of survival.
At other times, Biodun reportedly did menial jobs. But the fear of Biodun in the environment was the beginning of wisdom.
“After the death of his father, he took to burglary. Everybody is afraid of him in the street. The only thing people did was to close their doors or even enter their rooms whenever they see him coming. Even if you see him stealing your property, you have no option than to beg him to return them because if you shout at him, he will beat you and nobody will come to your rescue”, a resident said, when Crime Guard visited.
Another possible reason attributed to the seeming ‘cold war’ between the duo as gathered, followed Olawale’s refusal to sometimes meet with Biodun’s financial demand, an action the latter took as intimidation and disrespect on his person.
Journey to Death:
On arrival from Port Harcourt that fateful day, Olawale reportedly washed his uniform, took his bath and shared a brief moment with his mother and siblings in the shop they were confined to,during which he informed them that his mission home was to convince his brother to accept them back into the main building,unaware that he would never live to see his mission accomplished. Before retiring to his bedroom which he shared with his elder brother, Olawale was said to have instructed one of his sisters to boil water for him to bath the next morning.
But apprehension set in at about 7am Wednesday, after his sister went to inform him that the hot water was ready, only to discover his blood stained clothes on the floor,without any sight of him. As she was about to leave the room, she reportedly met Biodun, who informed her that Olawale had gone to the bank. Unsure of what to do, his sister, reportedly alerted her mother who raised an alarm that created a scene in front of the building.
At that moment, a neighbour identified as Mr Sunday Abogunrin, disclosed to the gathering that he saw Biodun hours back, dragging something on the ground. Their greatest fear was confirmed when Biodun bolted at the verge of being questioned about the whereabouts of his younger brother. Noone,could at first run after him, apparently unsure of what he could be up to. It only took the efforts of a man among the crowd to catch him. After much persuation, Biodun reportedly took the crowd to where he laid the remains of his younger brother. On closer look, a deep cut, was discovered in the late Olawale’s neck and forehead.
How I killed my brother
A mild drama reportedly unfolded as Biodun, according to eye witnesses, started behaving like someone that was mentally ill,following his incoherent statement. But at a point, he reportedly confessed to have stabbed Olawale while he was sleeping.
The neighbour who claimed to have seen Biodun dragging the body of Olawale, told Crime Guard that: “I came out at about 1 am to ease myself at the backyard, when I noticed some movements. Out of curiosity, I peeped to see who it was, only to find Biodun dragging something on the floor. When I finished from the toilet, he was returning from where he went. I noticed his hands were stained with blood and when I asked where the blood came from, he said he just killed a goat. I never suspected anything, so, I went inside to sleep. It was when I heard shout from their compound in the morning that I had to disclose what happened”
The residents who wondered why a man could go as far as taking his own brother’s life, were however not too surprised, as some of them claimed they saw it coming.
According to one Ochukwo:“It is unfortunate that Olawale died. Biodun has actually made do his threat because he had on several occasions boasted that he would be the one to kill Olalwale someday. He had stabbed him before during a fight and since then, had told several persons that he would kill him someday”.
On why nobody cared to inform the police about Biodun’s threat , the residents said they would not want a situation whereby he would come after them at the end of the day.
Crime Guard gathered that Biodun’s mother and siblings were currently not only devastated by the tragic incident but were also afraid Biodun could carry out a more dastardly act if let off the hook.
He was however, handed over to the traditional ruler of the community, who thereafter, invited the Police. – vanguard news.

http://www.naijaurban.com/jealous-brother-hacks-sibling-death/#sthash.Ek8zQzj5.dpbs
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
Na wa ooo. Brothers for that matter. Hearts of men Is desperately wicked.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by KnowAll(m): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
That killer boy comes from d bloodline of Cain.

1 Like

Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Neighbours who referred to Biodun as a terror in the area, alleged that he was also responsible for the death of his father two years ago. He was alleged to have poisoned his father’s food in order to take over his three-bedroom bungalow as inheritance.

God, what is this life turning into?

Chineke, any day I have the thought of killing my own blood brother, remove me that day...

