Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye (8334 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 12:42am On Feb 24, 2013
RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 24 February 2013 WHEN HAPPINESS INTOXICATES by Pastor E. A. Adeboye

MEMORISE: And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luke 21:34

READ: Matthew 14:6-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 1-4

ACTION POINT: If while celebrating an event, those you invited are allowed to drink what could kill them and to engage in works of the flesh, you are destroying lives.

Some people make silly mistakes when they are experiencing their happiest moments. At such times, some youths grow wild, uncontrollable and fearlessly daring. Never be controlled by happiness but be controlled by joy. Those who are controlled by the momentary pleasure that happiness offers end up pleasing the flesh, while those controlled by their inner joy end up pleasing the Lord. In Esther 1:10-15, Ahasuerus was so merry that he ordered his wife to come and virtually exhibit herself before everyone. This means that it is possible to be so happy that you will not realise it when you are doing something that will cause you shame and disgrace.

Similarly, in Matthew 14:6-11, King Herod was so happy with the way his stolen wife's daughter danced that he swore with an oath to give her anything, which led to the untimely death of John the Baptist, who was then a check on his conscience even in prison. This also tells us that happiness can so grip an individual that the fellow would not know when he sets a trap for himself. By the time King Herod heard the request, verse 9 says he felt so sorry but he had no choice other than to kill an innocent man. Do not ensnare yourself because of one moment of happiness - you may never recover from it! Watch your words, promises and utterances when you are very happy! Many times when you are happy, you would want to flaunt it. The" flesh likes to flaunt itself. King Herod was marking his birthday, and it led to the death of a prominent man of God! When you mark your landmark birthday, what transpires? Do you use the occasion to feed the flesh, or to show off some wealth? Do you organise a party where some well wishers will indulge in smoking and drinking of liquor, or where you may even have a night party that will create room for immorality? Birthday is good but if it displeases God or makes others to displease God while marking it, you have made a good thing bad. What is wrong if you mark your birthday by organizing a crusade in your town or village, leading to salvation of souls? Or you visit the orphanage or motherless babies' homes to positively touch their lives? You can take that day off with your family just to oraise and thank God for His faithfulness. How do you handle your moments of happiness?

http://earlydigest..com/2013/02/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-24.html

14 Likes

Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by iamswizz(m): 11:00am On Feb 24, 2013
#Yawns

hmmm.. nice one.. even though i didnt read it..

Jus got back from church... I also paid my tithe today..

1 Like

Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by Davicjoe(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2013
may d lord intoxicate us with happiness
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by kwajahafiz(m): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2013
so the dillema becomes happiness or joy, which one..?
ill take which ever one comes to me pastor...
but i ll gurantee you ill get to either one alot sooner
if i had your private jets and unfathomable wealth..
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by donpetros: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2013
Oga Seun, God has done your own for you. Forbes Africa has recognized. Dont forget to intoxicate Nairalanders with happiness
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by ebamma(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2013
that pastor is doing his business today by preaching and collecting tithes, seun too is also doing his business by posting it here and getting views and adverts, me and u are the only losers here, ask yourself after reading this, 'what is my gain?
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by SegunBanjoko: 11:15am On Feb 24, 2013
God is good..........
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by akin101: 11:17am On Feb 24, 2013
ebamma: that pastor is doing his business today by preaching and collecting tithes, seun too is also doing his business by posting it here and getting views and adverts, me and u are the only losers here, ask yourself after reading this, 'what is my gain?

we learn oga and become more informed

1 Like

Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by gingerbread(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2013
iamswizz: #Yawns

hmmm.. nice one.. even though i didnt read it..

Jus got back from church... I also paid my tithe today..

Who cares if You pay your Tithe or not. How does this concerns us.

1 Like

Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by FlyboyZee: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2013
iamswizz: ... I also paid my tithe today..
Will it make GEJ win a second tenure?
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by vislabraye(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2013
The context in which he speaks is correct. Many people have indulged in excesses that led to their untimely death.