1 Like

Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by ceeceeco: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2013
Hillariøus!
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by iamswizz(m): 11:30am On Feb 24, 2013
i'm thirsty
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Liberal2020: 11:35am On Feb 24, 2013
I noticed his hands were stained with blood and when I asked where the blood came from, he said he just killed a goat.
To the eyewitness...Someone had his hands stained with blood at after midnight and told you he killed a goat and you foolishly believed it. I don't think it is that easy to kill a goat alone. Not so easy...I did try one time and the goat escaped with the knife.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 24, 2013
KnowAll: That killer boy comes from d bloodline of Cain.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by mbhs139(m): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2013
iamswizz: i'm thirsty

hope say no be blood you wan drink? take am easy o!

3 Likes

Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by ManTiger(m): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2013
So so unfortunate for the dead.
There are questions begging for answers.
Its either the guy is possessed or a blatant bastard.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by mbhs139(m): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2013
Liberal2020: To the eyewitness...Someone had his hands stained with blood at after midnight and told you he killed a goat and you foolishly believed it. I don't think it is that easy to kill a goat alone. Not so easy...I did try one time and the goat escaped with the knife.

Lazy man. So, we no fit even send you go Mali or Bornu go face BH boys
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Dfrenzy(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2013
Wicked world
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Liberal2020: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2013
mbhs139:

Lazy man. So, we no fit even send you go Mali or Bornu go face BH boys
You didn't care to ask me how big was the goat?
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Nwogbe: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by mbhs139(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2013
Liberal2020:
You didn't care to ask me how big was the goat?

Na elephant? I know the average size of a goat now, wetin?
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by alphaconde(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2013
Nigerian hercules
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by cyril83(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2013
This poo is nothing but a script.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by jeron1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
We are livin in this world with a lot of crazy and psycho people...dey don't knw what life is worth. They av the front row seats at the gate of hell...na wa Ooº°
R.I.P ma fellow Ahoy... Its so sad.
˚
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Originalsly: 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
mbhs139:

Na elephant? I know the average size of a goat now, wetin?
LMAO!...you guys funny!
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by gwas(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
The guy is psychologically ill
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by caesaraba(m): 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
gwas: The guy is psychologically ill

Yeah. And there's a cure to his illness. It's called, "take him outside and shoot him rather than waste taxpayers money on feeding, accommodation (in the cell) and legal costs."

We have enough crazy people already. We don't need crazy murderers to add to that number.

2 Likes

Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by israel007: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
And this guy is still alive? Should have been smothered there and then.

If it's good for someone else to experience the you most definitely are fit for it.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
as for me i dont believe in this story. i have been trying to find out from the map of lagis state where that area is and ita proved abortive. why will a police division in lagos be named ilemba hausa division? this is just a script, even the source link to me cant be trusted.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
So many things in this story just doesn't add up. Acc to the story, he was responsible for his father's death, and nothing was done about it. The family and the extended ones as well simply let him off the hook, and allowed him to live his life to kill the remaining members of the family?? Hell no! No sane person will let dat happen.
2ndly, the neighbour who saw him in the midnight dragging something and with blood stained hands, really do believe him dat he just killed a goat?! Gosh!wtf?? Even a stupid man should be able to differentiate the shape of a human from dat of a goat. When biodun told him its a goat dat he just killed didn't his IQ tell him dat something doesn't add up.
Also, for someone who has been described as a terror in the neighbourhood for a long time, why has there been no attempt, one single attempt at reporting to the police even on an anonymous note?!
This story is either fake, or there's error in this pathetic journalism.
Well if this is true, then i can only say he should be dealt with accordingly.. God dey.

1 Like

Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by HisMajesty1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
RIP Wale aka 'shadow'. This incident happened in my hood. I know both brothers very well. Even one of the Vanguard journalist who reported the story is my friend he also stays in our hood. Although Wale get him own o! You don't expect the media to rreport 'everything' but his Brother was a Monster and terror to their own segment of our area.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by ibedun: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Sadly this case is going to become more of a common occurence in Nija.
Re: Navy Officer Murdered By His Jealous Brother In Lagos by Lakayana: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Liberal2020: To the eyewitness...Someone had his hands stained with blood at after midnight and told you he killed a goat and you foolishly believed it. I don't think it is that easy to kill a goat alone. Not so easy...I did try one time and the goat escaped with the knife.
haba you lazy oh wetin Aboki boys dey do dey do with their eyes closed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Money Ritual Does Not Work! Stop It And Listen To Reason Pls / EFCC Arrests Four Zamfara INEC Officials (Photo) / Fraudster Uses Jonathan, Dangote’s Pictures To Dupe Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.