I was told of a man who went to the beach with some friends. After drinking several rounds of beer, he decided to sleep with a prostitute. He was so intoxicated that he didn't wear condom. After the sex, he realized himself. But it was too late. He ended up with HIV and died.
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by dayotheone(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
yes , as i've always say;the happiest moment of a man is also the weakest moment of a man , therefore watch out.
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by Kennyfancy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
if unah like make unah dey muslim unah own.. dat nor concern me.. wetin concern me b say me won vote for GEJif unah like make unah dey muslim unah own.. dat nor concern me.. wetin concern me b say me won vote for GEJif unah like make unah dey muslim unah own.. dat nor concern me.. wetin concern me b say me won vote for GEJ
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by thorpido(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
gbadexy:
The guy is perfectly right. On the other hand I think its your hypocritical christian brothers that need God's forgiveness.
Simply because a couple Islamic threads made front page on friday that was muslims holy day, the christians flooded the thread with insults and complaints about that despite the fact that there were numerous other threads on the front page including tonto dike riding bicycle.
I am a muslim and we aren't worshiping the same God so let's skip the pretense.
I have more respect for pagans and some atheists than for the holier than thou, hypocrite christians.
You are right.The God the Christians worship is the One Who sent Jesus Who is the True God(John 17:3).He is not the same as the one the muslims know.
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg no vex who be pastor Adeboye it rings bell
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by kgbd(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
JideJamez: Abeg no vex who be pastor Adeboye it rings bell
well pastor Adeboye is a pastor. Hope it sounds alarm now?
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by kgbd(m): 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
Has our religious intolerance gotten this far?
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by sfx9ja(m): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
I wonder how dis una stupid quare wan take bring down d price of alomo. Man wan high. *staggers off to look 4 N250 4 Alomo* hic! ;DI wonder how dis una stupid quare wan take bring down d price of alomo. Man wan high. *staggers off to look 4 N250 4 Alomo* hic!
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by olekubaby: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2013
leffects: [b]RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 24 February 2013 WHEN HAPPINESS INTOXICATES by Pastor E. A. Adeb

MEMORISE: And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luke 21:34

READ: Matthew 14:6-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 1-4

ACTION POINT: If while celebrating an event, those you invited are allowed to drink what could kill them and to engage in works of the flesh, you are destroying lives.

Some people make silly mistakes when they are experiencing their happiest moments. At such times, some youths grow wild, uncontrollable and fearlessly daring. Never be controlled by happiness but be controlled by joy. Those who are controlled by the momentary pleasure that happiness offers end up pleasing the flesh, while those controlled by their inner joy end up pleasing the Lord. In Esther 1:10-15, Ahasuerus was so merry that he ordered his wife to come and virtually exhibit herself before everyone. This means that it is possible to be so happy that you will not realise it when you are doing something that will cause you shame and disgrace.

Similarly, in Matthew 14:6-11, King Herod was so happy with the way his stolen wife's daughter danced that he swore with an oath to give her anything, which led to the untimely death of John the Baptist, who was then a check on his conscience even in prison. This also tells us that happiness can so grip an individual that the fellow would not know when he sets a trap for himself. By the time King Herod heard the request, verse 9 says he felt so sorry but he had no choice other than to kill an innocent man. Do not ensnare yourself because of one moment of happiness - you may never recover from it! Watch your words, promises and utterances when you are very happy! Many times when you are happy, you would want to flaunt it. The" flesh likes to flaunt itself. King Herod was marking his birthday, and it led to the death of a prominent man of God! When you mark your landmark birthday, what transpires? Do you use the occasion to feed the flesh, or to show off some wealth? Do you organise a party where some well wishers will indulge in smoking and drinking of liquor, or where you may even have a night party that will create room for immorality? Birthday is good but if it displeases God or makes others to displease God while marking it, you have made a good thing bad. What is wrong if you mark your birthday by organizing a crusade in your town or village, leading to salvation of souls? Or you visit the orphanage or motherless babies' homes to positively touch their lives? You can take that day off with your family just to oraise and thank God for His faithfulness. How do you handle your moments of happiness?

http://earlydigest..com/2013/02/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-24.html

AM BLESSED. THANKS FOR SHARING
Re: When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye by eaglechild: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
vislabraye: The context in which he speaks is correct. Many people have indulged in excesses that led to their untimely death.

I was told of a man who went to the beach with some friends. After drinking several rounds of beer, he decided to sleep with a prostitute. He was so intoxicated that he didn't wear condom. After the sex, he realized himself. But it was too late. HE ENDED UP WITH HIV AND DIED.
You make it sound like 'the HIV' killed him before he got home from the beach.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden / Female Pastor Preaching With Bare Boobs: Return O F Devil / Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.